• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

RcOGu3B.jpg

That looks great! Is it my mind playing tricks, or can I see Spideys black suited mask in the Flashes body? Like one of those optical 'what can you see' tests.....

21 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

That looks great! Is it my mind playing tricks, or can I see Spideys black suited mask in the Flashes body? Like one of those optical 'what can you see' tests.....

That is an oddly-placed shadow, isn't it?

HOLY!

Joss Whedon Replacing Zack Snyder as Justice League Director

t's not a joke, The Avengers 1 & 2 director Joss Whedon will be replacing Zack Snyder on Justice League, after Snyder Announced he's leaving to deal with a family tragedy (via THR). 

Again: This is real, and while Marvel and DC fans have more reason than ever to be united now, the result will likely be a lot of argument on line. Better strap yourself in. 

Zack Snyder Steps Down From 'Justice League' to Deal With Family Tragedy

Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter he is stepping away from Justice League, Warner Bros.’ all-star DC Comics superhero mega-movie that is in post-production, in order to deal with the sudden death of his daughter. Snyder's wife, Deborah Snyder, who is a producer on Justice League, also is taking a break to focus on the healing of their family.

Stepping in to shepherd the movie through post and the shooting of some additional scenes will be Joss Whedon, the Avengers filmmaker and creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. With Whedon's help, the movie is still on track for its Nov. 17 release date.

Snyder’s daughter, Autumn Snyder, died by suicide in March at age 20. Her death has been kept private, with only a small inner circle aware of what happened, even as the movie was put on a two-week break for the Snyders to deal with the immediate effects of the tragedy. Zack Snyder says he initially was eager to return to the film, which stars Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller.

“In my mind, I thought it was a cathartic thing to go back to work, to just bury myself and see if that was way through it,” says an emotional Snyder in an interview Monday in his office on the Warner Bros. lot with Deborah sitting by his side. “The demands of this job are pretty intense. It is all consuming. And in the last two months I’ve come to the realization …I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me. They are all having a hard time. I’m having a hard time.”

The studio is fully behind the move. “What they are going through is unimaginable, and my heart — our hearts — go out to them, says Warner Bros. Pictures president Toby Emmerich.

How he even continued on for longer than a week after this family event is just mind-blowing.

:frown:

Edited by Bosco685

Snyder has eight total kids--two from an early girlfriend, four from a previous marriage, and two adopted with his current wife in 2004.  One of his adopted daughters is who committed suicide.  She's the third from the right in the pic below.

That's a lotta kids!  :ohnoez:

zack-snyder-family.jpg?quality=65&strip=

Joss Whedon Was Already Working On JUSTICE LEAGUE Before Zack Snyder Stepped Away From The Film

151414.jpg

Fans were understandably shocked when it was announced that Avengers director Joss Whedon was going to take over for Justice League reshoots when Zack Snyder was forced to step away in the wake of his daughter Autumn's tragic suicide, but it turns out this development wasn't as sudden or out-of-the-blue as we originally thought.

Variety caught up with producer Charles Roven at the Wonder Woman premiere in LA last night to ask him about the whole situation, and according to him, Whedon was already working on the movie when Snyder convinced him to finish it in his absence.

"We were saddened by the events that caused Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder to have to leave and turn the reins over to Joss Whedon. He was already working with us on some of the scenes for the additional photography that we’re gonna be doing shortly, and it was fortunate that Zack convinced him, and he agreed to step in and finish the movie, help Zack finish his vision, and we’re excited about that."

As we already know, Whedon is going to direct Batgirl for Warner Bros., and this would seem to confirm that they'd already begun collaborating. Perhaps Justice League will contain a little nod or reference to Barbara Gordon that will help set-up her solo outing?

Justice League: Geoff Johns Arrives In London For Reshoots

vkF39RP.png

In a few months, the DC Extended Universe will see its newest film drop thanks to Justice League. The much-anticipated movie will see Batman and Wonder Woman team up with the likes of Aquaman and more when Steppenwolf makes his presence known. Right now, Justice League is working through post-production as it undergoes reshoots in London. The process has kept some DC diehards antsy, but fans have reason to cool their concerns. After all, DC Entertainment’s president just arrived in London to see how everything is going.

Over on Twitter, Geoff Johns shared a post with fans which confirmed he is now in London. The producer posted a photo of a comic he was perusing in a local pub, and fans were quick to rejoice over Johns’ overseas arrival.

Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Will Make 'Justice League' A Bigger Hit (And A Safer Bet)

justice_league__2017____poster___1_by_ca

Wonder Woman has helped the DC Films franchise hop over the $3 billion mark at the worldwide box office. The Gal Gadot-starring period piece action drama has earned (as of this writing) $708 million worldwide after a month of global theatrical release, bringing the DC Films franchise’s grand total to $2.995 billion after four movies. By tonight, the franchise should be over the milestone, with an average gross of (at the moment) $750m worldwide.

In a different world, this film would either be a glorified victory lap or a must-hit release. But now, thanks to Patty Jenkins and friends, it’s essentially a freebie. Thanks to Wonder Woman, Justice League is both more of a sure thing and less important of a release to the overall health of the DC Films franchise. The success of Wonder Woman, specifically Gal Gadot’s portrayal, has cemented Wonder Woman as the most popular character in the DCEU. Justice League will be more anticipated than it otherwise might have been because it’s our next chance to see Diana kick and/or take names (or chew bubblegum).

The DC Films universe was already off to a solid financial start, with the first three movies earning $2.27 billion worldwide, which is about what the first five MCU movies ($2.292b, sans inflation and overseas market expansion) made. The issue is that at some point they had to release one that wasn’t critically-panned and/or given a mixed reception from audiences. Wonder Woman accomplished both of those goals, while offering something wholly different in the marketplace (a female-led superhero movie from a female director no less).

And thanks to its success, there is significantly less pressure placed upon and significantly more anticipation for Justice League among those who might not have liked Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad. Its triumph allows Warner Bros. to reposition the DC Films around Wonder Woman, so that their cinematic universe will be unique compared to the MCU, Sony’s Spider-Man stuff and Fox’s X-Men universe in being centered on a crowd-pleasing female superhero. Wonder Woman can be their Iron Man/Wolverine.