• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,177 posts in this topic

@Bosco685 Might know this... Is there a precedent for scrapping a movie of this magnitude due to the severity of the alleged actions of the star in the history of film?

The situation that immediately came to mind was roles involving OJ Simpson.  However, Naked Gun 33 1/3 was released months before the murders and the TF Pilot Frogmen was never aired due to a combination of doubt whether to release it at all and then due to the murders.   That was a TV series and the entire project supposedly remains in the custody of the LA PD. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 2.12.52 PM.png

On 6/20/2022 at 2:14 PM, Buzzetta said:

@Bosco685 Might know this... Is there a precedent for scrapping a movie of this magnitude due to the severity of the alleged actions of the star in the history of film?

The situation that immediately came to mind was roles involving OJ Simpson.  However, Naked Gun 33 1/3 was released months before the murders and the TF Pilot Frogmen was never aired due to a combination of doubt whether to release it at all and then due to the murders.   That was a TV series and the entire project supposedly remains in the custody of the LA PD. 

Spoiler

There are only a few that were never released yet finished. I would say the 1994 Fantastic Four that was finished and the producer purchased it so it would never be released.

Finished Films The Public Never Got To See

On 6/20/2022 at 2:04 PM, Bosco685 said:

There are only a few that were never released yet finished. I would say the 1994 Fantastic Four that was finished and the producer purchased it so it would never be released.

there's the Louis CK film I love you daddy is probably a good example

Initially, I wasn't much interested in this film.  I know others enjoyed it, but personally I didn't at all care for Miller's interpretation of the Flash.

When it leaked that Michael Keaton was reprising Batman in this movie, I was surprised by the wave of nostalgia I felt.  At that point I started getting excited about this movie and going to see it in the theater.

But the combination of Miller's personal problems and the reveal that Keaton is also going to be in the Batgirl TV show have pretty much killed my enthusiasm for this.

Not that I have anything against the Batgirl show itself, just wasn't really interested in it and finding out Keaton's going to be in that too idk, somehow just makes his appearance in this film seem a little less special.  Plus, I'm getting that MCU/Star Wars vibe that this is going to a commitment to watch a bunch of movies and TV shows to keep up and I'm just not interested in that anymore.

And while I generally try and separate an actor's personal life from their performance, I personally found Miller's take on the Flash to be awkward and twitchy.  As such, it would be really hard not to think of his personal issues while watching this film.

But maybe the trailer can get me excited for this again.  We'll see.  

Edited by Number 6

On 6/20/2022 at 3:04 PM, Bosco685 said:

On 6/20/2022 at 3:58 PM, jsilverjanet said:

there's the Louis CK film I love you daddy is probably a good example

Yeah, that's what I am looking for.  Something where someone committed such a heinous act or were accused of one that they cancelled the release of the project. 

On 6/20/2022 at 11:14 AM, Buzzetta said:

Once OJ finds the real killers, I hope they'll release this.

On 6/20/2022 at 5:21 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Once OJ finds the real killers, I hope they'll release this.

"Well, it's finally official.  Murder is now legal in the state of California."

Ahhh Norm... 

On 6/20/2022 at 4:10 PM, Number 6 said:

Initially, I wasn't much interested in this film.  I know others enjoyed it, but personally I didn't at all care for Miller's interpretation of the Flash.

When it leaked that Michael Keaton was reprising Batman in this movie, I was surprised by the wave of nostalgia I felt.  At that point I started getting excited about this movie and going to see it in the theater.

But the combination of Miller's personal problems and the reveal that Keaton is also going to be in the Batgirl TV show have pretty much killed my enthusiasm for this.

Not that I have anything against the Batgirl show itself, just wasn't really interested in it and finding out Keaton's going to be in that too idk, somehow just makes his appearance in this film seem a little less special.  Plus, I'm getting that MCU/Star Wars vibe that this is going to a commitment to watch a bunch of movies and TV shows to keep up and I'm just not interested in that anymore.

And while I generally try and separate an actor's personal life from their performance, I personally found Miller's take on the Flash to be awkward and twitchy.  As such, it would be really hard not to think of his personal issues while watching this film.

But maybe the trailer can get me excited for this again.  We'll see.  

I think that it's a Batgirl movie, not a series.

If you want to really go back in film history, the very expensive I, Claudius directed by Von Sternberg and starring Charles Laughton was cancelled after an actress had a car accident, and infighting between the director and Laughton.

http://www.oldhollywoodfilms.com/2016/07/i-claudius-1937.html

Edited by Larryw7

On 6/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, D84 said:

I'm not paying to read the article, so my question is: does the article explain if the father is so concerned, why didn't he call CPS?

It does not. From what I gathered this family is from Hawaii and Ezra's farm is in Vermont.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:39 PM, grendelbo said:

It does not. From what I gathered this family is from Hawaii and Ezra's farm is in Vermont.

Still, this one seems a little funny. They are staying at Ezra's place, why can't they lock the guns and ammo away? It's not like Miller's there or the papers would have been served already.

On 6/23/2022 at 8:04 PM, D84 said:

Still, this one seems a little funny. They are staying at Ezra's place, why can't they lock the guns and ammo away? It's not like Miller's there or the papers would have been served already.

Some of the recent stories have said he brandished guns in front of people, and made some threatening statements. So I do not think it is that far fetched.  

Complaints about their behavior in Europe are coming in.  Ezra is accused of choking someone in Iceland. 

I have to be honest.  If things like this keep popping up, it becomes a novelty sideshow to see how much of the storm WB is willing to weather.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ezra-miller-iceland-choking-germany-harassment-1235307056/

Edited by Buzzetta