• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

181 MIl Plus BUT WW TOTAL 678 MILLION...this movie is gonna have legs...I guranteee it will out gross super dog by 100 MILLION when all is said and done...gonna see it today...supergdog 9th at 1 mil at 865,450.000

Edited by Mmehdy

I think Cap might beat BVS just saying it lost opening week not the hit you thought it would be. I saw the movie its not as good as Avengers or Cap 1 and 2 and not as good as Iron-man 1 and 2 IMO. (shrug) BVS was not bad its 50/50 I just did not like Zacks destruction

Edited by woowoo

I dont care who beat who. I love movies like i love comics. I gave Cap a 6 out of 10 and BVS 5 out of 10. If Zack did not have all that destruction in his films it would be way better movie. Ben is going to help out in the new ones so i think that will make them better.

Edited by woowoo

I'm a DC guy, but I think Cap 3 was better than B vs S. It had more heart, and I really liked the new Spidey. Ant Man was great, too. The problem with Zack's movie is that looks like it was edited in a lettuce shredder. I'm hoping the directors cut helps in that regard, because it's a good but flawed movie.

I'm a DC guy, but I think Cap 3 was better than B vs S. It had more heart, and I really liked the new Spidey. Ant Man was great, too. The problem with Zack's movie is that looks like it was edited in a lettuce shredder. I'm hoping the directors cut helps in that regard, because it's a good but flawed movie.

I dont really like the Spider-man to young. Cap was more real and a little better.

I to am a DC guy.

Hey did you not just have a worlds finest up on the bay.

Edited by woowoo

Nope, no World's Finest. I did have a NY World's Fair 1940 a couple of weeks ago, and some Batman's right now(free plug).

Nope, no World's Finest. I did have a NY World's Fair 1940 a couple of weeks ago, and some Batman's right now(free plug).

Yup thats what i meant. I am just looking for Goldenage at good deals just to have.

I got my eye on your Batman 13 but the 49 is cool. (thumbs u

Thanks! I'm actually buying pre-code and movie posters lately, so I'm selling some of my Bat's. Most of them are so easy to rebuy so it's no big deal to me to sell them. I've bought and sold the same issues dozens of times.

Thanks! I'm actually buying pre-code and movie posters lately, so I'm selling some of my Bat's. Most of them are so easy to rebuy so it's no big deal to me to sell them. I've bought and sold the same issues dozens of times.

I like a lot of the big boys so pm before you put them up and we can both do good. :banana::whee::banana::whee::banana::whee::banana::whee::banana::whee:

I think Cap might beat BVS just saying it lost opening week not the hit you thought it would be.

actually it didn't lose opening week (or even weekend).

after 3 days its domestic gross is about 10% higher than BvS after 3 days.

considering its international totals, even if you think it will have 50% - 60% weekly drops, it will definitely pass BvS (perhaps as soon as next weekend), making Mitch's prediction a non prediction

I think Cap might beat BVS just saying it lost opening week not the hit you thought it would be.

considering its international totals, even if you think it will have 50% - 60% weekly drops, it will definitely pass BvS (perhaps as soon as next weekend), making Mitch's prediction a non prediction

http://www.showbiz411.com/2016/05/07/box-office-ouch-captain-america-civil-war-opens-lower-than-batman-v-superman

The review errs in presuming the early foreign release of Civil War was a strategic move to jump start Cap's BO. When I saw Winter Soldier back in 2014 we were on tour in Europe, and Cap opened in the UK a week before the U.S. opening on April 4th. That's right, the last Cap movie opened early in Europe too! In some thread there's a photo of me grinning in front of a central London theater showing Winter Soldier in late March, 2014. Ouch for the reviewer! Roger Friedman should've done his homework. :blush:

I highly suspect weekend grosses for Civil War will prove Mitch correct, ...and Cap'l have legs. After week one Supe looked more like Dorf on golf.

The review errs in presuming the early foreign release of Civil War was a strategic move to jump start Cap's BO. When I saw Winter Soldier back in 2014 we were on tour in Europe, and Cap opened in the UK a week before the U.S. opening on April 4th. That's right, the last Cap movie opened early in Europe too! In some thread there's a photo of me grinning in front of a central London theater showing Winter Soldier in late March, 2014. Ouch for the reviewer! Roger Friedman should've done his homework. :blush:

I highly suspect weekend grosses for Civil War will prove Mitch correct, ...and Cap'l have legs. After week one Supe looked more like Dorf on golf.

I make a motion for you to recuse yourself from this case!!!!!. you are a Cap lover therefore cant give an honest verdict :popcorn:

From the WSJ:

‘Batman’ Fails to Ride Debut Momentum

By BEN FRITZ

May 8, 2016 12:07 p.m. ET

In a sign of just how powerful word-of-mouth, social media and reviews are in the moviegoing business, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” has followed up its spectacular opening with a far-from-spectacular run at the box office.

The first in many movies from Time Warner Inc.’s Warner Bros. featuring its DC Comics superheroes enjoyed a very strong $422.5 million debut weekend in late March, the fourth-biggest world-wide opening of all time. The big-budget film, which starred Ben Affleck in a new version of Batman and introduced Wonder Woman to the big screen, overcame overwhelmingly negative reviews from critics.

But the huge initial interest—fueled by a successful marketing campaign and audience interest in a battle between two of the world’s most famous superheroes—quickly faded. “Batman v Superman” is now nearly done with its box office run and has grossed a total $867.3 million, barely double its opening weekend.

In the U.S. and Canada, the movie has grossed $327.3 million, less than twice its $166 million opening.

The final gross of a movie compared with its opening weekend, known in Hollywood as a “multiple,” is typically between 2.5 and three. For movies that audiences particularly love, the multiple can be even higher.

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” had the biggest global opening of all time with $529 million and went on to gross $2.07 billion, a multiple of nearly four.

“Batman v Superman” currently has the lowest multiple of any movie to open globally to more than $200 million, according to Box Office Mojo. Unless it manages to gross more than $895.7 million, which appears unlikely, it will hold on to that dubious title previously held by 2003’s widely maligned “The Matrix Revolutions.”

That is a sign audiences were widely dissatisfied with “Batman v Superman,” with fans not coming back for multiple showings and opening-weekend viewers not recommending it to friends and family.

And it is a reason for concern at Warner as its gears up to release follow-ups including “Suicide Squad” this summer and “Wonder Woman” and “Justice League” next year.

Still, a final gross of close to $900 million is an undeniable financial success for any movie. A Warner Bros. spokesman declined to comment.

civil war opened about 10% below ultron. ultron finished at 1.4 bil. it's a very rough extrapolation, but if that holds, we'd see a 1.26 bil finish for cap. because i expect it to have great legs/repeat viewing, i actually think that's quite possible. i only saw ultron once theatrically, and this one will get my money 3x, i imagine; i doubt i'm alone there.

I predict... Not one board member is gonna Perfer super dog over cap civil war... That is a statement as to the hack, I mean zack job that was done to the dc universes

Edited by Mmehdy

http://www.showbiz411.com/2016/05/07/box-office-ouch-captain-america-civil-war-opens-lower-than-batman-v-superman

Please note the key phrase from the article you cite - "last night".

BvS did make about $6 million more on Friday vs. Friday than Cap, but on Saturday Cap made about $10 million more than Bats, and on Sunday about $12 million more.

So Cap didn't lose the week or weekend, just a single day.

If anyone is really interested in keeping track, boxoffice mojo has an excellent comparison chart.

Cap vs Bat at the box office.