• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Okay I slept on it and since I can't put ickwinzs' print in the list, here ya go in no particular order, don't ask me to rank these (tsk)

Secret Wars #7:

SW7.jpg

Superman/Batman #7:

SB7.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #667:

ASM667.jpg

Original Sin #7:

OS7.jpg

Wolverine: The Best There Is #1:

W1.jpg

I guess 7 is my lucky number? (shrug)

Jerome

Nice books!

Personally, I don't like the ASM 667 and think it mostly gets attention due to rarity. To each their own!

The Original Sin 7 seems to pop in a bunch of lists. It is a beauty!

But if you're happy, I'm happy!

I guess it's because this thread is focusing on his variant covers but most of his best art hasn't even posted in this thread...

For instance?

(with pictures please)

For instance

Publication1_2.jpg

Okay I slept on it and since I can't put ickwinzs' print in the list, here ya go in no particular order, don't ask me to rank these (tsk)

Secret Wars #7:

SW7.jpg

Superman/Batman #7:

SB7.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #667:

ASM667.jpg

Original Sin #7:

OS7.jpg

W1.jpg

Jerome

Nice books!

Personally, I don't like the ASM 667 and think it mostly gets attention due to rarity. To each their own!

Yes the ASM 667 gets its attention largely because of it's unusual rarity and its presence in the ASM title run. But the art truly is simple and beautiful. To see a copy in hand is to know what I mean. To think that few will ever have an opportunity to actually see one in person is a remarkable notion. And without its noteriety, Dell'otto the artist probably would never have come on collectors' radar and his other fantastic work may not have ever gotten any attention. Most "hot" modern artists have a signature cover , and the ASM 667 is easily his. :cloud9:

-J.

Secret Wars #7:

SW7.jpg

Superman/Batman #7:

SB7.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #667:

ASM667.jpg

Original Sin #7:

OS7.jpg

W1.jpg

Jerome

Nice books!

Personally, I don't like the ASM 667 and think it mostly gets attention due to rarity. [\b] To each their own!

Yes the ASM 667 gets its attention largely because of it's unusual rarity and its presence in the ASM title run. But the art truly is simple and beautiful. To see a copy in hand is to know what I mean. To think that few will ever have an opportunity to actually see one in person is a remarkable notion. And without its noteriety, Dell'otto the artist probably would never have come on collectors' radar and his other fantastic work may not have ever gotten any attention. Most "hot" modern artists have a signature cover , and the ASM 667 is easily his. :cloud9:

-J.

Eh, saw it, had the chance to buy it and I was meh .

But if you guys love it, more power to you. I think some of his Spider-Verse stuff is better personally.

I guess it's because this thread is focusing on his variant covers but most of his best art hasn't even posted in this thread...

For instance?

(with pictures please)

For instance

Publication1_2.jpg

DD is definitely cool on those, Wolerine's claws bug me for some reason. I think he has done better Spider-Man for sure.

BW is clean and simple, but I usually like my female cover art more objectifying.

Secret Wars #7:

SW7.jpg

Superman/Batman #7:

SB7.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #667:

ASM667.jpg

Original Sin #7:

OS7.jpg

W1.jpg

Jerome

Nice books!

Personally, I don't like the ASM 667 and think it mostly gets attention due to rarity. [\b] To each their own!

-J.

Eh, saw it, had the chance to buy it and I was meh .

But if you guys love it, more power to you. I think some of his Spider-Verse stuff is better personally.

+1

I think that ASM is one of his weaker rare variant covers.

Solid picks Jerome !

I'm trying to figure out if this is a good deal or not....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Dellotto-variant-lot-40-comics-Winter-Soldier-1-Deadpool-Original-Sin-/331814291616?hash=item4d41ac48a0:g:Gs0AAOSwzvlW9xvm&autorefresh=true

Could be a decent starter set.(?)

-J.

Pretty expensive "starter-set." Issue being here that most fans own at least one (if not multiple books in the set. He would be better off breaking it into smaller lots and selling the hit books individually. If the price was closer to $800 a dealer/flipper would buy and separate to sell tomorrow. There is clearly something hidden here.

Plus the grades are all "NM" which is a gamble in itself (that could easily be CGC anywhere in 8.0-9.8).

It does feel like the sale from someone on the boards though... hm

Solid picks Jerome !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Dellotto-variant-lot-40-comics-Winter-Soldier-1-Deadpool-Original-Sin-/331814291616?hash=item4d41ac48a0:g:Gs0AAOSwzvlW9xvm&autorefresh=true

-J.

Pretty expensive "starter-set." Issue being here that most fans own at least one (if not multiple books in the set. He would be better off breaking it into smaller lots and selling the hit books individually. If the price was closer to $800 a dealer/flipper would buy and separate to sell tomorrow. There is clearly something hidden here.

Plus the grades are all "NM" which is a gamble in itself (that could easily be CGC anywhere in 8.0-9.8).

I would assume you could talk him down....or ask for scans of some specific issues...

Solid picks Jerome !

-J.

I would assume you could talk him down....or ask for scans of some specific issues...

Scans most likely (although pictures are from a camera). I don't know on price, I would pay $800 for set as is, but not more than $1,000 even if most are NM+. That is a $500 gap in a best case scenario.

:shrug:

For instance?

(with pictures please)

For instance

Publication1_2.jpg

DD is definitely cool on those, Wolerine's claws bug me for some reason. I think he has done better Spider-Man for sure.

BW is clean and simple, but I usually like my female cover art more objectifying.

Personally this is my fave cover. Although I am not too happy with Wolverine.

:popcorn:

Jerome

Some of these may have been posted but I don't remember the thread in its entirety but I don't recall seeing most of them.

image_zps5erqwa8k.jpeg