• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

I bid on a comic for the first time in years (Albedo 2). I was refreshing all the way to the close and the site still said I was the high bidder. But after the auction ended, the site informed me I had lost. :( (A higher bid was entered with 9 seconds to go but didn't show on the screen.)

Oh well, I won't have to shell out the cash. ;) Guess I'll go shopping for a 1 iron...

I'm outbid on all my tracking bids for tonight, and they're pretty much all to a level where they aren't going to be bargains. So I may very well end up sitting this auction out. I've already got my eye on a book or two in the next auction, which starts up in a week (not wasting any time), so I may as well keep the powder dry.

I bid on a comic for the first time in years (Albedo 2). I was refreshing all the way to the close and the site still said I was the high bidder. But after the auction ended, the site informed me I had lost. :( (A higher bid was entered with 9 seconds to go but didn't show on the screen.)

Oh well, I won't have to shell out the cash. ;) Guess I'll go shopping for a 1 iron...

The same thing happened to me in their March auction. Interestingly enough, I'm still waiting on some of the "outbid" emails from yesterday to be delivered. The system seems very hit or miss this particular auction.

Even God can't hit a 1-iron... :kidaround:

Even God can't hit a 1-iron... :kidaround:

Challenge accepted! ;)

I know, that CVA sticker really assures us that this is a GREAT looking copy... :screwy:

(shrug)

I bet I can resub it and get a 3.0 :)

Anyway, it's a relatively tough book for whatever reason and I was happy to get a copy. 16 to go!

It's a great book, I was just knocking the CVA. Great buy!

I'm outbid on all my tracking bids for tonight, and they're pretty much all to a level where they aren't going to be bargains. So I may very well end up sitting this auction out. I've already got my eye on a book or two in the next auction, which starts up in a week (not wasting any time), so I may as well keep the powder dry.

Things were so out of whack to my ideal reality I just watched the bloodshed from afar.

I was pleasantly surprised to have won this. I have never owned a copy before.

http://www.comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RADB2B7A2016811_16545.jpg

Dave Sims lives 5 minutes from me. Or at least used to. :D

One bid, one book.

RAD542_B52016823_141953_1.jpg

That is an awesome comic! One I haven't seen before (I haven't seen a lot of them), and I love that no one at DC (National?) noticed they'd forgot to draw the "S" on the uniform. It's like the big blue cheese couldn't find his shirt and quickly grabbed a spare.

Great pickup!

slab market must be in the tank, i'm 3 for 7.

Really depends on the book but I would agree that a lot of books seem to be dropping in price lately if you look at GPA info (especially if you take out the mega keys).

One bid, one book.

RAD542_B52016823_141953_1.jpg

That is an awesome comic! One I haven't seen before (I haven't seen a lot of them), and I love that no one at DC (National?) noticed they'd forgot to draw the "S" on the uniform. It's like the big blue cheese couldn't find his shirt and quickly grabbed a spare.

Great pickup!

thank you sirs. been looking for a copy for years. not sure why it's tough to find.

Can we get a little context on this? Do you mean 3 of 7 super lowball bids have come in? That's the only read I can make on your comment that equates to low prices.

Can we get a little context on this? Do you mean 3 of 7 super lowball bids have come in? That's the only read I can make on your comment that equates to low prices.

He's saying that he's finally won a few books so there must be something wrong with the market.

It's sarcasm and people took his post as prophetic.

In this day and internet age of 'helicopter values' if a book doesn't increase from one auction to the next it's 'falling'. People need to relax. lol