• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect auction

185 posts in this topic

I had three Actions in the sale. 19, 21 and 24. All were CBCS graded. The trio went for LESS than what I expected just for the 19. Not a good result for me.

Do you attribute that to the CBCS factor or to the market for Actions in general?

The time of year might have been a factor, but the 19 and 21 both had discolored tape on the front cover. That eliminates a good chunk of the buying pool, even on lower grade books.

I had three Actions in the sale. 19, 21 and 24. All were CBCS graded. The trio went for LESS than what I expected just for the 19. Not a good result for me.

Do you attribute that to the CBCS factor or to the market for Actions in general?

The time of year might have been a factor, but the 19 and 21 both had discolored tape on the front cover. That eliminates a good chunk of the buying pool, even on lower grade books.

That didn't help.

Also considering the notion that CBCS is a little more generous (at least that's the opinion I'm hearing), bidders may be factoring that in and bidding on how they feel CGC would grade the book.

If that's the case, CBCS books will underperform (and have been with a few exceptions IMO)

I'm still anxious to see where the two Tec 38s end tonight. They're both pretty low right now.

I have strong suspicion of shilling on this one. Bidding to its current level was practically reached on day one and has sat there ever since.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=611826

I'm still anxious to see where the two Tec 38s end tonight. They're both pretty low right now.

I have strong suspicion of shilling on this one. Bidding to its current level was practically reached on day one and has sat there ever since.

I wonder how much the reserve is on this book. hm

I'm really not a fan of how CC is imaging their books these days. It looks like they're taking pictures rather scanning, and putting the books at a slight angle to avoid flash reflection. The result is that some books appear miscut, when in-hand they probably look fine. I just don't feel like I'm getting an accurate reflection of what the book will look like in-hand.

What happened to the two Captain America #1's?

Did the Cap #1 cgc 2.5 @ $21K go for too low or did the Cap #1 cgc 0.5 @ 16K go for too much? Or is this about right?? Both ways, congrats to the winners.

The restored 0.5 went for what a similar copy did last year.

The 2.5 seemed low. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in either a CGC green label with the one trimmed page removed or some ridiculous CBCS slab soon enough.

-J.

I think that would be the result of a reserve. Assuming CC is like eBay, wouldn't a bidder's max bid be reached automatically if it's less than the reserve.

I have no experience with CC, but they seem to have a good number of GA stuff, so I singed up for an account. Have most people had good experiences with them>

They are run by Metropolis Comics. Along with ComicLink and Heritage, they are one of the three big auction houses for comics. Registering for those other two also makes sense if you are interested in GA books, assuming that you haven't already.

Heritage gets a disproportionate share of high-dollar GA books and has an extensive archive of past sales that's useful in gauging market values.

I think that would be the result of a reserve. Assuming CC is like eBay, wouldn't a bidder's max bid be reached automatically if it's less than the reserve.

...the bidder's max bid will be reached automatically if it reaches or exceeds the reserve.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u