• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Auction

587 posts in this topic

Avengers 63 cover just sold...umm, yeah...that just happened.

My skepticism is running high on this one.

Yeah. There is always that too..."phone" bidder.

Listen, I have a buyer in Canada that's willing to pay twice the amount you proposed; it's just that I don't want to have to ship outside the country, so I'm willing to sell it to you for 1.5 the amount.

African prince?

Listen, I have a buyer in Canada that's willing to pay twice the amount you proposed; it's just that I don't want to have to ship outside the country, so I'm willing to sell it to you for 1.5 the amount.

African prince?

It's a sad story; his father was just killed in an explosion. On the bright side, once he finishes with his vendetta and crowned as king he'll have access to the royal treasury.

whoah action on the norseman

Sat right next to the phone bidder on that one. It was a legit bid.

And I appreciated the 5 minute discussion of how great a job Heritage does at having low end and high end lots that he launched into after it sold.

What's the rush?....if he stretches this until tomorrow the consignors get the benefit of an entire extra day of appreciating value on their pieces before they sell.

And I appreciated the 5 minute discussion of how great a job Heritage does at having low end and high end lots that he launched into after it sold.

What's the rush?....if he stretches this until tomorrow the consignors get the benefit of an entire extra day of appreciating value on their pieces before they sell.

We're gonna start building bunk beds in the back. Also no food. :( not cool ha

For the record, while Jay has started on bunk beds I've scavenged the hallways of the Waldorf Astoria for food and materials to construct a fire

And meanwhile, although small potatoes by comparison, that Alpha Flight Guice cover went for double the dealer asking price (and it sat at that price for at least a couple of art cons).

For the record, while Jay has started on bunk beds I've scavenged the hallways of the Waldorf Astoria for food and materials to construct a fire

That's how it started the day the teleprompter went down on "Wake up and Smile"

It went downhill from there....

will-ferrel-snl.gif

African prince?

It's a sad story; his father was just killed in an explosion. On the bright side, once he finishes with his vendetta and crowned as king he'll have access to the royal treasury.

HAHAHAHAHA!--Civil War humor...nice!

And meanwhile, although small potatoes by comparison, that Alpha Flight Guice cover went for double the dealer asking price (and it sat at that price for at least a couple of art cons).

I noticed that.

Have they proofed the internet bidding system to ensure that it's not chimpanzees jumping up and down on a keyboard somewhere?

Three hours. 150 lots. That's your pace right there: 50 lots/hour.

Does he have magic water flowing into that glass of his. He seems to be having a drink every 2 minutes and yet that glass never seems to run out.

I noticed that.

Have they proofed the internet bidding system to ensure that it's not chimpanzees jumping up and down on a keyboard somewhere?

Nah, I think someone fell asleep at home in front of the computer and hit the keyboard with their head too many times.

Three hours. 150 lots. That's your pace right there: 50 lots/hour.

Does he have magic water flowing into that glass of his. He seems to be having a drink every 2 minutes and yet that glass never seems to run out.

And some point he'll be RUNNING to the john!

He's still 100 lots from stuff I'm bidding on. So... 2 hours from now? Yeesh.

He's over 150 lots away from mine, and it's after midnight here... I'm about to start shouting at the screen :pullhair: