• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2017 at 6:39 PM, Larryw7 said:

I predict Rotten Tomatoes score of around 50-60%, which is more mixed than negative. I think it will do fine with fans and the GA. This isn't going to be a dark, brooding affair. It may be even be a just by the numbers movie, but audiences don't care as long as they are entertained. You can look at some of the Marvel movies that offered nothing different and yet still did good box-office as evidence of that.

I predict middle all the way. Decent critics reviews and decent box office. I know some people will be disappointed that it won't be the number one box office of all-time,but really they shouldn't. 

18 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Rumor: *SPOILER* In Justice League Confirmed?

Reveal hidden contents

Green-Lantern-and-the-Justice-League.jpg

Rumors have long persisted multiple Lanterns will pop up in the ensemble piece, helping set the stage for the Green Lantern Corps. film that’s said to be in development. Recently, a promotional contest seemingly revealed Hal Jordan (or John Stewart, or one of the other Lanterns) is part of the group, but now we may have even more concrete evidence a Green Lantern is part of the League.

Twitter user FIONA IS ALL IN! was one of the many who attended a special event that was put together for the Chinese leg of the Justice League promotional tour. It involved a screening of 30 minutes from the finished movie, and apparently there was a surprise in what was included:

p8Weuws.png

This makes me intrigued much more now. hm

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I predict middle all the way. Decent critics reviews and decent box office. I know some people will be disappointed that it won't be the number one box office of all-time,but really they shouldn't. 

There is no way this has a shot at #1 box office all time. As much as I will likely enjoy the film, I don't think it will hit the $1B mark either. The Empire Strikes Back Redux, err......Last Jedi, will make sure of that. I doubt they would have hit that mark yet even with a different release date. If the movie is a hit I can see the second one challenging the $1B threshold. Realistically, there are only three hero franchises that likely can top the $1B mark at the present time - Avengers, Batman and Iron Man. 

26 minutes ago, kimik said:

There is no way this has a shot at #1 box office all time. As much as I will likely enjoy the film, I don't think it will hit the $1B mark either. The Empire Strikes Back Redux, err......Last Jedi, will make sure of that. I doubt they would have hit that mark yet even with a different release date. If the movie is a hit I can see the second one challenging the $1B threshold. Realistically, there are only three hero franchises that likely can top the $1B mark at the present time - Avengers, Batman and Iron Man. 

I will be happy with a good 600 million box office and 80%+ at Rotten Tomatoes range,but we both know there will be people coming to this thread that will point out what a failure that is. 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

'Justice League' Trailer Tops YouTube Trailer Views For 2017 So Far

The film now boasts the highest amount of trailer views on Youtube for 2017, overtaking its main superhero competition Thor: Ragnarok. According to Box Office Report, Justice League has amassed 105.009 million views on the video platform, a total that is calculated up until the Saturday before release.

That beats out other 2017 heavyweights like Thor: Ragnarok (96.560 million), Spider-Man: Homecoming (93.870 million), Star Wars: The Last Jedi (85.349 million), Wonder Woman (84.205), and Beauty and the Beast (80.077 million).

It's reaction videos like this that give me hope there are more fans of this film than folks assume.

Although if you want to take that to the extreme...

Guess it's more than nice posters. Time will tell.

:smile:

6 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I will be happy with a good 600 million box office and 80%+ at Rotten Tomatoes range,but we both know there will be people coming to this thread that will point out what a failure that is. 

They are already starting to post. lol 

It will do more than $600 million worldwide. My guess is that it hits someplace in the $800 - $900 million range. If this one does well at the box office I can see Part 2 making a run at the $1B mark next year.

2 hours ago, kimik said:

They are already starting to post. lol 

It will do more than $600 million worldwide. My guess is that it hits someplace in the $800 - $900 million range. If this one does well at the box office I can see Part 2 making a run at the $1B mark next year.

$600MM WW would be an unmitigated disaster, that's a hurdle a snail could soar over.   if by next year you mean 2020 (thumbsu

I do not have an answer to this question, but will put it out there.  Does Thor's better than projected opening, good critical reception, and apparently good word of mouth, help or hurt JL when it releases in two weeks?  Maybe it has no effect?

12 minutes ago, drotto said:

I do not have an answer to this question, but will put it out there.  Does Thor's better than projected opening, good critical reception, and apparently good word of mouth, help or hurt JL when it releases in two weeks?  Maybe it has no effect?

I don't think Thor: Ragnarok has any impact on Justice League. Other than keeping movie-goers fired up over superhero movies after an incredible year of back-to-back hits.

But it's not like people only have enough for one movie, and had to pick just a single film. Folks will see what they want, no matter the timing or reasonable expense.

23 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think it's going to do more than $600 million WW maybe end close to a Billion or go over $1 Billion milestones. we also got to remember Wonder Woman made a lot of more people excited for JL. some of my co-works that didn't see WW when it was out in theaters just saw it and their excitement for JL is high., even more, a lot of people want to see WW again and see where they're going take the character next. plus we know they are showing the movie already to critics and movie reviewers if their reaction is the same we can see them release the social media embargo. 

8 minutes ago, kagenish said:

I think it's going to do more than $600 million WW maybe end close to a Billion or go over $1 Billion milestones. we also got to remember Wonder Woman made a lot of more people excited for JL. some of my co-works that didn't see WW when it was out in theaters just saw it and their excitement for JL is high., even more, a lot of people want to see WW again and see where they're going take the character next. plus we know they are showing the movie already to critics and movie reviewers if their reaction is the same we can see them release the social media embargo. 

Wonder Woman has now earned $821.75 million worldwide,so yeah I am considering 600 million a decent haul JLA. Most likely will do higher in the 700 million range. I think what will hurt the JLA box office the most will be the domestic haul. 

Good article here.

Box Office: 'Justice League' May Not Top 'Wonder Woman,' And That's Okay.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/03/why-i-hope-justice-league-fails-to-top-wonder-woman-at-the-domestic-box-office/#1718e2c5d6b6

it's frankly a long shot at this point that the Zack Snyder/Joss Whedon superhero sequel will earn above $400m in North America. Heck, unless reviews are unexpectedly strong (no, I haven't seen it yet), it's a coin toss as to whether the film will make more in North America than It ($324.8m thus far, sans 3D), although that says more about It than it does about Justice League. 

35 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Wonder Woman has now earned $821.75 million worldwide,so yeah I am considering 600 million a decent haul JLA. Most likely will do higher in the 700 million range. I think what will hurt the JLA box office the most will be the domestic haul. 

Good article here.

Box Office: 'Justice League' May Not Top 'Wonder Woman,' And That's Okay.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/03/why-i-hope-justice-league-fails-to-top-wonder-woman-at-the-domestic-box-office/#1718e2c5d6b6

it's frankly a long shot at this point that the Zack Snyder/Joss Whedon superhero sequel will earn above $400m in North America. Heck, unless reviews are unexpectedly strong (no, I haven't seen it yet), it's a coin toss as to whether the film will make more in North America than It ($324.8m thus far, sans 3D), although that says more about It than it does about Justice League. 

So the fellow that was totally against Spider-Man: Homecoming that also totally missed the mark on its box office results makes sense now when posting about Justice League? Fantastic!

:baiting:

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

So the fellow that was totally against Spider-Man: Homecoming that also totally missed the mark on its box office results makes sense now when posting about Justice League? Fantastic!

:baiting:

He makes a good argument though about Wonder Woman and domestic take. WW did 412 million domestic. That's is very hard to do nowadays with the changing climate with streaming. I would be surprised Thor would do 400 million domestic, and there is no way JLA beats THOR domestically. So that's why I am going for world wide 600-700 million. It will a be a decent take, but like I said there will be people disappointed fans with that, and cry failure. They shouldn't.

I already had a few friendly pms saying I will be way off and Justice League will do over 1 billion and challenge the Avengers/Star Wars box office. lol

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

11 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I already had a few friendly pms saying I will be way off and Justice League will do over 1 billion and challenge the Avengers/Star Wars box office. lol

Like has been discussed on here before, the perfect storm that was 'The Avengers' had a situation where no other Big Team superhero movie had occurred like it before. So it was so unique, people were blown away and made multiple visits to the theater to see this film leading to the massive results.

It will be rare for any superhero movie to match this again due to the steady stream of superhero movies now. Even the Mighty MCU came close to the original results, and still didn't break the barrier with Age of Ultron. Though with all roads leading to Infinity Gauntlet through the entire MCU Universe, I wonder if that is what will break the barrier x 2.

Edited by Bosco685

I think 'Infinity War' is the only movie out there that could hit something like 1.5 billion in this genre.  That movie has lots of suspense built up behind it, promises to bring 10 years of storytelling to some kind of conclusion, and has Marvel's most incredible team (Russo brothers directing, Markus and McFeely writing, etc.) working on it.  Word of mouth might be incredible...but even then the more somber tone of the film may keep it from 'Avengers' numbers.  That movie had four or five films behind it, was the first team movie, and had a fantastic combination of humor, action, and character.

Trying not to be too hyped about it, actually.

I see both JLA and Ragnarok somewhere in the 700-800 million range all told when the smoke clears.

Dan