• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

I got sniped at the very last moment on the one book I really wanted.
Bid large or lose. Loser. :baiting:

Put in my usual bids on 10 books but unlike last time I won nothing. Must be a good auction to be selling keys.

ASM 129 didnt do well as a key.

9.6 in a new slab sold for $2309... while the 12 month GPA is $3326. (30% under!)

Do you think this indicates that the bubble bursting or is this a one off? The rate at which that book has climbed in price over the last 4 or 5 years would seem to indicate a correction at some point don't you think?

9.6 in a new slab sold for $2309... while the 12 month GPA is $3326. (30% under!)

Do you think this indicates that the bubble bursting or is this a one off? The rate at which that book has climbed in price over the last 4 or 5 years would seem to indicate a correction at some point don't you think?

I just sold a copy over that GPA average this week.

That Comic link copy was badly mis-wrapped with a half inch of white margin on the spine and that would have kept many bidders out of the running. It was also in a new holder so I'm not sure if that had any effect.

Well, just my luck. I decided to sit this Focused Auction out to be responsible and pay off some bills. But I kept my eye on a few things and it seems I missed out on some really good deals.

The keys seemed to be doing fine, but is it just me me or does it seem like everything else was selling for a discount?

What really alarms me is I sent Clink some nice books for their auctions in July and August. But the results on comparable books in this auction make me sick. I'm seriously having second thoughts and considering just calling them and pulling the books. I really don't know what to do.

Awesome auction if you were a buyer though.

As a seller, last night was not good for me. :(

The wrap held it way down.

I agree. it was pretty bad. the 9.4 sold for only $100 less.

That Comic link copy was badly mis-wrapped with a half inch of white margin on the spine and that would have kept many bidders out of the running. It was also in a new holder so I'm not sure if that had any effect.

This is one of the inherent problems with GPA, you can't see the fugly monstrosities that people stay away from that influence price.

yep that was an ugly landing strip...

put that copy any where near RDU and planes would've been all over it.

:blush:

A couple of relatively low cost upgrades. Still can't believe how undervalued Worlds Finest books are from this era compared to the other Batman related titles.

RAD31B29201653_122455.jpg

RADE23002016512_141341.jpg

And finally, I think I just paid the record price for this set of boobies in cgc 9.6. Probably could have saved $500 just getting the book off eBay, but this is the best looking copy I've ever seen in ANY GRADE. Obviously someone (maybe one of you) felt the same way.

RAD04C002016422_103232.jpg

Maybe that's because all 5 of those TMNT books are sitting in the damage inflicting case holders. :gossip:

Eh. They all look pretty okay to me. It's not like he can't get them reholdered for free if he feels it's necessary to do so once he was receives his books. Seeing as how his books went for so cheap I say it's a pretty awesome pick up.