• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

I had some, what I thought, really aggressive bids on several Adams Bats.

Lost every one of them. I'm really impressed at how much these books are going for considering the dip in the economy and most folks' disposable income.

I totally mis-rememberd and thought the Archie 50 was closing Wednesday night, not Tuesday night.... alas. Someone got a very nice presenting White page Archie 50 for well under what I think it's worth....

http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Darchie%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1103972&id=1103972

did anyone here win it?

Here is my win so far, I was very happy with the price. Despite the movies these early Avengers are surprisingly reasonable in VF. I may go after another book or two to help on shipping if the prices stay somewhat reasonable.

RADB0C0F20151230_144755.jpg

Went in after the DD 168 CGC 9.8 and got blown away. Very nice prices on the key books.

Any idea where this particular copy finished up at?

I guess there's no way to go back in to look at CL's auction results. That's the good thing about Heritage since they always have their Auction Archives open to you. (thumbs u

Went in after the DD 168 CGC 9.8 and got blown away. Very nice prices on the key books.

Any idea where this particular copy finished up at?

I guess there's no way to go back in to look at CL's auction results. That's the good thing about Heritage since they always have their Auction Archives open to you. (thumbs u

It is still viewable.

Never thought I'd ever see this book go for this much. Very satisfied with my 9.6 W so I won't be chasing 9.8s any time soon. Plus, I think I'd want the newstand version over the direct sales one. I'd imagine they're harder to find in high grade (respectively speaking of course).

160736.jpg.9c3cb4f18e147626ff063fcbab585422.jpg

Finally completed my trilogy!

All three are from the Marvel Art Review Collection.

"This comic book originates from the Marvel Art Review Collection, a significant collection consisting of deep runs of virtually all Marvel titles from the Silver Age through the Modern era, as well as select issues from DC and other publishers. This collection was assembled over decades by Arthur Gumbus, a passionate collector and aficionado of the comic art form. In the middle 1970s, Mr. Gumbus produced and published Marvel Art Review, an early fanzine for all things Marvel. Getting to know many of the artists and writers at Marvel personally during these booming days of Marvel fandom, Mr. Gumbus got the inside scoop directly from the source and was very active on the early convention circuit in the New York City region.

The vast majority of the issues in this collection were purchased directly off the stands as they were released and carefully tucked away. This has resulted in very rich cover colors and high page quality, with nearly all of the comics certified as having White or Off-White to White pages, regardless of the assigned grade. We are very pleased to be offering examples from this impressive collection, which represents the decades-long dedication of a passionate collector and lover of the four color page.

Each item from this collection will be accompanied by a special, ComicLink issued certificate containing information about origin of the collection."

RAD020132016211_104056.jpg

RAD410DF2014128_16581.jpg

RADA86352016211_103935.jpg

Also picked this up.

RAD718202016119_103540.jpg