• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round

237 posts in this topic

Totally missed on that Preacher :facepalm:

OMG! Me too! I could only see the small scan and thought it looked WAY better. I'll have to make sure and figure out why I was only seeing the small pics on some of them for the next round.

OMG! Me too! I could only see the small scan and thought it looked WAY better. I'll have to make sure and figure out why I was only seeing the small pics on some of them for the next round.

If I go with the big pics I'm to harsh on them (shrug)

So I think I missed the cutoff, but if I didn't, 21-9 by my math.

So to clarify, if I guessed 8.5 and it was 7.5, that means not within .5 therefore 1 loss correct?

Also once we get to the 9's a guess of 9.0 and a grade of 9.4 is still technically within .5 therefore it would constitute 2 wins right? regardless of the fact that it's 2 grades off?

I know what you mean. I usually look at both but on the higher grade ones I like the Large Scans.

I know what you mean. I usually look at both but on the higher grade ones I like the Large Scans.

Yeah now that I look at the larger scan I see what I missed doh!

So I think I missed the cutoff, but if I didn't, 21-9 by my math.

So to clarify, if I guessed 8.5 and it was 7.5, that means not within .5 therefore 1 loss correct?

Also once we get to the 9's a guess of 9.0 and a grade of 9.4 is still technically within .5 therefore it would constitute 2 wins right? regardless of the fact that it's 2 grades off?

no that would mean 1 loss I think

From the first post:

Shin's explanation:

If you are spot on, you will get THREE WINS

If you are within and including .5, you will get TWO WINS

If you are .6 to 1.0 OFF, you will get ONE LOSS

If you are over 1.0 OFF, you will get TWO LOSSES

People with THREE BULLSEYES get a PLUS ONE WIN

People with FOUR BULLSEYES get a PLUS THREE WINS

It just seems odd if grade is 9.4 and one guy guessed 9.2 and another 9.0 they both get the same points.

But it seems fair because even CGC is .2 off in resubmitals