• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, bcphillips119 said:

Jimmy's Bastards?!?  Worth it?

It was a fun 1st issue. Nothing groundbreaking but it is Ennis and I love Ennis. Hitman, Preacher, Punisher, you name it, and he never disappoints. On the other hand,  Preacher is the only book that he wrote that I can remember being a secondary market winner. The odds are against this being a great spec book but it seems like a no brained to put on the read pile.

The new Robotech series.......Regular cover A is an "Artgerm" Lau.  Plus, there is a blank to boot that I suspect nobody ordered either.  Written by Brian Wood.  If they do the series some serious justice, this series is ripe for selling to the nostalgic following of this Universe.  Robotech is a hard sell with the really common series' that have proceeded this, but maybe this breaks out.  It is also a Titan Book which has shown some promise with other video game/vintage type licenses that have done well even long term.  Dark Souls cover A's come to mind immediately. The 1st mini that is.  Just my 2c in this market right now.....

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Meh, pass. It's already been announced and it's not even selling for $10.

It has not been announced, it was only speculated. Everyone will find out in a few weeks. But some got early screening already ;)

2 minutes ago, johnnymu said:

Didnt see this but her first name isn't michelle 

Yup, just a place holder name for casting and development. Very common in movies. Not sure why there were so many people thinking she would be Silk.

Just now, ygogolak said:

Yup, just a place holder name for casting and development. Very common in movies. Not sure why there were so many people thinking she would be Silk.

Well michelle is middle name, if you Google 1st appearance it don't exist for michelle. But anyways I'll leave it as that. 

6 hours ago, johnnymu said:

It has not been announced, it was only speculated. Everyone will find out in a few weeks. But some got early screening already ;)

Homecoming relevant books from all ages have not been doing well...and that is in regards to far more important and prominent characters than whoever appears in Identity Disc 1. 

On 6/8/2017 at 7:53 PM, kevhtx said:

There are some great names there for some books that could get hot (some are already warm). I sent that one along with the following. Hope they all get done.

Seven to Eternity #1 FCBD for Andrew Robinson (I absolutely love this series.)

Namwolf #1 Eric Powell Variant for Eric Powell, Fabian Rangel Jr., Logan Faeber (wish I had the C2E2 black and white version!)

Plastic #1 for Doug Wagner, Laura Martin, Andrew Robinson (not sure about this series, I haven't read it yet, but about to. Sounds interesting and reviews were good.)

Plastic #1 April Fools Day Variant for Doug Wagner, Laura Martin, Andrew Robinson

Redline #1 for Neal Holman, Kelly Fitzpatrick (Funny stuff. Writer from Archer.)

Old Man Logan #23 for Bill Sienkiewicz (Warm/hot cover lately. Meh, not my cup of tea and will probably sell it if its selling well.)

Rogue One #1 Dodson Variant for Terry Dodson (I really love this cover. Don't really like any of the other Rogue one covers)

Southern Bas trd’s #1 Heroes Con Variant for Jason Aaron, Jason Latour, Chris Brunner (I keep hearing FX has a series in the works, but saw that all three of these guys were going to be there and this is the most rare of that series) 

I may send some books for Donny Cates, but not sure yet. Ill have to send tomorrow to make it in time. I have some God Country books and some Redneck books. Anyone hear any heat about Misfit City #1?? Got good reviews, but haven't seen any movement so far. I have the regular B cover and the variant Goonies cover.

I really like Plastic.

Patrick

On 6/22/2017 at 8:16 AM, bcphillips119 said:

Jimmy's Bastards?!?  Worth it?

It was meh for me.  Won't buy any additional issues.

On 6/8/2017 at 9:53 PM, kevhtx said:

There are some great names there for some books that could get hot (some are already warm). I sent that one along with the following. Hope they all get done.

Seven to Eternity #1 FCBD for Andrew Robinson (I absolutely love this series.)

Namwolf #1 Eric Powell Variant for Eric Powell, Fabian Rangel Jr., Logan Faeber (wish I had the C2E2 black and white version!)

Plastic #1 for Doug Wagner, Laura Martin, Andrew Robinson (not sure about this series, I haven't read it yet, but about to. Sounds interesting and reviews were good.)

Plastic #1 April Fools Day Variant for Doug Wagner, Laura Martin, Andrew Robinson

Redline #1 for Neal Holman, Kelly Fitzpatrick (Funny stuff. Writer from Archer.)

Old Man Logan #23 for Bill Sienkiewicz (Warm/hot cover lately. Meh, not my cup of tea and will probably sell it if its selling well.)

Rogue One #1 Dodson Variant for Terry Dodson (I really love this cover. Don't really like any of the other Rogue one covers)

Southern Bas trd’s #1 Heroes Con Variant for Jason Aaron, Jason Latour, Chris Brunner (I keep hearing FX has a series in the works, but saw that all three of these guys were going to be there and this is the most rare of that series) 

I may send some books for Donny Cates, but not sure yet. Ill have to send tomorrow to make it in time. I have some God Country books and some Redneck books. Anyone hear any heat about Misfit City #1?? Got good reviews, but haven't seen any movement so far. I have the regular B cover and the variant Goonies cover.

I saw the southern bas trds heroes con variant graded at 9.4 for like 45 bucks...but I never know if what I'm looking at is a good price or me getting ripped off...

Robotech will be huge. Trust me it will be epic! They are going to make it into a monumental franchise but at the moment biding there time. Wait untill Transformers fizzes out which it almost already has. In terms of comic speculation theres is 8 Robotech #1 2017 retail issue variants seven 1:1 one 1:10 There are also going to be lots more including one i have pre ordered a 100 copy only variant which will make it the rarest copy to obtain. This franchise will surpass transformers and rival some of the greatest animated turned live action movie/franchise ever. I have done so much research into this that i just can't wait untill the whole thing is rolling! Im in Australia so i cant do this but if i was anyone that reads this post and can get to San Diego Titan have a booth #5537. Get there and grab the convention only variant by Rachel Stott also grab the blue line veritech sketch by Tommy Yune he will signing from 1pm Sat the 22nd. 

You can thank me by grabbing me those two Variants and a signature while your at it. I'll pay for comic purchase and shipping to Aus.