• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Persistent Ebayer wants to deal privately

1,072 posts in this topic

So now Vger, you decided to spam the boards in every thread? What is that supposed to accomplish?

Did you notice his cool sig line Greggy? lol

So now Vger, you decided to spam the boards in every thread? What is that supposed to accomplish?

I rule :whee:

Bump a certain thread down but we know that it won't be possible with me around.

I'm posting repeatedly instead of just walking away because I'm TRYING to see your point of view and I'm trying to convey mine. I like to think of myself as an honest person and don't like being characterized as something else.

I'm giving all sorts of scenarios that I think are being tossed aside as not relevant, but I think they are the exact same thing that is being claimed to be violations of eBay policies. And these actions are morally wrong and a breach of some sort of duty to eBay.

What are a potential BUYER's obligations to eBay???

If I know a book is listed for $200 on eBay and know it's listed for $180 on MyComicShop.com, why SHOULD I purchase the book on eBay? How is it being argued that it is a breach if I DO buy the book on MCS??

???

If it's listed somewhere other than eBay for less, buy it there no problem. If eBay is the only place it's for sale and you message the seller hoping to bypass fees, it's wrong.

2c

*sigh*

Again, let's say a friend on the Boards lists his book on eBay. He doesn't list it anywhere else because he can't be bothered to for whatever reason. If you KNOW that person on the Boards, why is it "wrong" to message them here and say "Hey, friend, I see you have a copy of x 9.8 on eBay for sale. You have it listed at $200. Want to let it go for $180 with a direct PayPal pmt?"

Is it JUST messaging someone through eBay to get an email address that is the problem or if you already know they're on the Boards, that is ok?

I appreciate your patience. However, your post (the one I quoted) made no mention of friends. Just MCS. If you know the seller, then odds are eBay is not the only place it's for sale. If you don't know the seller, odds are you'd have to break the eBay terms in order to contact them. And that's wrong.

Had no idea what any of this was, so just spent the last 30 minutes reading about Ned Kelly, bushrangers, the Outback, Ayers Rock and Australian population densities. The above post was the best this thread had to offer.

:acclaim:

In all seriousness though, I'm biased, but I find this history pretty fascinating. (Our indigenous are one of the oldest cultures on earth, but the Brits colonised and disgustingly declared terra nullius. The majority of the recorded events are from that point on and, from that perspective on we are a young nation, and don't have deep history).

I'm still trying to make up my mind as to whether or not I liked the movie... But, I think the 6.5 IMDb rating is probably fair.

I've working in the cold and rain all day. Can I get an update by someone not named Greggy?

We've reached the "Going Down in a Blaze of Glory" portion of Vger's evolution....

blaze-of-glory-o.gif

You don't know me lol

I know that you are short on logic.

I know that you that you like to judge people without evidence.

I know that you don't like to talk about racist policies from history.

I know that you are afraid.

It's all displayed in this thread. And for what? Just so you can buy and sell comic books.

:popcorn:

-slym

:popcorn:

Its almost funny that Vger went to such lengths to prove he was not the guy on the PL just to blow his reputation anyway with FDQ antics.

Its almost funny that Vger went to such lengths to prove he was not the guy on the PL just to blow his reputation anyway with FDQ antics.

What rep? Only rep he showed is that he is just another run of the mill jerk, just like the millions of others

Had no idea what any of this was, so just spent the last 30 minutes reading about Ned Kelly, bushrangers, the Outback, Ayers Rock and Australian population densities. The above post was the best this thread had to offer.

:acclaim:

In all seriousness though, I'm biased, but I find this history pretty fascinating. (Our indigenous are one of the oldest cultures on earth, but the Brits colonised and disgustingly declared terra nullius. The majority of the recorded events are from that point on and, from that perspective on we are a young nation, and don't have deep history).

I'm still trying to make up my mind as to whether or not I liked the movie... But, I think the 6.5 IMDb rating is probably fair.

What about the Mick Jagger version?