• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Auction

587 posts in this topic

Just logged in to see the action

Brilliant move to have guest auctioneers! But Bill Murray is more soporific than I imagined he might be.

Wonder who they will have next?

Auctioneer to bidder on the floor and on the phone in relation to the Mystery In Space piece - "clearly you guys dont have dinner plans"

What planet is this guy on, he's the one that has been dragging his heels for hours :frustrated:

Xmen 95 relatively well bought IMO

I already regret not bidding one more time. Congrats to the winner. Seems like one of the better deals in the auction so far.

Was the 1st Starlord cover offered ? I only remember the other 2

I could be forgetting, or it was "ask" not stated price? People call me out for this stuff all the time ( lol ) so sorry if this is bad memory again...my recollection was $25k for Morrow, $22k for Ken Barr and $17-$19k for Norem?

I wasn't interested at even half those prices; that's why memory not so hot ;)

It was $25k initially for the Barr piece which quickly dropped to far less than that.

Cool. Then I've got my wires crossed or Brian told me $25k for the Morrow privately (we were chatting a bit at the time about his sell down in broad terms).

I seem to recall that the 1st appearance wasnt been sold, but then again if you had a private message going, you may be right ?

Who knows? I'm doubting myself now. Again :)

The one I might have been interested in was the Norem. Not for (sorry tru-fans) stupid Starlord but for it being Norem. But I knew Brian wouldn't take the $5k he paid years ago on eBay. And I passed on it numerous time way back then too. It was not a $5k piece then, years before the movie hype. He overpaid. If somebody doesn't want to take a loss against paying too much, and who does?, then there isn't much more to talk about...

Nonetheless I found him to be a nice guy, wished him well then and still do today.

The Star-lords did well . I never offered the MP4 for sale not even privately. I had an offer of 40k during the 1st movies but figured I would never sell at the time. I wanted to hang on to that one but in the end let it go as well. The other two paintings I had no idea of value and guessed based on the results of the pages that sold the Barr cover was laid out by Byrne I figured it would be mentioned in the auction but wasn't. The Norem I figured would be a 10k piece based on Conans I have seen but I paid less than the 5k ebay price.

Overall I did very well on the art I can't complain. I was worried for a while but in the end I ended up way on top. Still sad to see the art go.

Overall I did very well on the art I can't complain. I was worried for a while but in the end I ended up way on top. Still sad to see the art go.

Excellent! Glad it worked out overall. I hear you on the sad though...those were uncommon paintings. No doubt. Probably impossible to assemble in one home again, unless they all went to the same bidder today.

Once I get paid and take care of a few things there are two painting stashed away in a private collection I will see about buying bit more on the lower end, but I like them.

He's still 100 lots from stuff I'm bidding on. So... 2 hours from now? Yeesh.

He's over 150 lots away from mine, and it's after midnight here... I'm about to start shouting at the screen :pullhair:

YOU ARE GETTING SLEEPY...DON'T FIGHT IT...YOU DON'T REALLY WANT THOSE PIECES...

He's still 100 lots from stuff I'm bidding on. So... 2 hours from now? Yeesh.

He's over 150 lots away from mine, and it's after midnight here... I'm about to start shouting at the screen :pullhair:

YOU ARE GETTING SLEEPY...DON'T FIGHT IT...YOU DON'T REALLY WANT THOSE PIECES...

lol I'm actually playing online blackjack at the moment to keep awake (and to lose even more money) :insane:

Alex Niño Adventure Comics #427 Captain Fear Complete 7-Page Story Original Art (DC, 1973). $2200 + juice. How much of this was Captain Fear? Or something else? Asking because I have several similar era Nino stories...which I'd be thrilled to get $2k for. Which means I'm missing something and that's not what mine are worth ;)

Perez JLA 200...$77,675 Yowza..

I knew it was $50k plus, but I had no idea how large that PLUS was.