• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

As much as I excited to see a new super hero movie come out this just strikes me as a DC hot mess. 

I see what you mean, but I'd like to think that Joss Whedon wouldn't have taken it on if he didn't think it would be good.

12 minutes ago, nearmint said:
2 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

As much as I excited to see a new super hero movie come out this just strikes me as a DC hot mess. 

I see what you mean, but I'd like to think that Joss Whedon wouldn't have taken it on if he didn't think it would be good.

Plus there is precedent for good results from these kinds of major reshoots.  The major recent example is Rogue One which had extensive reshoots and an almost entirely different ending than it originally had.

Whedon being involved makes me feel much better about the potential quality of the film.  Having said that, something about his interaction with Marvel went wrong on Age of Ultron, and that doesn't inspire me to believe he's necessarily a good clean-up guy.  We'll see, but Whedon is better than Snyder, so it's generally a net positive.

I absolutely LOVE 300 and I liked Man of Steel, but Snyder is all glitz, shaky on substance.  As long as a film looks good he doesn't seem to really know if it's actually an overall enjoyable, relatable film or not.

Edited by fantastic_four

47 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Plus there is precedent for good results from these kinds of major reshoots.  The major recent example is Rogue One which had extensive reshoots and an almost entirely different ending than it originally had.

Whedon being involved makes me feel much better about the potential quality of the film.  Having said that, something about his interaction with Marvel went wrong on Age of Ultron, and that doesn't inspire me to believe he's necessarily a good clean-up guy.  We'll see, but Whedon is better than Snyder, so it's generally a net positive.

I absolutely LOVE 300 and I liked Man of Steel, but Snyder is all glitz, shaky on substance.  As long as a film looks good he doesn't seem to really know if it's actually an overall enjoyable, relatable film or not.

Those were good,but I thought Watchmen was his best movie. Looking back at BvS I think the problems were the two villians Luthor and Doomsday underwhelmed.  For a movie to be great it needs a great villian. 

So will this Justice League movie have that great villian?

7 hours ago, nearmint said:

Well there is a lot to work with especially with the strength of the Wonder Woman release. Buttflelk as Batman is still a huge mistake and I get the sense that his relationship with the studio is like a bad marriage at this point.

It says something when people are more excited about who the next villain will be or if or when a spin off movie for Aquaman will be released when this hasn't even hit the theatre's yet.

Edited by Silver Surfer

I am pumped for this one - although, I generally prefer the darker tone of the DC movies versus the Marvel movies - so I understand why some Marvel fanboys have not liked the past DC films.  That being said I am also excited for the next Thor movie as well :) 

I haven't minded the darker tone, but I've found the editing and scripts to be pretty bad for the recent DC films save WW.  Good visuals, some great scenes, but poor writing and illogical character action.

I am going into JL with an open mind, though.  I liked WW and Joss Whedon is a fantastic writer in general.  Fingers crossed,

Dan

2 hours ago, Drummy said:

I haven't minded the darker tone, but I've found the editing and scripts to be pretty bad for the recent DC films save WW.  Good visuals, some great scenes, but poor writing and illogical character action.

I am going into JL with an open mind, though.  I liked WW and Joss Whedon is a fantastic writer in general.  Fingers crossed,

Dan

Valid.  I did not like Suicide Squad (found it clunky), I thought BvS (especially the Extended Version) was good (although Doomsday was disappointing and just too much in one film) and really liked Wonder Woman and Man of Steel.

I think JL will work out well ..... but have been wrong before (i.e., I thought Ryan Reynolds would make a great Hal Jordan (shrug))

Report: 'Justice League' Screener Attendees Call Film "Epic"

Warner Bros. has a few months left until Justice League debuts, and the studio has just started testing the film. Reports surfaced today that some very lucky fans got to attend a special screening of Joss Whedon’s Justice League cut. And, if Batman News heard right, then the film is said to be quite epic.

Over on Twitter, Batman News dug into the DCEU fandom to find a few of the film's attendees. The fans, who wished to remain anonymous, told the site they loved the film.

“Spoke to 3 people who attended the #JJustice League test screening. They loved it! "Epic". One person didn't like BvS/SS but loved JL,” Batman News revealed.

“We signed out lives away promising not to discuss any details of Justice League,” Robert Manion explained on Twitter. “Bragging that I saw it early is all you’ll get outta me!”

:wishluck:

5 hours ago, TeddieMercede said:

if this movie actually ends up good WB/DC probably should pay Whedon half the profits because this thing sure as hell looked like a  trainwreck with what we saw  before Snyder left. 

In what way? Maybe your definition of trainwreck is slightly less extensive than others.

Forbes break down for possible box office take is a wide range.  From, as the article states, a very optomistic 1.3 billion total box office to a pessimistic  $728 million, to finally a realistic mark around 1 billion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/09/20/justice-league-the-optimistic-box-office-prediction/#4aa1faf3630c

A couple other projections have the movie at $330 million domestic. Which given a similar domestic to foreign box office ratio as BvS would put the total in the 850 to 900 million range.

http://observer.com/2017/09/justice-league-box-office-prediction-batman-v-superman-details/

Let the speculation begin.

Edited by drotto

2 hours ago, drotto said:

Let the speculation begin

It won't beat Wonder Woman/Spiderman: Homecoming at the box office domestically or international. It will be a decent movie,but it won't do the box office sandwiched in between Thor:Ragnorak and the new Star Wars picture.

This disappointing box office to some will cause much debate in this thread for two months. lol.

So to clarify it will do decent box office,but fall shorter than BvS and Wonder Woman at the box office which will cause some critics to flame this thread. :smile:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

31 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It won't beat Wonder Woman/Spiderman: Homecoming at the box office domestically or international. It will be a decent movie,but it won't do the box office sandwiched in between Thor:Ragnorak and the new Star Wars picture.

This disappointing box office to some will cause much debate in this thread for two months. lol.

So to clarify it will do decent box office,but fall shorter than BvS and Wonder Woman at the box office which will cause some critics to flame this thread. :smile:

Right on point. (thumbsu