• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tribute To Creig Flessel
4 4

446 posts in this topic

I wish that I had more....

Having problems with photobucket, but will post some Sandman Adventures later today. :)

Edited by piper

On 5/13/2017 at 10:15 AM, Frisco Larson said:

LOVE some Flessel :luhv: Here is one of my favorites in my collection right now!

detective 17 mine.jpg

beautiful copy. The bat signaled a significant event in the series:applause:

On March 20, 2005 at 0:28 PM, FFB said:

Just saw this one in one of my old Sotheby's catalogs. (Edgar Church copy.) This is the coolest Flessel cover I've seen yet!

detective18.jpg

Here 'tis again 12 years later (un-cropped scan & accurate color)...  hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=168&h=94&stc

b70d2dc0-df72-4a6d-a81d-60175aac83d5_zps

On 4/11/2010 at 9:45 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Rumor has it that pre-hero DC's are dead.

96366.jpg.066b079f3879e3c9d345221f2f7a4513.jpg

RHG, I've been wondering if this cover had been confirmed as a Flessel? No copy I've seen appears to be signed (the signatures DO get cut off sometimes). With the discovery of John Richard Flannagan as a previously unknown cover artist who didn't sign his work, do you think this might also be one of his? Anyone else with an opinion on this, please feel free to chime in.

On 7/19/2008 at 1:54 PM, Socratic Wonder said:

NA28.jpg

I may be alone on this, but sometimes I buy books that are well below the grade range I want them in, just to get ANY copy. As a testament to Flessel's fantastic cover, it seems as though someone really wanted to either keep or do something with the cover of my copy! Oddly, the back cover is fully attached at the staples and the book is in really nice condition, beyond missing most of the front cover that is. The repro helps me remember what the cover is supposed to look like. It's only a reader …. 

New Adventure 28 nfc mine.jpg

New Adventure 28 nfc mine repro.jpg