• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

Anyone have a appearance list of Duke Thomas...is Batman 21 the true 1st or B&R Futures End.

It's Batman # 21

would We Are Robin 1 variant be considered the 1st appearance of him in a Robin costume....not sure that costume will be the one he wears later on.

No, this issue will be the 1st real appearance. We are Robin is more a group of "Robins".

At least that's what I've been told when I tried to make that same argument.

Well people tend to go overboard when speculating on 1st appearances of costumes on covers...it could be a 3rd printing and he doesn't even have to be inside the comic for the value to go up. Guess we'll see when Batman 50 comes out.

Heres what I see

Batman # 50

Batman

1. Return of Bruce Wayne

2. First appearance of Bats, ( new old batman )

3. Batman new Bat Suit

Robin

1. First Appearance of Duke Thomas as Robin

2. New Robin Suit

all for a measly $5.99 lol

No.

Duke doesn't appear in a Robin suit.

Sorry.

So then there's nothing new in #50 for robin?

On Duke Thomas we just have his first appearance in Batman Vol 2 # 21 so far.

sure he's in it.

he's part of the action.

he assists batman like a sidekick.

batman has a "proposal" for him.

he's just NOT in a robin costume

Anyone have a appearance list of Duke Thomas...is Batman 21 the true 1st or B&R Futures End.

It's Batman # 21

would We Are Robin 1 variant be considered the 1st appearance of him in a Robin costume....not sure that costume will be the one he wears later on.

No, this issue will be the 1st real appearance. We are Robin is more a group of "Robins".

I think this is a pretty good argument and the book is certainly starting to move. The same people who were interested in Captain Marvel #17 will be interested in this imo. (shrug)

We are Robin variant #1

It's Batman # 21

I think this is a pretty good argument and the book is certainly starting to move. The same people who were interested in Captain Marvel #17 will be interested in this imo. (shrug)

We are Robin variant #1

If that's the official Duke Thomas Robin costume....... :fear:

Edited by lightninglad

It's Batman # 21

We are Robin variant #1

Batman doesn't wear his original costume either... :D

It's Batman # 21

We are Robin variant #1

I liked him better when he was called Static. Jaiden Smith is gonna be so pissed.........

It's Batman # 21

We are Robin variant #1

I liked him better when he was called Static. Jaiden Smith is gonna be so pissed.........

:roflmao:

It's Batman # 21

We are Robin variant #1

$12 for a 1:25 variant? It sold for more than that when it came out.

It's Batman # 21

We are Robin variant #1

$12 for a 1:25 variant? It sold for more than that when it came out.

Look a little deeper. Btw, these were $5 2 months ago.

It's Batman # 21

:gossip:

C2830848-9331-46B5-A941-D4B0C4A5E0D2_zpsg7aiqhts.jpg

I guess I need to find a dateline for all these issues with Duke in a Robin suit of which came first...not that dates have ever mattered much it's the rabid fans/speculators that cause the price increases.

Sure hope so....Im in for the next two issues either way unless we get bat quinn or harley gwen (couldn't resist)

I am looking forward to black panthers new book and was eyeing the alex ross 1:75 but hearing it has 300k+ orders idk if it will be to hard to find does anyone think it will be going for $75 or more 2 weeks after release?