• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

The Frazetta SS copies were all signed after his stroke.  He learned to draw with his other hand the last years of his life.  A lot of the great artists, writers etc. have passed on before there was such a thing as verified proof of signature.  I wonder, how much less that makes the autograph, say, on a Vampirella #1 worth (having met him, seen him sign the book, and yes he used his full name "Frank Frazetta" before the stroke.  Just curious, because I have a Vampirella comic he signed, it's in terrible condition but his full signature looks beautiful.

Also forgot to mention, I sold an Ace Paperback signed "Very Best!!! Frank Frazetta" for a buy it now price of $300. I wonder if I asked too low?  I wouldn't have sold it, but I needed the money at the time.  He did a few horror/fantasy shows in the /80s

Edited by NCAmother

Hard to say. Someone sold two Warren mags on eBay this year with Frank's signature. I think I linked to one somewhere in this thread. Both sold for around 200 and I recall one had to be relisted due to lack of a bid. That wouldn't happen with a CGC SS seal of approval.