• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I wonder how many of our beloved superhero stars can claim they held the best copy of their character's first appearance?

But.................that is not the best copy of the character's first appearance. It may be the highest CGC graded copy, but not the best overall.......... :baiting: :devil:

1 hour ago, kimik said:

But.................that is not the best copy of the character's first appearance. It may be the highest CGC graded copy, but not the best overall.......... :baiting: :devil:

"Who is 'The Dentist' ?"

(:

Rumor: Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor has been cut from ‘Justice League’

We haven’t seen Jesse Eisenberg in any of the Justice League trailers yet, but last December Warner Bros. revealed that he was in the movie in a Justice League press release. The movie has gone through some changes since then, and according to a new report fans may not see him at all when the movie hits theaters this November.

In a recent fan Q&A, Batman on Film was asked how big of a role Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor would have in Justice League. Their reply? “He doesn’t have one. If he did prior to all the changes/reshoots, it was cut.”

This is just a rumor right now, but one that doesn’t seem completely farfetched. Justice League has a lot of characters and with the reshoots adding in new scenes, it’s possible that some older ones will be left on the cutting room floor.

I saw the video about all the re-shoots and changes to the movie.  There's a lot.  I hope they have all the scenes (old and new) when the DVD comes out.  I'd buy it just to see what the original movie was suppose to be like before the changes.

***And they confirmed (?) who the character Alfred is talking to(thumbsu

Which video did you watch? I watched two, and they pretty much repeated one another. To the point either both had the same source, or one watched the other's video. Of course, noted as rumors.

Spoiler

- Lex Luther, Deathstroke, Darkseid and Henry Allen have all been pulled

- Wonder Woman witnesses Steppenwulf attack Themyscira

- Third act completely redone

- Superman went to Batcave and spoke with Alfred

- Cyborg is who brings the team together

16 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Which video did you watch? I watched two, and they pretty much repeated one another. To the point either both had the same source, or one watched the other's video. Of course, noted as rumors.

(Spoilers here)

Yep, that one.  I would have liked to see the original ending instead of the re-shoot.  That would have been too "dark" I guess(shrug).

Again, not gonna panic yet but that budget must be ballooning.

31 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Yep, that one.  I would have liked to see the original ending instead of the re-shoot.  That would have been too "dark" I guess(shrug).

Again, not gonna panic yet but that budget must be ballooning.

I'm with you on wanting to see the original cut in addition to the reshoots. Especially what the final character appearance would look like.

Spoiler

main-qimg-3ef828ad143834b7f739949e911b5d

Shocking! :kidaround:

And with Mark Hughes from Forbes.com, at least you can count on he is engaged with real contacts at WB/DC.

'Justice League' Not In Turmoil, Reshoots Sticking To Zack Snyder's Plan

According to Forbes’ writer Mark Hughes, Whedon is still sticking to the plan laid out by Snyder.

On the Superhero News podcast, Hughes detailed what Whedon is overseeing on the shoot, debunking the rumor that they are filming an entirely different ending than what Snyder already shot.

“They haven’t said ‘oh, we need to add additional [photography] – we need to do a whole bunch more,’ or anything like that at this point, so, the footage and the amount of footage in the film, as of right now, the majority of the footage that you’re going to see on the screen is still the footage that was previously shot during principal photography.”

'Reshoots' or 'Additional Photography'?

Hughes went on to talk about what is being added, and much like the Wonder Woman reshoots from Patty Jenkins they’re only adding footage to clarify or streamline or flesh out certain scenes.

“They are doing… it’s not an insignificant… amount, it’s mostly new footage, the reshoots – and some people insist the terminology doesn’t matter and that “reshoots” is common [sic], well no, the terminology does matter to people that make movies and know what these things are, and it matters if you’re saying something’s a “reshoot” when it’s not a reshoot – that matters,” Hughes said.

“But to the extent that that’s just a technicality, the shoots and reshoots combined that are happening and then the also pickups to fill some stuff in is not going to be the majority of the film and it’s not going to be some huge vast portion of the movie.”

Enough Time?

“As of right now, despite the fact that there’s been some extended time and it’s like ‘ok, if this is still – why are they still doing shoots on this,’ there’s been a lot of downtime in between shooting because of people’s schedules – they have not been shooting this entire time. The amount of content that has been shot and is being shot is still pretty much what they expected and figured was going to be happening,” Hughes said.

Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, and Henry Cavill are all busy shooting other movies.

-------------------------

It sounds like Justice League isn’t the chaotic disaster some rumors would have you believe.

I am not rushing to any conclusion at this point. Remember when all the false news was coming out that WW had issues and people were assuming a train wreck? It turned out to just be rumors after all. I am thinking this will follow the same pattern.

I can understand the need for retakes/reshoots with a new director coming on to helm things. Whedon will have his own vision of what the tone he wants to set with the film. As we have seen, fans want happy endings with their superhero flick, so hopefully it is more Avengers 1 than Avengers AoU. :wishluck:

Edited by kimik

But there is this.

'Justice League' Photo Features Captain Cold Reference

DwJkzPY.png

Spotted in a new photo from the upcoming Justice League film is a reference to The Flash villain Captain Cold.

There is no word yet on how long Barry Allen has been The Flash by the time he encounters Bruce Wayne in Justice League. It appears, though, that he'll have been speeding through city streets to save lives long enough to have encountered one of his major villains.

Here is the larger scan.

Spoiler

justice-league-movie-images-flash-cave-h

Edited by Bosco685

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

But there is this.

'Justice League' Photo Features Captain Cold Reference

DwJkzPY.png

Here is the larger scan.

Hide contents

justice-league-movie-images-flash-cave-h

I was trying to quote the part about 'we don't know if or how many villains he's encountered prior to JL appearance."

Considering that on the trailer, he says something like, "uh, are we actually going to fight bad guys. Up until now I've only pushed people and ran, or something like that." Kind of invalidates any possibility of that, I would think.

9 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

I was trying to quote the part about 'we don't know if or how many villains he's encountered prior to JL appearance."

Considering that on the trailer, he says something like, "uh, are we actually going to fight bad guys. Up until now I've only pushed people and ran, or something like that." Kind of invalidates any possibility of that, I would think.

Not sure if it invalidates it, or demonstrates Barry has only had to take on low-level villains - not super-villains. So he hasn't been forced to expand his skills yet, like learning how to utilize the Speed Force to send lightning bolts or spinning his arms so fast he can send out small cyclones. I'm wondering with all the computers around him if he is also already utilizing his ability to take in information rapidly.

'Justice League' Rumored to Have Two Post-Credit Scenes

As with any major superhero movie that's part of a larger shared universe, there's question about what Justice League will tease fans with during the end credits. "Scoopster" aficionado Umberto Gonzalez of Heroic Hollywood just dropped a periscope update for fans, in which he claims that Justice League will have not one, but two post-credit scenes. No details about what the scenes will entail were given - but we have a few theories, which you can read below!

While most DC films have avoided following Marvel's blueprint, Suicide Squad broke the seal with a post-credits scene between Ben Affleck's Batman and Viola Davis' Amada Waller, meant to set up Justice League. With JL blowing the doors of the DCEU wide open, it only makes sense for the studio to use some post-credits moments to set up what comes next.

Will it be...

1) Meet Green Lantern

The Green Lantern Corps is teased in the Justice League trailer, when the villain Steppenwolf comes to Earth, proclaiming that the Earth is a perfect target, since there are "no Lanterns," and "no Kryptonians," on our planet. 

2) Darkseid Coming

With Joss Whedon onboard now, it's not a stretch to think that what worked so well for Avengers could also work for Justice League: i.e., teasing the cinematic universe's overarching "big bad" in a post-credits button scene. 

3) Superman Returns

Henry Cavill's Superman will be returning in Justice League, but there's speculation that he won't quite be himself when he first comes back from the dead. Whether that means coming back as an evil Bizarro version of himself, or simply being out of touch with this humanity - The Man Steel of Steel may need to soften his heart to truly reconnect with humanity.