• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of 2015: The Votes are in

258 posts in this topic

Spiderman #140 - cover - a dream come true to own a bronze age Spidey cover

159849.jpg

This is the cover on the first Spidey book I read - I was 5 years old (worship)

Congrats! - This will probably get my vote for cover of the year 2015, can't think of anything that could be better hm(thumbs u

PS. Took a long time, but finally I found a CGC 9.8 WP book with perfect centering and alignment:

photo RADBA64020131021_143559_zpsgm1rb9xh.jpg

Best of 2015: Post your selections starts in just a few days.

Bill is working to get the Lowry setup for the Best of 2015. I will post when it is ready for you to post your entries. Currently you can post in the Lowry but Best of 2015 option and its categories are not live.

Here are the rules and information on Best of 2015. No not add any images to Lowry until after I post the Best of 2015 is ready. If you do the Best of 2015 option will not be present and you would have to repose when it officially opens for entries.

Below is instructions on how to upload images and descriptions for the entries. We have set aside a week for people to upload their stuff and then voting will begin.

Best of 2015 Published and Unpublished (happens at the same time)

You will have up to 5 entries and they can be in any of the 7 categories:

Published Covers (Unpublished covers as well)

Published Splashes, Pin-Ups

Published Interior Panel pages

Published Strip Art

Published/Unpublished Commissions (work artist drawn outside of conventions)

Unpublished Convention Sketches

Published/Unpublished Other (all Published/Unpublished material which doesn’t fall into the other 6 categories (drawings, prelims, Style Guides, Rock Poster art, illustrations. etc.))

Posting Entries Begins: Saturday January 9th

Posting Ends: Jan 17 11:59PM (Sunday)

Best Published Acquisions of 2015.

This theme lists each participating member's best acquisition of 2015 that has appeared or is/was scheduled to appear or created to appear in a comic book or comic book related publication. This category includes all published material, unpublished covers, and similar items.

Best Unpublished Acquisions of 2015.

This theme lists each participating member's best acquisition of 2015 that has not appeared and is not scheduled to appear in a comic book or comic book related publication. This category includes all unpublished material (except unpublished covers and pages), drawings, prelims, Style Guides. sketches commissions ect.

Procedure for adding entries:

1) Goto http://www.comicartfans.com/Login.asp

2) Select Login then Admin/Edit User Profile

3) Select the "Comicart-L Member" option (you will need this option turned on to upload entries to the Lowry)

2) Select Manage/Manage Galleries Preferences

3) Select Your Lowry and add pieces (if you have not used the Lowry before)

4) Click the 'View/Add Pieces' link and then click the 'Add New

Artwork' link.

5) Add a piece as you usually do to the caf but there is an additional field "Best of 2015"

6) Please include the artists names (both penciler and inker if it applies)

7) There are 6 categories to chose from:

Published Covers (Unpublished covers as well)

Published Splashes, Pin-Ups

Published Interior Panel pages

Published Strip Art

Published/Unpublished Commissions (work artist drawn outside of conventions)

Unpublished Convention Sketches (artwork drawn at conventions)

Published/Unpublished Other (all Published/Unpublished material which doesn’t fall into the other 6 categories (drawings, prelims, Style Guides, Rock Poster art, illustrations. etc.))

8) Select Active

Voting starts Monday January 18th (Monday)

Voting end January 24th (Sunday)

In everyone's CAF there is a yellow section in the lower left there is a "Art by Year" section. It breaks down when pieces are posted by year.

I will post instruction on where and how to go about voting for the Best of before voting day.

If there are any problems in uploading images please e-mail Bill (bill@cox-consulting.com) and any questions on artwork, categories or what can be uploaded please direct to me.

Look forward to alot of great artwork.

Be seeing you,

Brian Peck

A bit of a silly question, but I'm not sure in which category I should enter my Green Arrow page. Should it be in the splashes category since the top image spreads over 2 pages, or in the interior panel pages category since more than half of the page is made by individual panels in the lower part?

qa4vm929_1103151310111.jpg

A bit of a silly question, but I'm not sure in which category I should enter my Green Arrow page. Should it be in the splashes category since the top image spreads over 2 pages, or in the interior panel pages category since more than half of the page is made by individual panels in the lower part?

qa4vm929_1103151310111.jpg

I would put it in the interior panel pages category. It is a great page!

John B.

This will be debated forever.

Taking a cue from the layout/publishing world - my definition of splash is only "the page one splash" (which may or may not be the title page as well). You've got the cover, it caught your attention. You open to page 1...SPLASH (basically a second cover as far as pulling the customer in goes).

Everything else is either a dps (double-page spread, any number of panels) or panel page (even if it's only one panel).

All the rest (interior splash, half splash, splashy, etc) is hype that OA pitchmen have juggled about to grease a bit more money out of collectors. See it for what it is ;)

Every year I want to post some stuff and the time gets away from me, perhaps this will force me to get it together for a few mins and post my acquisitions.

My picks would be:

1. Marvel Feature #4 (I've been representing Frank's original art originals and this was my grail for a Thorne. It shines even brighter knowing the fantastic person Frank is.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1217796

2. Amazing Spider-Man #317 (Not everyone is a fan of Todd's work but you have to admit this is a really fun cover)

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1217603

3. Daredevil #10 (Paolo has a cool eye for original looking layouts, but this is to another level)

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1217546

4. Strange Tales II #1 (Really love Rafael's stuff and am excited to get what I think is his best work, it's nice to see along with his film work he's going to get back into drawing again)

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1280078

5. Logan's Run #6 or Norman Lindsay (Running out of picks… As a kid I loved Gulacy's MOKF and Sci-fi so this was a great mix for me. But the Lindsay even thought it's not comic is one of the finest examples of his pen & ink)

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1280202

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1221127

We'll that's it, like I said I hope this will make me sit myself down and get this stuff listed, as I think we should share our collations, not to brag but for the enjoyment of all, that is why we are all doing this after all.

Zaddick

This will be debated forever.

Taking a cue from the layout/publishing world - my definition of splash is only "the page one splash" (which may or may not be the title page as well). You've got the cover, it caught your attention. You open to page 1...SPLASH (basically a second cover as far as pulling the customer in goes).

Everything else is either a dps (double-page spread, any number of panels) or panel page (even if it's only one panel).

All the rest (interior splash, half splash, splashy, etc) is hype that OA pitchmen have juggled about to grease a bit more money out of collectors. See it for what it is ;)

I agree.