• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Panels of Original Art in Your Collection

117 posts in this topic

I'm clearly too much of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person to put up some other panels -- the dialogue box keeps telling me they're too large (200K pixels) when they're clearly smaller than that - smaller than some of the images I've put up. Oh well.

This is technically a single panel but love how Romero broke up the two scenes:

axa__987.jpg

Eduardo Barreto saw a master at page composition, love the reserve shadow from New Teen Titans:

NTT_39_20TOP.jpg

This is the bottom part to the panel above, use of the multiple panels to create one image. Kory is naked but the panels cover her up, her arm in the bottom panel indicates her breast.

NTT39_20.jpg

This sold me on the page, Shadow giving the russian the evil eye. Great combo of Kaluta and Heath

shadowGN--53.jpg

One of the most memorable panels from Jose Gonzalez Vampirella run

Vampirella_53_8.jpg

Great Bolton panel he is just coming out the myst

BOLTON.jpg

Last is the first shot of Logan without his mask.

uncannyxmen98_2.jpg

I posted to imgur and copied the link into the box, but still no picture showing up in the preview or post. What am I doing wrong, using Safari?

I use Photobucket as a host site for my images, Aaron.

Two come to mind, DeFalco and Ryan's FF run was one of the first I really got into in comics, and surely shaded by nostalgia, but I've always thought Ryan's art and panel construction were under-rated on the book. Even if it is something silly like teenage Franklin Richards running the Fantastic Force and becoming Psi-Lord.

24812930064_35e8d6aa77_b.jpg

On a totally opposite end of the spectrum, I've come to enjoy Evan Dorkin's panel composition on Milk & Cheese. The man sure does love taking the usual comic strip gags to their most horrible conclusion.

25075885419_9bc2152254_c.jpg

I have a couple paneled pages with some favorites.

b-1_zpsuodkt1zh.jpg

This panel from Byrne's run on Wonder Woman.

q-1_zpslctm6hpj.jpg

Frank Quitely panel with Wolverine and Cassandra Nova from X-men.

p-1_zpsmy9xhzx8.jpg

Phil Jimenez Wonder Woman panel from the "Gods of Gotham" storyline.

g-1_zpsdrv1hdfu.jpg

Tom Grummett panel of Superboy and Roxy from Superman.