• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

It’s a pretty sad state of affairs when the most popular discussion in movies is which movie is next to be “the worst”.

A very far cry from how things were 5 years ago.

On 7/21/2023 at 2:56 PM, Dr. Balls said:

It’s a pretty sad state of affairs when the most popular discussion in movies is which movie is next to be “the worst”.

A very far cry from how things were 5 years ago.

Nothing lasts forever.

If you're quoting Black Widow from "Age of Ultron", you've quoted the ironic prophesy perfectly.

The MCU had the magic formula (for the most part) between 2008-2019.  Now it's pretty much over save for a few cool things here and there.

Sigh.

On 7/21/2023 at 7:28 PM, kimik said:

DIS needs to realize that the MCU is a failure outside of the X-Men and focus all of their resources on that property so I can unload my stash of books at obscene prices. 

Might be time for Feige to go and get some new blood. Time to change course, and if they mess.ip the X-Men, comic movies will be dead for at least 10 to 15 years.

I finally saw it. It was... not good. There were definitely parts of goodness in it - the scene with his mom has been mentioned, so I don't think I'm spoiling anything, and that was actually really great. A lot of the humor fell really flat though. I thought I was going to hate the treatment of Supergirl, and I was actually pleasantly surprised there too. But overall, it just felt like a bit of a mess to me.

On 7/21/2023 at 8:47 PM, drotto said:

Might be time for Feige to go and get some new blood. Time to change course, and if they mess.ip the X-Men, comic movies will be dead for at least 10 to 15 years.

If that does occur looks for pretty much all but "keys of keys" and outliers to negatively breach 2019 FMV's - perhaps even 2015 FMV's on on some stuff. As a collector and not a seller, I say bring it on!

Edited by MAR1979

I was going to rent this through Prime last night but didn't. I think I'll wait until it's streaming for free somewhere.

On 7/24/2023 at 5:39 AM, Boozad said:

I was going to rent this through Prime last night but didn't. I think I'll wait until it's streaming for free somewhere.

If a DC comic book movie sucks, it usually ends up being provided free on Prime.

Recent examples being Wonder Woman 1984, Whedon’s Justice League, and the especially craptastic Harley Quinn movie.

INDIEWIRE: With ‘The Flash’ Leading VOD, Warner Bros. Discovery Gets Another #1 Film

With a troubled history and soft box office, DC Comics’ “The Flash” ($19.99) on PVOD gives Warner Bros. its second #1 film right now.

As “Barbie” comes off a $162 million domestic opening in theaters, “The Flash” takes the top spot at all three VOD charts this week, just over a month after debuting in theaters. Never mind that “Barbie” made more in its opening weekend than “The Flash” did in its under-$110 million domestic run, on a movie with twice the production cost.