• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,177 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2022 at 9:27 AM, MAR1979 said:

Perhaps the more apropos pronoun for Ezra might be "D-Bag" ?

As I said on Mar 14 Warner should have cut bait a half-decade back.  Perhaps they can still CGI in Grant Gustin who seemingly is everyone's choice, including mine, to be the Flash regardless of Film or TV.

I'm for :censored:bag being Miller's pronoun. I tell people mine is :censored:hole.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:26 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

So Amber Heard is out of Aquaman 2 but they are going to release this weirdos movie?  Making no sense...

The Aquaman 2 thing is just a rumor. Warner Bros. hasn't confirmed her firing.

just read that no more Miller as the Flash, all projects likely to be shelved that contained him

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/reports-warner-bros-not-cast-101539694.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

that Flash movie is still projected for june 2023. $200 million in already but I doubt we see the movie. What will happen with Miller next, this is a year away and this behavior just gets worse and worse

On 6/20/2022 at 10:06 AM, Economy Joe said:

just read that no more Miller as the Flash, all projects likely to be shelved that contained him

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/reports-warner-bros-not-cast-101539694.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

that Flash movie is still projected for june 2023. $200 million in already but I doubt we see the movie. What will happen with Miller next, this is a year away and this behavior just gets worse and worse

I wonder if they could reshoot the scenes if it concerns WB that much?

They have $200 million invested in filming.  That does not include advertising. (I think).  If they think that Ezra Miller is only going to behave even more poorly then and that it might affect the performance of the movie, do you spend another $20 million in reshoots to digitally insert a new actor into the roll and delay the film for another year. 

At this point WB must think with financially. 

Sometimes it is seamless as evidenced by Christopher Plummer taking on the role that Kevin Spacey originally filmed for, "All the Money in the World" with Plummer even winning an Academy Award for the portrayal.  

On 6/20/2022 at 10:06 AM, Economy Joe said:

Note that the article says all projects with Miller *after* release of The Flash - meaning they'll likely release the film largely as is, but recast him either in the final moments (a la when Colin Farrell became Johnny Depp in the final moments of Fantastic Beasts) or simply recast him after the film.

With the multiverse and/or Flashpoint storyline, could easily replace him in a post-credits sequence.

On 6/20/2022 at 10:26 AM, Gatsby77 said:

With the multiverse and/or Flashpoint storyline, could easily replace him in a post-credits sequence.

I was explaining this to my wife they could just tack on a scene where a different flash steps out of a portal and here he is

On 6/20/2022 at 12:03 PM, media_junkie said:

Wonder if the new CEO has thought about taking the loss and just dumping it on HBOMax and kill any additional advertising.  

I am sure it was considered.  However, there is the Michael Keaton factor.  If it was a one and done thing I could very easily see this as an option.  But with Keaton returning AGAIN in Batgirl, they might want to make more of his appearance here and have the theatrical exposure. 

On 6/20/2022 at 11:15 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Because it forces me to stay for every movie's credits. :cry: I'd rather leave 10 mins earlier. lol

I don't sit through credits because any post credits scene will be online before opening weekend is over.

On 6/20/2022 at 12:10 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am sure it was considered.  However, there is the Michael Keaton factor.  If it was a one and done thing I could very easily see this as an option.  But with Keaton returning AGAIN in Batgirl, they might want to make more of his appearance here and have the theatrical exposure. 

It's likely more complicated than that - that the director, Miller, Keaton and others have contracts structured with gross points and/or box office incentive payments that may require a theatrical release.

If they go with a streaming-only release or even a non-wide theatrical release they probably open themselves up to multiple lawsuits, a la Scarlett Johansson & Black Widow.

Looks like the family of another 12 year old has attained a protective order against Miller.

'Flash' star Ezra Miller hit with temporary protection order by family of 12-year-old in Massachusetts: report

I know WB has put a ton of money into the movie and as was pointed out above there are contracts involved and everything, but when is the bad press (of some pretty serious magnitude) too much to go forward?

Edited by media_junkie