• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Auction

587 posts in this topic

Calvin & Hobbes coming up.

Can`t believe I`ve woken up and this auction is still going on! lol

$50,190!

That's a popular number this auction

$50,190 would have bought you

A) Calvin and Hobbes

B) Sprang Secrets of the Batcave

C) Swan Klein World's FInest 168 cover.

$95,800 for the Wrightson Frankenstein Plate.....with no monster.

What a world.

Krenkel/Williamson $3,900. Three times Frazetta/Williamson. I know the title is more desirable but still a little surprising.

It's Williamson/Krenke and that page sold for $5,975.00... back in August 2014.

Williamson EC Sci-fi pages are impossible to get, I know as I have been trying to get one for 7 years.

So are you saying Williamson penciled? As far as who should get star billing please take a look at the splash for Incredible Science-Fiction 32 and tell me that you don't wish Williamson had left his addition off the art altogether.

I decided to remove all that dirty, stinky money from my account and live in a cardboard box and wound up winning two...BUT, they were two pretty AWESOME pieces...oh well, I can shower in the rain and use leaves for toilet paper.

I decided to remove all that dirty, stinky money from my account and live in a cardboard box and wound up winning two...BUT, they were two pretty AWESOME pieces...oh well, I can shower in the rain and use leaves for toilet paper.

The Jim Lee wolverine cover would make s good roof :)

83k for that charming peanuts sunday.

Wow! :o

Big number, but it was really nice. Maybe my favorite piece in the auction in terms of something I'd want for myself, but I was expecting 38 not 83

I liked it too but figured maybe mid $50s.

At least you didn't get made fun of on the live stream for consistently losing :(

lol sorry but that was pretty funny. I stopped bidding to let whoever they were talking about win one but I guess there was someone else who kept bidding. If it makes you feel any better I was bidding all day and pretty much struck out too. (Won one cheap cover at the end)

The Stelfreeze Classic X-Men cover was on Burkey's website for years at an asking price of I want to say not more than $600 and now sold for $1,200 plus BP. I guess people really don't do any due diligence (or feel they have to finish the auction with something in their hands). Congrats to the winner nonethless.

or it got Burkey'd

At least you didn't get made fun of on the live stream for consistently losing :(

He DID walk up and shake your hand for standing tough.

You got the second one too? I was rooting for you.

I came away empty handed. Pieces I was interested in but just couldn't pull the trigger on:

Neal Adams Green Lantern page, really nice but definitely a strong price in my mind ($31k).

Ross Andru Spiderman 179 splash at $15.5k, I suspect I will regret not bidding more latter.

Mooney Batman 56 splash, but at almost $20k with just side views of Batman and Robin, I just could see paying that much

Secrets of the Batcave by Mr Sprang but at $50k. I was shocked but it is an iconic piece.

You got the second one too? I was rooting for you.

I did!!! I gave up bidding on a couple of other pieces to make sure I still had some fuel in the tank. Glad I did. It went about what I thought it might at its highest. I would have spent more to get it. I love it. I have been chasing it for at about 15 years. I am reuniting it with its sibling. Thanks for your good advice and support!

That Wrightson Frankenstein price is a shock! I'm pretty sure Bernie sold that himself on eBay for around $12K in 2001. I remember seriously considering buying it.

I did end up buying his last Frankenstein plate shortly afterwards -- it's the scene where Victor is in a boat disposing of a body -- no monster on that one either. I'm guessing we'll see more of these show up in the next auction now.

Secrets of the Batcave by Mr Sprang but at $50k. I was shocked but it is an iconic piece.

Agreed! But I would be happy with the print nicely framed for much less.