• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2022 at 3:51 PM, MR SigS said:

I overheard a conversation from a guy whose neighbor knew someone that read an unauthorized biography about an elderly lady who remembers backstage after her kindergarten play a story her great-grandfather told her classmate's mother where he was told by somebody, whose name he couldn't recall, that sometimes a "thumbs up" is used like "flipping the bird."

Mod notified.

I need a flow chart for this one.

On 7/12/2022 at 4:36 PM, Straw-Man said:

“flow” is offensive to some birthing persons.  mods both notified and, reportedly, horrified.  

Birthing person is offensive to several birthing people I know. Mods notified. 

I get it can be confusing when individuals do not follow traditional gender directions. I have a hard time getting my head around this at times.

I just don't think it is fair though to mock people in this situation, for whatever reason. It's a slippery slope how far you take that conversation. Other than down.

On 7/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

I get it can be confusing when individuals do not follow traditional gender directions. I have a hard time getting my head around this at times.

I just don't think it is fair though to mock people in this situation, for whatever reason. It's a slippery slope how far you take that conversation. Other than down.

To be fair, I know several women who find "birthing person" offensive because it goes to the old viewpoint that their only worth is being a baby factory.

So trying to be sensitive to one group, we've offended another one. The frustration is it seems like no matter what you say, someone will be angry.

Edited by D84

On 7/12/2022 at 6:00 PM, D84 said:

To be fair, I know several women who find "birthing person" offensive because it goes to the old viewpoint that their only worth is being a baby factory.

So trying to be sensitive to one group, we've offended another one. The frustration is it seems like no matter what you say, someone will be angry.

There are very troubled individuals out there, always looking for a cause to get angry over.

But with these individuals confused about their gender, we just don't always know what led to that confusion. Though potential abuse can be involved as one root cause who they are as individuals. So I stay away from the topic just to be more sensitive to the fact people need to find themselves at their own pace. I even have a niece that goes back and forth whether she is male or female. And depending on the timing she goes by one way or another. All I can do is clamp down on my tongue, and call her/him by the name they are comfortable with. It's not easy for the individual, nor the family.

Ezra Miller comes across as a very confused individual, and troubled. Personally, I'm just trying to avoid mocking his situation. It's horrible to read about.

On 7/12/2022 at 5:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

There are very troubled individuals out there, always looking for a cause to get angry over.

But with these individuals confused about their gender, we just don't always know what led to that confusion. Though potential abuse can be involved as one root cause who they are as individuals. So I stay away from the topic just to be more sensitive to the fact people need to find themselves at their own pace. I even have a niece that goes back and forth whether she is male or female. And depending on the timing she goes by one way or another. All I can do is clamp down on my tongue, and call her/him by the name they are comfortable with. It's not easy for the individual, nor the family.

Ezra Miller comes across as a very confused individual, and troubled. Personally, I'm just trying to avoid mocking his situation. It's horrible to read about.

Mocking that someone is always offended is not the same as mocking someone who is trans/gender fluid.

It sure seems like most of the people who are offended, are offended on someone else's behalf.

When I lived in Los Angeles, I was at a 7-11 around Santa Monica and Highland late one night and there was a guy outside, who asked me to buy him a hot dog and a drink. I did and we talked for a couple minutes before I went home.

A few days later, I was in the same area and a woman came up to me and started dancing around. I had no clue who it was. She stopped me and explained that she was the guy from the other night. I was so embarrassed that I didn't recognize the person.

From that time on, we'd run into each other and I'd buy food.

We discussed several things about being trans (besides movies, crazy stuff in La La Land) and I'll admit, I mixed up pronouns several times. They didn't care because I viewed them as a person.

How many of the people who call others out for using the wrong pronoun would even stop to talk to a trans/gender fluid person? They just want to virtue signal.

As to Ezra Miller, I hope he gets the help he needs, and that has nothing to do with being gender fluid. It's the anger issues that are having violent manifestations.

Edited by D84

"I was so embarrassed that I didn't recognize the person."

You shouldn't be embarrassed. Maybe his hair was a different color and I assume he/she/they wasn't wearing makeup the first time you met. I have met co-workers on the street who didn't recognize me because I wasn't wearing my uniform.

"We discussed several things about being trans (besides movies, crazy stuff in La La Land) and I'll admit, I mixed up pronouns several times. They didn't care because I viewed them as a person."

Well, you were kind enough to buy him/her/they/ dinner.

"How many of the people who call others out for using the wrong pronoun would even stop to talk to a trans/gender fluid person? They just want to virtue signal."

Thats true, but if they don't call out others, people might confuse them as Voldemort's and they could lose their friends and maybe even their job.

"As to Ezra Miller, I hope he gets the help he needs, and that has nothing to do with being gender fluid. It's the anger issues that are having violent manifestations"

Whew! That was a close one. I am glad you clarified that.  :foryou:

On 7/12/2022 at 3:51 PM, MR SigS said:

I overheard a conversation from a guy whose neighbor knew someone that read an unauthorized biography about an elderly lady who remembers backstage after her kindergarten play a story her great-grandfather told her classmate's mother where he was told by somebody, whose name he couldn't recall, that sometimes a "thumbs up" is used like "flipping the bird."

Mod notified.

In some countries it is.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

WB-Discovery needs to lock Ezra Miller in a jail cell somewhere with no internet access before this film comes out. Otherwise, he is the toxic distractor they don't need.

I absolutely agree.  My first reaction to this was:

1463045646_ScreenShot2022-07-29at9_10_56AM.thumb.png.beb8a3d8ab43d063d772aff93380b84d.png

"oh god, what did he do now?"

It SHOULD be, "What's new with this movie?"

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/29/2022 at 9:12 AM, Buzzetta said:

I absolutely agree.  My first reaction to this was:

1463045646_ScreenShot2022-07-29at9_10_56AM.thumb.png.beb8a3d8ab43d063d772aff93380b84d.png

"oh god, what did he do now?"

It SHOULD be, "What's new with this movie?"

It's become too much of the norm with his behavior. I went from 'maybe there is something else going on to' to 'OH LORD - making him stop' in short order.

On 8/2/2022 at 9:11 PM, WolverineX said:

So batgirl is gone but this mess is still on?

I was thinking the same thing, but this has a much bigger budget, and has scored well at test screenings. Batgirl is less of a financial loss, and apparently didn't go over well with test screenings.

By all accounts, test screenings have received positive reactions. Taking your opinion of Miller's personal life out of the equation, what would be a "mess" of The Flash?

On 8/3/2022 at 6:47 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

By all accounts, test screenings have received positive reactions. Taking your opinion of Miller's personal life out of the equation, what would be a "mess" of The Flash?

Consistently!

I keep reading this like there's some sort of equivalency.  There really isn't.  And I'm making no comments or judgments about the respective quality of the respective films which I have not seen.