• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It won't beat Wonder Woman/Spiderman: Homecoming at the box office domestically or international. It will be a decent movie,but it won't do the box office sandwiched in between Thor:Ragnorak and the new Star Wars picture.

This disappointing box office to some will cause much debate in this thread for two months. lol.

So to clarify it will do decent box office,but fall shorter than BvS and Wonder Woman at the box office which will cause some critics to flame this thread. :smile:

I need to see the final trailer to gauge what this is going to look like before even attempting to guesstimate. But compared to the summer with a series of failed rollouts and standalone films, late in the year seems to be where the battle will take place.

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

anything less than Avengers $ is a failure. $1.5BB or bust

Not even the most optumistic projections have it anywhere near 1.5 bil.  If you think it must be that to be successful you will likely be dissapointed.  I think the movie will be viewed as successful as long as it is DC's top box office and in the area of 1 billion. I personally think around 900 million sounds right.

It is in a very tough realease slot.  Thor is 2 weeks before and will dominate for two weeks.  If it has any legs it will still be making money at week three.  Then those two movie have SW coming in 4 weeks, which is going to demolish everything. It will all depend on how much people are shopping and getting ready for the holidays as opposed to seeing movies.

Edited by drotto

28 minutes ago, drotto said:

Not even the most optumistic projections have it anywhere near 1.5 bil.  If you think it must be that to be successful you will likely be dissapointed.  I think the movie will be viewed as successful as long as it is DC's top box office and in the area of 1 billion. I personally think around 900 million sounds right.

THIS.

The days of 1.5 billion are over. The newness has worn off and audience only has to wait a few months to order the blu-ray or watch it on demand.

37 minutes ago, drotto said:

It is in a very tough realease slot.  Thor is 2 weeks before and will dominate for two weeks.  If it has any legs it will still be making money at week three.  Then those two movie have SW coming in 4 weeks, which is going to demolish everything. It will all depend on how much people are shopping and getting ready for the holidays as opposed to seeing movies.

Edited 23 minutes ago by drotto

The audience is very fickle. Justice League will win the first week,maybe the second than there will be a fast downward projection. It could be the greatest movie,but the tough release schedule will hurt it box officewise. It being in the middle of Thor and Star Wars is going to hurt. 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Most of the kids at work love comic book movies and can't wait to see Thor. They actually can't shut-up about it. lol 

Unfortunately, they all consider Justice League too "fakey-looking" and are going to pass. After seeing the preview I get it now too.

One major complaint of theirs was who was the villain, where Thor showcased his foes.

Mine was that it was too jokey, like Batman & Robin's.

It's nothing to do with DC snobbery as everyone loved Wonder Woman and The Dark Knight movies.

My top three comic book movies were DC and I have to admit I'm excited for a Wonder Woman 2,

...and GotG 3, Thor 3, ;) 

15 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

THIS.

The days of 1.5 billion are over. The newness has worn off and audience only has to wait a few months to order the blu-ray or watch it on demand.

I guess if a large superhero team movie must deliver at $1.5B or greater, was Cap3/Avengers 2.5 a bust at $1.15B worldwide?

I wouldn't think so, as like you clearly stated the 'uniqueness' to these mass team movies for now are not so new. Before the Avengers hit the market, you had films like X-Men, Fantastic Four and Mystery Men as the only big team movies. But with The Avengers, it was delivered so massively and spectacularly, there was nothing like it before. Kind of like how Batman (1989) was so unique for its time, it had a tremendous boost to the hobby more than most any other movie.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I guess if a large superhero team movie must deliver at $1.5B or greater, was Cap3/Avengers 2.5 a bust at $1.15B worldwide?

I wouldn't think so, as like you clearly stated the 'uniqueness' to these mass team movies for now are not so new. Before the Avengers hit the market, you had films like X-Men, Fantastic Four and Mystery Men as the only big team movies. But with The Avengers, it was delivered so massively and spectacularly, there was nothing like it before. Kind of like how Batman (1989) was so unique for its time, it had a tremendous boost to the hobby more than most any other movie.

I agree. It will do decent box office. I think this Justice League movie will build goodwill and possibly the second Justice League movie will be the big hit.  This Justice League movie will be in the top ten movies of 2017,so I will consider it a win. Unfortunately, we know that certain people will come into this thread and flame away pointing out how it didn't do 1.1 billion or more! lol.

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I agree. It will do decent box office. I think this Justice League movie will build goodwill and possibly the second Justice League movie will be the big hit.  This Justice League movie will be in the top ten movies of 2017,so I will consider it a win. Unfortunately, we know that certain people will come into this thread and flame away pointing out how it didn't do 1.1 billion or more! lol .

Exactly! The same that worry about how much WB spent on marketing on top of production, yet do not apply the same logic to the beloved MCU.

I still want to see that last Justice League trailer before even venturing a guess. But even then, it will also factor in all the hesitation due to reaction to BvS and Suicide Squad.

Here's When We Could See The Final JUSTICE LEAGUE Trailer

2h6fy1i.jpg

Yesterday evening, Warner Bros. held a presentation at the National Association of Theatre Owners Fall Summit. As we've already told you, DC Films boss Geoff Johns was on hand and he brought a brand new Justice League trailer with him! Detailed descriptions haven't been revealed as of yet but you have to believe this final sneak peek will be with us sooner rather than later. It could even be next week! 

Batman-News speculates that it will be attached to Blade Runner 2049 next Thursday seeing as that's being distributed by Warner Bros. With that in mind, it could be online either early next week or that very day (which coincidentally happens to also be the beginning of this year's New York Comic-Con). 

:whatthe:

:popcorn:

New 'Justice League' Trailer Confirmed for Sunday

A third Justice League trailer is officially arriving this Sunday, the final day of New York Comic Con 2017!

The upcoming trailer was confirmed in a tweet from the film's official Twitter account. In addition to the announcement of the trailer release date, we also got a series of new Justice League character posters.

Each of the posters highlights the logo of its respective superhero, with the notable absence of Superman. The Man of Steel's logo definitely appears in the poster heading, but the character himself does not get a one-sheet... at least not yet. With NYCC17 happening soon, the reveal of what Henry Cavill's resurrected Superman will look like in Justice League could definitely be coming, and the final character one-sheet along with him.

justice-league-aquaman-all-in-poster-102

1 hour ago, kimik said:

They should wait for the Superman reveal until the movie. No need to add him in at this point. They need to let the anticipation build a bit.

yes, there must be 3 people somewhere who don't think Superman is going to be in this movie