• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

What's the deal with this What If The Other and how is it possibly connected to Gwenom? I bought one for $8 just because, but don't know the scoop.

Have you read it?

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

:facepalm:

I don't read new books, so I figured I wouldn't understand it anyway. I've never read a Spider-Gwen comic, I just know Gwenom is coming as Latour & Renzi are pimping it pretty hard on social media. I really just want to know if I should sell now or later. Or just keep penalizing me for acting like a new guy. It doesn't really matter because I have Image newwstands now so I'm going to be rich anyway. :jokealert:

Any of these a chance of heating up a little over the next 1-5 years?

The Eternals #7 1977

Battlestar Gallactica #1 1978

The New Mutants #1 1983

New Mutants #100 1991

Icon #1 1993

Iceman #1 1984

Uncanny Xmen #317 1994

Xforce #8 1992

The New Mutants #99 1991

New Mutants #66 1988

Xfactor #17 1987

Xfactor #8 1986

The Eternals #9  1976

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I don't read new books, so I figured I wouldn't understand it anyway. I've never read a Spider-Gwen comic, I just know Gwenom is coming as Latour & Renzi are pimping it pretty hard on social media. I really just want to know if I should sell now or later. Or just keep penalizing me for acting like a new guy. It doesn't really matter because I have Image newwstands now so I'm going to be rich anyway. :jokealert:

lol

Its a pretty cool story really. It imagines if Parker dies / looses power and strength and the Venom symbiote reincarnates him as Venom. He tries to get Mary Jane to become a Venom and she says no. Then there is basically two panels that insinuate Gwen Stacy was dug up from her grave and it ends there.

45 minutes ago, Wolverine3 said:

Any of these a chance of heating up a little over the next 1-5 years?

The Eternals #7 1977

Battlestar Gallactica #1 1978

The New Mutants #1 1983

New Mutants #100 1991

Icon #1 1993

Iceman #1 1984

Uncanny Xmen #317 1994

Xforce #8 1992

The New Mutants #99 1991

New Mutants #66 1988

Xfactor #17 1987

Xfactor #8 1986

The Eternals #9  1976

Yes and no, distribute as you see fit. This list is really lacking in Robotech I will say.

Just now, Wolverine3 said:

Your all over it now aren't you? Lol. 

It's sad but i've probably put in around 40hrs of research into Robotech. 

As an outsider, one glaring difference is that maybe 1/10 of the people know what Robotech is compared to Transformers.

10 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

As an outsider, one glaring difference is that maybe 1/10 of the people know what Robotech is compared to Transformers.

Very true but In time Robotech will absorb the majority of the Transformers fans. Transformers have come the end of there time. There is nothing left for them  

Robotech will be heavily advertised and built up when the time is right. They feel they can make it global not just America UK they will engage Europe and Asia even Australia will jump on board as we follow anything the yanks do!

You name it and Robotech will have it as a branch of there franchise. The comics are somewhat of a start. 

6 minutes ago, Wolverine3 said:

Very true but In time Robotech will absorb the majority of the Transformers fans. Transformers have come the end of there time. There is nothing left for them  

Robotech will be heavily advertised and built up when the time is right. They feel they can make it global not just America UK they will engage Europe and Asia even Australia will jump on board as we follow anything the yanks do!

You name it and Robotech will have it as a branch of there franchise. The comics are somewhat of a start. 

Just like Spider-Man and Batman, right?

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Just like Spider-Man and Batman, right?

Obviously no comparison. 

Robotech will gain momentum fast. There is an oppurtunity to take over that genre and they know it. They stuffed up in the late 80's early 90's and now they can make amends and go about it properly with not much competition. Transformers is cooling off star wars has fizzled. 

From a comic collecting, flipping, investment purpose i would rather own copies now when no one wants them than be chasing them when everyone wants them.

4 minutes ago, Wolverine3 said:

Obviously no comparison. 

Robotech will gain momentum fast. There is an oppurtunity to take over that genre and they know it. They stuffed up in the late 80's early 90's and now they can make amends and go about it properly with not much competition. Transformers is cooling off star wars has fizzled. 

From a comic collecting, flipping, investment purpose i would rather own copies now when no one wants them than be chasing them when everyone wants them.

Wait, Star Wars fizzled? The largest single ordered issue of 2015 has fizzled?

Edited by ygogolak