• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Auction

587 posts in this topic

The Stelfreeze Classic X-Men cover was on Burkey's website for years at an asking price of I want to say not more than $600 and now sold for $1,200 plus BP. I guess people really don't do any due diligence (or feel they have to finish the auction with something in their hands). Congrats to the winner nonethless.

or it got Burkey'd

I don't believe he is allowed to consign to Heritage. At least for now....

Anyone know what the deal with the Thor #193 slash was. It went for nearly $12k, but just has an image of Sif in a wedding dress. Is someone trying to put this book back together, or does someone really like Sif ?

It's a public service. He's a time traveler from the future and he knows that the end of this auction will set into motion an inexorable chain of events that will lead to the death of humanity. He's vamping until Wolverine shows up. He's waiting for Wolverine instead of Kitty Pride because he never read comic books. The End.

He's a huge fan of John Romiter

Did anyone catch the auctioneer guy very early in the auction mentioning that famous artist

Frank Gia-COLA??? lol

Mike

The Stelfreeze Classic X-Men cover was on Burkey's website for years at an asking price of I want to say not more than $600 and now sold for $1,200 plus BP. I guess people really don't do any due diligence (or feel they have to finish the auction with something in their hands). Congrats to the winner nonethless.

or it got Burkey'd

I don't believe he is allowed to consign to Heritage. At least for now....

Hey Anchor...

At least have maybe a tiny bit of facts before you speak about me.

I can consign and buy anytime I want from any one and any auction on the globe that I choose............

I won quite ALOT of great pieces today and (using your analogy) I "BELIEVE" you were under bidder on everything I won today which makes me feel pretty good right now....

...instead of spreading BS here...... how bout hurrying up and paying me back the last payment for the fake Schulz Snoopy drawing you tried to pawn off on me last September at comic-art con which I sent you back several months ago.

Since you didn't win "JACK SQUAT" in the auction (picture Chris Farley saying that on SNL..lol).......you can FINALLY pay me back now.

thanks...and now back to our regularly scheduled post auction programming. :)

Mike

Get over yourself Mike. Your money was mailed a long time ago after you provided proof about the drawing.

And I'm not spreading BS, I'm making a statement which I believe is true. Let me know how auctions on other "globes" go for you.

This will be my only response regarding this.

Get over yourself Mike. Your money was mailed a long time ago after you provided proof about the drawing.

And I'm not spreading BS, I'm making a statement which I believe is true. Let me know how auctions on other "globes" go for you.

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

:whatev:

Anyone know what the deal with the Thor #193 slash was. It went for nearly $12k, but just has an image of Sif in a wedding dress. Is someone trying to put this book back together, or does someone really like Sif ?

I was surprised by this one. I was a live bidder on this but it quickly passed me by. It's a nice piece in person and I suspect that one driver was that there are few (if any) Thor splashes like it and none with Sif like this. Although without Thor on the page, I didn't want to go higher. I do know it's a favorite piece of a particular artist and I suspect another artist may also have been bidding on it-- one or both of them likely drove the price higher.

Avengers 63 cover just sold...umm, yeah...that just happened.

My skepticism is running high on this one.

Yeah. There is always that too..."phone" bidder.

Another surprise to me. I thought it would not hit the reserve, for a number of reasons (including the much lower bidding prior to the reserve being set, the fact that it is not a twice-up and that there are several important stats). No offense to the buyer: but IMHO that is a hefty price for this, absent some super nostalgic attachment bump. I was initially very interested in this but in person, the patchwork nature of it is evident (read HA's description) and it didn't present as well as I hoped/wanted.

But it's still a cool 60s Avengers cover.

Secrets of the Batcave by Mr Sprang but at $50k. I was shocked but it is an iconic piece.

Agreed! But I would be happy with the print nicely framed for much less.

I have both prints framed but having the original would be :cloud9:

Care to document upon what evidence you base this "belief"?

Or was it arrived to in the same reckless manner that led you to selling a fake Schulz piece as real?

Some people are careful when proclaiming beliefs when they could be damaging and potentially false. Then there's you.

Care to document upon what evidence you base this "belief"?

Or was it arrived to in be same reckless manner that led you to selling a fake Schulz piece as real?

Some people are careful when proclaiming beliefs when they could be damaging and potentially false. Then there's you.

And apparently a check is in the mail somewhere.

Secrets of the Batcave by Mr Sprang but at $50k. I was shocked but it is an iconic piece.

Agreed! But I would be happy with the print nicely framed for much less.

I have both prints framed but having the original would be :cloud9:

Nothing wrong with prints but in this hobby/obsession, there can be only one...original (que dramatic lightning and quickening effect.)

I want to know why the money was mailed a long time ago yet hasn't arrived (shrug)

Maybe he just "believes" it's been mailed.

nearly $4k for the Tim Sale DV page.......very interesting.

Tim Sale TLH and DV owners should rejoice, that means you will be offering them $500 instead of $400 for similar pages they have, ka-ching!

Malvin