• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Agreed!

There are most probably big reveals tying into later movies like Green Lantern, Black Adam, Shazam or Man of Steel 2. It can't be Darkseid just yet, as there was some news early on from Whedon the first cut of this movie revealed too much too soon. So supposedly he yanked some appearance near the end.

hm

Or did he?

:ohnoez:

Thor released over 1 week earlier in some markets, so the spoilers where already out there.  That had Zero affect on the opening weekend numbers.  There are two types of people, those who hate spoilers and avoid them ( not really hard to do), and people who are interested enough in the film to watch spoilers because they can't wait and see what happens and see the film regardless.

Spoilers driving people away from a movie is very over rated.

I'll be curious to see how this all shakes out. Trailers look godawful to me, seemingly carrying over the hideous BvS aesthetic, but I suppose they'll still get my money eventually. 

11 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

WB actually listened to my complaint and did something about it:acclaim:hahahaha.

If the rumor is true...it's the right move...whatever outcome comes of it.

If it happens, dropping the embargo early means they realized the negative press it was creating across the board.

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I'll be curious to see how this all shakes out. Trailers look godawful to me, seemingly carrying over the hideous BvS aesthetic, but I suppose they'll still get my money eventually. 

You think the last trailer was God-awful? Which movies have you found the trailers to be the best if that is awful?

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

You think the last trailer was God-awful? Which movies have you found the trailers to be the best if that is awful?

Oh, they're all awful, so far. I just hate the look of the whole thing, from the CGI environments to the basic costume designs. Just an ugly, ugly lookin' movie. 

Social media embargo didn't lift today, but supposedly tomorrow.

We’ll Start Hearing The First Reactions To JUSTICE LEAGUE Tomorrow (11/10)

According to The Tracking Board's Jeff Sneider, the social media embargo on Justice League will break tomorrow morning at 9AM PST (insert rawkin' electric guitar riff here). Here he is saying as much, alongside a pinch of salt:

bWZC9om.png

So far, only a limited number of critics have actually seen Justice League, and - as the existence of an embargo suggests - have been unable to publicly share their reactions to the film. Tomorrow's embargo break will throw open the floodgates on those reactions, but official reviews will not begin running until (checks email for inexplicably specific embargo break time) 1:50 AM CST on November 15th.

:ohnoez::wishluck::ohnoez::wishluck::ohnoez: :wishluck:

16 hours ago, Callaway29 said:
18 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Oh, they're all awful, so far. I just hate the look of the whole thing, from the CGI environments to the basic costume designs. Just an ugly, ugly lookin' movie. 

Only outfit that really bothers me is Flash...looks like a Walmart Halloween costume

I agree I thought the trailer was not very good.

I think this looks like the biggest piece of garbage yet-- I can't get past the horrible bloated costumes that make it look like Superman and Batman shopped in the same store (same six pack design) and Wonder Woman's red matches Flash's red matches Superman's red.  It just looks like a colossal piece of trash.   Now I find out this is PART ONE??? I hope this is a huge bomb but it won't be.  Batman V Superman was one of the stupidest things I ever regretfully put down money for and it made boatloads of cash.  Put a superhero on the screen and the fanboys will blindly line up-- no need for story!

45 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

I think this looks like the biggest piece of garbage yet--

Glad they don't let you judge book covers:D.

I think we've gone to extremes in terms of expectations of movies.  If it doesn't hit $1 billion it's a failure.  If the CGI isn't perfect it sucks.  If all the red colors are the same it's garbagelol.  Go see the movie man.  Afterwards decide if it was worth the $10 and 2 hours of your life.  I expect it will(thumbsu.

Now about that embargo...still waiting(shrug)

What I got googling just now.

For clarification, no actual #JusticeLeagueJusticeLeague_JL.png reviews can go up today - print or video - social media embargo lifting means you can only tweet about the movie.

https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/status/929008878645338113

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Reading the tweets.   The movie is good not great ( seeming like a 60 to 70 on RT).  People are pointing out that the visuals overall are very good, but the CGI comes up short in some areas.  The plot is very thin, and Steppenwolf is so so at best.  Movie is uneven at times. On the plus side the tone is much lighter, is actually funny, and most importantly the characters ring true and interact very well.  Gal and Ezra are singled out for being great. It is coming across as a much more Marvel film, which may not sit well with some.

Just reading the tweet tea leaves.  Seems like Whedon may have saved this thing.  The biggest pluses being reported are character moments, comedy, and dialog.  Things that have always been his strong points, and not Snyder.  The Snyder visuals are strong and given due credit, but the weaknesses seem like things that would have been baked in very early in production.

I have gone from may see to will see, but still with reservations. 

Edited by drotto