• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

Finally completed my trilogy!

All three are from the Marvel Art Review Collection.

"This comic book originates from the Marvel Art Review Collection, a significant collection consisting of deep runs of virtually all Marvel titles from the Silver Age through the Modern era, as well as select issues from DC and other publishers. This collection was assembled over decades by Arthur Gumbus, a passionate collector and aficionado of the comic art form. In the middle 1970s, Mr. Gumbus produced and published Marvel Art Review, an early fanzine for all things Marvel. Getting to know many of the artists and writers at Marvel personally during these booming days of Marvel fandom, Mr. Gumbus got the inside scoop directly from the source and was very active on the early convention circuit in the New York City region.

The vast majority of the issues in this collection were purchased directly off the stands as they were released and carefully tucked away. This has resulted in very rich cover colors and high page quality, with nearly all of the comics certified as having White or Off-White to White pages, regardless of the assigned grade. We are very pleased to be offering examples from this impressive collection, which represents the decades-long dedication of a passionate collector and lover of the four color page.

Each item from this collection will be accompanied by a special, ComicLink issued certificate containing information about origin of the collection."

RAD020132016211_104056.jpg

RAD410DF2014128_16581.jpg

RADA86352016211_103935.jpg

Also picked this up.

RAD718202016119_103540.jpg

Congrats. The vast majority of those MAR books are quite spectacular, even for the grades.

Marvel Premiere 1, 9.6 for over $1400!

And strong bids for this lovely GI Combat 1.

I bid on both those, and wasn't even close to where it ended. I also bid on the MP 1, 9.2 which would have been a one point upgrade for me, but it went just beyond my "Eh, I guess I'll pay that much for it" point.

Coincidentally, I picked up my January wins from the Fed Ex today. 9.6 Strange Tales 178 satisfies me for now. :)

Also picked this up.

RAD718202016119_103540.jpg

I thought this was a smart pickup. Nice job as it is a beautiful looking copy.

I was the underbidder - just couldn't push it one more bid. Congrats.

+1

Most definitely some really strong prices here!

So, is CL the best place to go for selling your HG BA keys as opposed to CC and Heritage? hm

With these kind of prices, it's definitely looks better than trying to sell them on eBay yourself.

I have mixed feelings about this pick-up. I know I over-paid a bit, and there's a couple of big-ticket items I've been searching for that I will now have to forego if they come up for sale (and Murphy's Law says they WILL come up for sale now that I've purchased this).

But I've been hunting for a nice-presenting 9.0 copy for quit awhile. Passed a lot of others up looking for the right one. This one looks - at least from the scans - like it meets all my criteria.

image_zpsu08h1p2m.jpeg

I have mixed feelings about this pick-up. I know I over-paid a bit, and there's a couple of big-ticket items I've been searching for that I will now have to forego if they come up for sale (and Murphy's Law says they WILL come up for sale now that I've purchased this).

But I've been hunting for a nice-presenting 9.0 copy for quit awhile. Passed a lot of others up looking for the right one. This one looks - at least from the scans - like it meets all my criteria.

image_zpsu08h1p2m.jpeg

Yep, that is sharp!

Congrats. The vast majority of those MAR books are quite spectacular, even for the grades.

Misty! It's been ages since I rocked your window! :D

So, is CL the best place to go for selling your HG BA keys as opposed to CC and Heritage? hm

Anecdotaly and observationaly (I think I made both of those words up) I'd say yes. Im not sure if CC has a specific niche. I think Heritage is the go to for GA and SA especially keys and in high grade. Bronze, Copper, and Moderns hit the Clink audience (by percentages) better than HA. again just my 2 cents.

Last night's wins. I was 2-8 overall last night, and really wanted a couple of the books I lost but couldn't justify going any higher on my bids (after already overreaching on a couple and still being outbid).

RAD6E455201629_16042.jpg

RAD211F72016114_121922.jpg