• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of 2015: The Votes are in

258 posts in this topic

My lowry is up and ready for the voting. 2015 was a lean year for my buying. Most stuff went for a lot more than I was willing to pay...

my lowry

That one amazing splash page is worth a year's worth of being outbid on other stuff Greg!!!

Looks like fun - how does voting work?

Voting will start next week after entries are closed. I will post instructions about voting.

Thanks Brian! Safe to assume that you can still vote if you don't submit entries?

You don't have to enter to vote, but its highly encouraged!!!!!

I suppose I should look into participating in the future. Problem is, I don’t post a lot of what I buy. Does the art have to be posted to CAF in 2015? Bought in 2015? Both? I will go an look for the rules again – I presume they are posted somewhere on CAF?

And mine: http://www.comicartfans.com/mylowry.asp?gsub=43

Kept it contained to comic/illustration art this time. My usual sandbox is much bigger but for 2015 I specifically decided to take down a few big pieces before (mostly) retiring from overpriced (imo) comic art. The deals with legs...are elsewhere.

Spidey in a comic-book store, cool!

After a particularly strong 2014 year, 2015 had it's ups and downs for me. Started off strong but as I got married at the end of the year, it had it's expected slow down, and I spent the year picking up art working within a fairly tight budget. That being said, I'm still pretty thrilled with what I was able to get and add to the collection. Here are my entries for 2015:

My 2015 Lowry

Looks like fun - how does voting work?

Voting will start next week after entries are closed. I will post instructions about voting.

Thanks Brian! Safe to assume that you can still vote if you don't submit entries?

You don't have to enter to vote, but its highly encouraged!!!!!

I suppose I should look into participating in the future. Problem is, I don’t post a lot of what I buy. Does the art have to be posted to CAF in 2015? Bought in 2015? Both? I will go an look for the rules again – I presume they are posted somewhere on CAF?

Art doesnt have to be posted but it does have to be purchased in 2015.

Am I the slow kid in class? I read the instructions on the lowry page but despite following them and making sure 'comicart-l member' was ticked, I don't have a 'my lowry' link in admin tools

Admin Tools at Comicartfans.com

Manage Your Gallery Preferences

Manage Your Galleries

Your Premium Dashboard

CAF Mailbox

Promote Your eBay Auctions!

Edit Profile

Edit Premium Preferences

Edit Your Avatar

Log Out

Log Out

2014 was a great rookie year for me collecting Original Comic Art. I scored a grail piece, a Strangers in paradise cover by Terry Moore as well as a number of items that are framed in my Man Cave.

In 2015, no sophomore jinx for me. I may not have the high-dollar pieces but I am very proud of my entries. Please enjoy!

Concrete: Land & Sea by Paul Chadwick wraparound cover – I was originally was outbid on this but the auction winner failed to pay and was offered the item. Every time I look at it I find a new detail.

Concrete: Land & Sea

Rachel Rising #33 cover by Terry Moore – Second year in a row entering a Terry Moore cover.

Rachel Rising #33

Chromium Man #3 cover by Adam Pollina – This piece is special as my friend, John Riley of Grasshoppers Comics, wrote most of the books in the Triumphant Universe.

Chromium Man #3

Hobbit page 111 by David Wenzel – One of my collecting goals was to get a page with a dragon. I cannot be happier with Smaug destroying Laketown.

Hobbit page 111

Francine and Katchoo of Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore – Okay, I know… this is two pieces. When I purchased the one that Terry brought to Baltimore, I asked if he could draw a companion piece to bring to NYCC.

Francine and Katchoo

This year my votes will be cast with the following criteria.

• Would I frame and hang it in my Man Cave?

• Does it hold some personal significance to me?

• Is it an attainable piece for me? Nothing against the big money items but there is some amazing art out there that doesn’t cost more than my mortgage.

James

I had a decent year and was able to pick out four middle-of-the-pack type of pages and one that might pull a couple extra votes. It's the kind of stuff I like, being an old coot at this point: a really putrescent Graham Ingels VOH page, a rare Ramona Fradon Metamorpho page from issue 1 (third appearance), a dead cool Colan sci-fi splash from the first GOTG story, an all-Heck Scarlet Witch page from Avengers 37, and (my precious) a really strong Darkseid appearance from the end of the original New Gods run. Everybody vote for me!

http://www.comicartfans.com/my/LowryRoom.asp?GSub=1660

I had a decent year and was able to pick out four middle-of-the-pack type of pages and one that might pull a couple extra votes. It's the kind of stuff I like, being an old coot at this point: a really putrescent Graham Ingels VOH page, a rare Ramona Fradon Metamorpho page from issue 1 (third appearance), a dead cool Colan sci-fi splash from the first GOTG story, an all-Heck Scarlet Witch page from Avengers 37, and (my precious) a really strong Darkseid appearance from the end of the original New Gods run. Everybody vote for me!

your thumbnails don't enlarge. Can you enable that so we can see the pages a little better?

your thumbnails don't enlarge. Can you enable that so we can see the pages a little better?

that's because he did not provide the correct link ;-)

http://www.comicartfans.com/MyLowry.asp?GSub=1660

that's because he did not provide the correct link ;-)

http://www.comicartfans.com/MyLowry.asp?GSub=1660

thank you sir (thumbs u