• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you have a collecting nemesis?

60 posts in this topic

I can't say that either is a nemesis because our budgets are much different, but there is a very high degree in taste overlap. Pretty much anything Ron Sonenthal and Gary Land.buy I would like.

I feel the same, just switch out those names with Stephen Fishler and a focus on SA Infantino Flash

I'm very friendly with John Bamber but one time when I lived in the UK, were were both a show and darn if EVERY single artist table I went to, there was John ahead of me, over and over and over, all day long. He "gazzumphed" me every single time. John is great and to this day, we laugh at the memory.

I used to have a collecting nemesis years ago when it came to original card art (sketchagraphs, sketch cards, etc.) but I am out of that hobby.

I honestly don't view any of the other Iron Man or Avengers collectors as my nemesis or close to it. Just other guys with similar interests in a similar boat, all trying to find good art.

Sure at times we compete with each other on a friendly basis and other times we form a secret cabal called the Guild of the Seekers of Order Through Collusive Manipulation in order to control as much of the Iron Man and Avengers art market as we can.

(sorry couldn't help it :) )

well, Im thinking of changing direction with my collecting,

this calls to me...

Doc Joes new focus - maybe....

But I know Gene has been collecting this for a long time and is considered one of the biggest black hole collectors out there, so it may not be a good line to pursue

Hey now, I called dibs on the next Charles and Di signed photo since I backed off of that lovely Andrew & Fergie one you bought. (tsk)

well, Im thinking of changing direction with my collecting,

this calls to me...

Doc Joes new focus - maybe....

But I know Gene has been collecting this for a long time and is considered one of the biggest black hole collectors out there, so it may not be a good line to pursue

Hey now, I called dibs on the next Charles and Di signed photo since I backed off of that lovely Andrew & Fergie one you bought. (tsk)

You two continue talking non-(comics)OA in a OA forum...I'll be forced to pull out my Juxtapoz/Hi-Fructose, Self-Taught/Outsider, Haitian, German/Mexican/Italian Pulp Art, (budding) Florida Highwaymen, and Urban Street Art collections. Probably some other sht I plum forgot about too. All OA, of course. Consider this a warning: nobody wants that to happen ;)