• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

Overstreet $952

Last 4.5 sold according to GPA was in 2003 for $600

Last 5.0 sold according to GPA was in May of 2016 for $1300

I liked this one.

Might be winning another book.

CaptainAmericaComics20cgc45.jpg

Overstreet $952

Last 4.5 sold according to GPA was in 2003 for $600

Last 5.0 sold according to GPA was in May of 2016 for $1300

I liked this one.

Might be winning another book.

CaptainAmericaComics20cgc45.jpg

Very nice. I thought about throwing down another bid on that as it looks waaay nicer than 4.5.

Got a couple of targets tonight... better brew a lot of coffee... the auctions close around 3am my time... *ugh*

Nice CMA17 Buzz, noticed that one last night as I was scrolling thru, definately a good buy. Love that painted cover style.

Time to start thinking about whether or not I want to pursue anything tonight. It's the whole "if I win one I should try to win two for shipping" scenario, and I would almost rather save my money unless I get a pretty good deal (which is more unlikely in these featured auctions it seems, and even more unlikely to do it twice).

I love that there are CVA stickers still floating around... do they still show up at conventions?

I've never seen one at a show. They partnered with Clink when they started up, so I would guess that the vast majority of those books ended up selling through them. I would also guess that those that truly looked exceptional in the holders got cracked and resubbed so the population has shrunk some. I think I've got two (and admittedly they do look damn good through the slab), and I'm holding out for them to become collector items for the rare stickers.

I love that there are CVA stickers still floating around... do they still show up at conventions?

I've never seen one at a show. They partnered with Clink when they started up, so I would guess that the vast majority of those books ended up selling through them. I would also guess that those that truly looked exceptional in the holders got cracked and resubbed so the population has shrunk some. I think I've got two (and admittedly they do look damn good through the slab), and I'm holding out for them to become collector items for the rare stickers.

..... the few I've picked up also looked very nice in hand..... many aspects of a book's condition just can't be accurately assessed by looking at a scan..... gloss is one. Staple condition is another. The idea itself is a good one, where CVA fumbled the ball was in awarding the sticker to books with production flaws like miscuts and miswraps. There's just nothing exceptional about production flaws. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u