• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Hmm.. How do  i check who the artist is?  I'm going to frame this and put it on the wall a few months.  Love it.

Should be a checklist of covers somewhere inside near the front, or back cover.

I'm gonna throw this one out just because of the comic cover collecting market.  Also, with Edge of Venomverse coming soon this might be one to keep a lookout for.  Not HTF by any means either.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Collectibles/1/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=new avengers 35&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

New_Avengers_Vol_1_35.jpg

On 5/31/2017 at 5:05 PM, Aweandlorder said:

This book is SELLING on the bay. And can you blame the buyers?

Batman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #6 1:10 variant

Final issue...

At and avg est sales of 20-22k per issue, the print run on this should be in the low thousands

Winning Batgril cover should make this book timeless

s-l1600.jpg

just sayin :whistle:

3 hours ago, gradejunky said:

I'm gonna throw this one out just because of the comic cover collecting market.  Also, with Edge of Venomverse coming soon this might be one to keep a lookout for.  Not HTF by any means either.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Collectibles/1/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=new avengers 35&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Been selling that on these boards for over a year. Probably sold over 10. 

Edited by ygogolak

21 hours ago, gradejunky said:

That's been a $10 book in my boxes for a year or so along with the sticker "This NEVER happens inside!"

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

That's been a $10 book in my boxes for a year or so along with the sticker "This NEVER happens inside!"

A whole bunch of symbiote heroes do show up in last panel of issue, but nothing of note.  However, in issue #36 the whole book is filled with venom and carnage "infected?" heroes.  That one doesn't have the "cool" cover though I guess.

1 hour ago, gradejunky said:

A whole bunch of symbiote heroes do show up in last panel of issue, but nothing of note.  However, in issue #36 the whole book is filled with venom and carnage "infected?" heroes.  That one doesn't have the "cool" cover though I guess.

I wasn't aware of that. Maybe I can sell them as a set for $15!!

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

5 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Sean "Cheeks" Galloway. Never heard of him.

He is going to be at Heroes Con next weekend. I have one of the Batman/TMNT Adventures 6 variants that he did going to get signed.

Edited by kevhtx

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Dang lucky, is he a new artist?

I guess so. I had never heard of him. Saw him on the list and had remembered seeing his name that he did the cover so I added to my books that I sent to get signed.

There are some great names there for some books that could get hot (some are already warm). I sent that one along with the following. Hope they all get done.

Seven to Eternity #1 FCBD for Andrew Robinson (I absolutely love this series.)

Namwolf #1 Eric Powell Variant for Eric Powell, Fabian Rangel Jr., Logan Faeber (wish I had the C2E2 black and white version!)

Plastic #1 for Doug Wagner, Laura Martin, Andrew Robinson (not sure about this series, I haven't read it yet, but about to. Sounds interesting and reviews were good.)

Plastic #1 April Fools Day Variant for Doug Wagner, Laura Martin, Andrew Robinson

Redline #1 for Neal Holman, Kelly Fitzpatrick (Funny stuff. Writer from Archer.)

Old Man Logan #23 for Bill Sienkiewicz (Warm/hot cover lately. Meh, not my cup of tea and will probably sell it if its selling well.)

Rogue One #1 Dodson Variant for Terry Dodson (I really love this cover. Don't really like any of the other Rogue one covers)

Southern Bas trd’s #1 Heroes Con Variant for Jason Aaron, Jason Latour, Chris Brunner (I keep hearing FX has a series in the works, but saw that all three of these guys were going to be there and this is the most rare of that series) 

I may send some books for Donny Cates, but not sure yet. Ill have to send tomorrow to make it in time. I have some God Country books and some Redneck books. Anyone hear any heat about Misfit City #1?? Got good reviews, but haven't seen any movement so far. I have the regular B cover and the variant Goonies cover.

Edited by kevhtx