• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

The reason Keaton's cameo in Aquaman was cancelled because his character's intro is supposed to be in The Flash, but because the release date was changed, Batman in the DC universe is still Ben Affleck. I want to see Keaton, but it wouldn't bother me if Affleck stays on, or if Reeves Batman universe is incorporated into the DC universe.

On 8/17/2022 at 6:18 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 8/16/2022 at 2:57 PM, Larryw7 said:

...Reeves Batman universe is incorporated into the DC universe.

Luckily, Reeves has no interest in that. Pattinson's Batman just doesn't fit in such a fantastical environment.

I am really fighting the urge to say something not so nice about the Reeves/Pattinson film, but I will hold off because if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all...........

On 8/17/2022 at 1:59 PM, kimik said:

I am really fighting the urge to say something not so nice about the Reeves/Pattinson film, but I will hold off because if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all...........

Kravitz's Catwoman sucks. There, now you go. lol

On 8/17/2022 at 12:59 PM, kimik said:

My review of The Batman

483215748_PRETENTIOUSANDBORING.thumb.png.4b566e158a9915d84a80cfa7dad0d8b9.png

I've always wanted a Batman detective movie. The concept of a serial killer was good, but Matt Reeves discount Se7en showed he lacks the talent and understanding of the tension that made that film work.

Also, having the Riddler as a Zodiac knock-off always seemed dumb. The mystic of the Zodiac is not really knowing who did it. We know it's the Riddler so there's no mystery. That would be like at the beginning of The Usual Suspects, Kevin Spacey looks into the camera and says I'm Kyser Soze.

Honestly, I hope the sequel goes the way of Batgirl.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:25 PM, D84 said:

My review of The Batman

483215748_PRETENTIOUSANDBORING.thumb.png.4b566e158a9915d84a80cfa7dad0d8b9.png

I've always wanted a Batman detective movie. The concept of a serial killer was good, but Matt Reeves discount Se7en showed he lacks the talent and understanding of the tension that made that film work.

Also, having the Riddler as a Zodiac knock-off always seemed dumb. The mystic of the Zodiac is not really knowing who did it. We know it's the Riddler so there's no mystery. That would be like at the beginning of The Usual Suspects, Kevin Spacey looks into the camera and says I'm Kyser Soze.

Honestly, I hope the sequel goes the way of Batgirl.

Is there anything you’ve liked in the past 50 years ?

On 8/17/2022 at 9:50 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Is there anything you’ve liked in the past 50 years ?

The last 50 years? I'll limit it to movies. Let's see...

Batman Begins, Iron Man, Black Panther, The Dark Knight, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Se7en, Dune: Part One, Man of Steel, 21 Bridges, Those Who Wish Me Dead, Blade, Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan, Zodiac, Army of Darkness, The Accountant, The Meg, John Carter, RED, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocal, Wonder Woman, John Wick, Zack Snyder's Justice League, Spy Game, The Thing, Tombstone, Take of Pelham 123, Wolfen, Shazam!, Spider-Man, The Lincoln Lawyer, Ghostbusters, Flatliners, The Crow, Deadpool, Amazon Women on the Moon, The Great Mouse Detective, Shallow Grave, X-Men United, The Terminator, Rush Hour, Logan, The Score, Johnny English, Batman v Superman, Aliens, Deep Blue Sea, Escape from New York, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Constantine, American Made, Young Guns 2, Spaced Invaders, Despicable Me, Ronin, Wag the Dog, Drowning Mona, Music and Lyrics, Guardians of the Galaxy, Office Space, Kindergarten Cop, Before Sunrise, etc.

That's off the top of my head. I can come up with many more if you'd like.

Edited by D84

On 8/17/2022 at 2:25 PM, D84 said:

That's actually a good point. There wasn't any tension in The Batman (aside from the Riddler jail scene, which was an 'homage' to The Dark Knight). There was a lot of tension in Se7en.

I despise The Riddler's lack of being recognizable as The Riddler.

On 8/18/2022 at 1:07 AM, D84 said:

The last 50 years? I'll limit it to movies. Let's see...

Batman Begins, Iron Man, Black Panther, The Dark Knight, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Se7en, Dune: Part One, Man of Steel, 21 Bridges, Those Who Wish Me Dead, Blade, Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan, Zodiac, Army of Darkness, The Accountant, The Meg, John Carter, RED, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocal, Wonder Woman, John Wick, Zack Snyder's Justice League, Spy Game, The Thing, Tombstone, Take of Pelham 123, Wolfen, Shazam!, Spider-Man, The Lincoln Lawyer, Ghostbusters, Flatliners, The Crow, Deadpool, Amazon Women on the Moon, The Great Mouse Detective, Shallow Grave, X-Men United, The Terminator, Rush Hour, Logan, The Score, Johnny English, Batman v Superman, Aliens, Deep Blue Sea, Escape from New York, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Constantine, American Made, Young Guns 2, Spaced Invaders, Despicable Me, Ronin, Wag the Dog, Drowning Mona, Music and Lyrics, Guardians of the Galaxy, Office Space, Kindergarten Cop, Before Sunrise, etc.

That's off the top of my head. I can come up with many more if you'd like.

The Meg? What? lol

On 8/17/2022 at 9:27 PM, Straw-Man said:

i love that you called they the he they are.

For the person in question, IMHO no pronouns should be used going forward. The only reference to that person should be D****** Bag aka DeeeeeeeeeeeBaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggg as it is the only accurate representation.  After all D-BAG is as D-BAG does.

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/18/2022 at 11:07 AM, MAR1979 said:

For the person in question, IMHO no pronouns should be used going forward. The only reference to that person should be D****** Bag aka DeeeeeeeeeeeBaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggg as it is the only accurate representation.  After all D-BAG is as D-BAG does.

Or we could use Billy Butcher's universal pronoun, c:censored:t.