• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, chrisco37 said:

One thing I failed to mention in my quick review was that I don't understand the critic response (at least the initial wave of poor reviews).  Not sure what they were really expecting??? 

As I said in my review, the audience seemed to enjoy the comedic Flash quips and also some of the corny Batman lines.  Everyone likes/loves WW.  I didn't hear anyone in the theater saying it was "bad" or "no good" or "boring", etc...  

How did the Barry Allen prison line scene go over with the bully?

3 hours ago, bane said:

Other thoughts…

Hide contents

-          Superman Vs Justice League, I loved seeing him beat the snot out of the JL, headbutting Wonder Woman into the floor was awesome, the look he gave Flash as he ran around him was hilarious, this should have gone for a bit longer before Lois Lane spoiled things.

Spoiler

screen_shot_2017-11-21_at_12.59.05_pm.pn

25 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

How did the Barry Allen prison line scene go over with the bully?

Just about anything the Flash said/did was met with positive response.   No "groans" from the crowd.  

I thought the costume was just ok.  Loved how they showed the speed force.   Lots of good moments with him.  

30 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

There's no question in my mind now that the cut scene wth Alfred had him talking to...

Hide contents

Tomar Re & Kilowog, from the unfinished credits scene where they visit Bruce. 

Only one problem..."He said you'd come"...singular.

Here's the original story (according to me:D):

Superman gets revived.  After being killed and coming back to life he is uncertain of his role.  He hasn't made up his mind to help the JL.  Goes back to Smallville.  Ma or Lois convince him he's needed.  That's where the scene comes in...when he finally decides to join the fight.

30 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

That could be plural as well, my friend. A collective "you."

Ok, I'll give you that.  A stretch but I can't argue correct grammar.

Then explain this Mr. Know-It-All...

The rumor is that the deleted credit scene was going to be when two lanterns visit Bruce...for the first time.  So how can Bruce know "they'd come" if he's never met them until that final credit scene?

I hope the director's cut becomes available so I can be proven right LOL.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Slow work day

11 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Ok, I'll give you that.  A stretch but I can't argue correct grammar.

Then explain this Mr. Know-It-All...

The rumor is that the deleted credit scene was going to be when two lanterns visit Bruce...for the first time.  So how can Bruce know "they'd come" if he's never met them until that final credit scene?

... because of what Diana told him about the Lanterns helping long ago when Steppenwolf attacked the first time. Bruce could expect them to know/be altered when he showed up again and send one or more to help. 

Edited by Chip Cataldo

4 hours ago, bane said:

My ranking of DCEU movies:

#1 - Wonder Woman/Man of Steel
#2 - Justice League/Batman V Superman Extended Cut (sue me!)
#100 - Suicide Squad

Mine is almost the same.

1.Wonder Woman

2. Man of Steel

3.Suicide Squad

4. Justice League

5. BvS

See with Suicide Squad was it at least had 

margot-768x384.jpg

People will still remember positive stuff about Margot Robbie 10 years from now. She has memes everywhere and a lot of women cosplay her costume.

Plus Will Smith was pretty decent in it.

38 minutes ago, bane said:

Even Margot Robbie couldn't save that film, plus her accent kept slipping throughout the movie.

Agreed - Suicide Squad was terrible (IMO).

Man of Steel and Wonder Woman were great, BVS (Extended Cut) was good (Although Doomsday was terrible and not needed IMO).

Looking forward to Justice League

2 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Why do people keep excluding movies like Green Lantern, Batman (Nolan Trilogy), Watchmen, Jonah Hex, etc. off their list of DC movies?

The DC universe isn't exclusive to Man of Steel, BvS, WW, Suicide Squad, and JL.

Catwoman!

Also, its pretty weird that James Brolin will have played Jonah Hex, Cable, and Thanos.  Hopefully Chris Evans can match him by being cast as Swamp Thing in 2020 Justice League Dark  after his Captain America contract is over.  Or Ryan Reynolds can match him by being cast as Gorilla Grodd in the 3rd Flash movie in 2025.

7 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Why do people keep excluding movies like Green Lantern, Batman (Nolan Trilogy), Watchmen, Jonah Hex, etc. off their list of DC movies?

The DC universe isn't exclusive to Man of Steel, BvS, WW, Suicide Squad, and JL.

Because  these 5

1.Wonder Woman

2. Man of Steel

3.Suicide Squad

4. Justice League

5. BvS

are a separate Cinematic Universe from the others like  Green Lantern, Batman (Nolan Trilogy), Watchmen, and Jonah Hex.

Think how the X-Men/Logan/Deadpool universe by Fox is in a different universe than the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

An example is The Batman Nolan Trilogy which is deemed the greatest superhero trilogy of all time by the critics is not considered to be in the same CINEMATIC universe as BvS and Justice League.

13 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

When they do that they're evaluating the DC Extended Universe movies, which is the DC equivalent to the Marvel Extended Universe movies that began with Iron Man in 2008.  All of the other films such as those you just listed are in their own universes and unrelated to each other.

1 hour ago, Chillax23 said:

Agreed - Suicide Squad was terrible (IMO).

Man of Steel and Wonder Woman were great, BVS (Extended Cut) was good (Although Doomsday was terrible and not needed IMO).

Looking forward to Justice League

But to you it was terrible. To a lot of people especially young women they enjoyed the Harley Quinn character by Margot Robbie immensley, and by looking at the box office a good majority agree as Justice League will not beat Suicide Squad at the box office.

There is a better chance of a Suicide Squad 2 right now than another epic Snyder Justice League adventure.

So that's a bigger win in the long run for Suicide Squad. IMO.

4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

But to you it was terrible. To a lot of people especially young women they enjoyed the Harley Quinn character by Margot Robbie immensley, and by looking at the box office a good majority agree as Justice League will not beat Suicide Squad at the box office.

There is a better chance of a Suicide Squad 2 right now than another epic Snyder Justice League adventure.

So that's a bigger win in the long run for Suicide Squad. IMO.

Agreed that to me it was terrible - hence the IMO. 

Also, not sure that Justice League won't make as much as Suicide Squad - but again I don't really care.

I will watch Justice League and form my own opinion of it, like I have for every movie I have ever watched.  I am hoping I like it (and think I will) and I am hoping there will be a sequel, just like I am still hoping for a Man of Steel 2!

13 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

"quote here"

12 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

"quote here"

I guess separating them the DCEU makes sense(shrug).  But this isn't a situation like Spiderman who's rights are shared.  DC 100% owns them.

If you ask me to list the best DC movie it should be a comprehensive list (not just limited to the 5 currently in the DCEU).  From Wonder Woman to Catwoman.

But thanks for clarifying(thumbsu

Saw it opening night and thought it was worth what I spent to see it so I'm good with it.  I think trying to splice in origins for Cyborg, Aquaman, and Flash were done adequately but given say 30 more minutes of screentime combined probably could have been much smoother.  Seemed to jump a lot to get everything in.  The instant I saw the end scene after the credits it made the whole movie for me.

29 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I guess separating them the DCEU makes sense(shrug).  But this isn't a situation like Spiderman who's rights are shared.  DC 100% owns them.

They do, but they didn't have a film equivalent to an editor-in-chief and let directors do what they wanted for the most part.  So, for example, Nolan created a universe that he explicitly said wouldn't make sense to put into one where superheroes existed, i.e. the larger DC universe.  Starting with Man of Steel they've been making an effort to maintain continuity of events within the film universe.

Marvel wasn't maintaining continuity either with their own films either until they finally formed their production company in 2006 or 2007 and had their first releases with the 2008 Iron Man and Incredible Hulk films.  The first Hulk film is in a universe all to itself with no connection to the post-2008 Marvel movies; the second Hulk movie had no continuity with events from the first.

Edited by fantastic_four