• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

I promptly paid for GotG on streaming because I wanted to see it and it had pretty good reception. Ant-Man did not, so I waited - same thing with The Flash. I want to see it, but I ain't payin a premium for it.

On 7/29/2023 at 8:22 AM, media_junkie said:

Maybe it is his wild and luxurious mane of hair throwing me off, but dude looks like he has a HUGE head on that body.

No. It was more a normal size male physique rather than the bulky modern superhero look.

On 7/26/2023 at 9:09 AM, kimik said:

How was GotG 3? I have not seen it and am leery that there is too much forced humor like GotG 2, Ragnarok and Love & Thunder.

I give it a 6 out of 10. Not as good as either of the previous films: GoTg 1 = 8/10, GoTG 2= 7/10.

GoTG 3 does have quite a bit of the forced humor you mentioned. Example: I saw no reason for the multi-colored space suits it was just a gimmick included in the film for laughs.

The High Evolutionary comes across as very "over the top" in my opinion.

HCM-23927_R2.webp

On 8/18/2023 at 3:22 PM, Artboy99 said:

The High Evolutionary comes across as very "over the top" in my opinion.

I kinda liked the over-the-top freaking out by HE, he brought hood bad guy vibes - much better than Kang.

GotG 3 had a lot of yelling though. It was like an episode of Archer. Hard to watch things where half of the dialogue is being yelled. That was my hangup about it.

I did like this. It is not a bad film and it is nice to see a superhero film that has different story than the normal new big bad guy arrives and hero has to defeat him and save the world. I think Ezra is a good Flash but too bad he did all that crazy stuff which hurt the success of the film. So many people already has a reason to hate film without seeing it.

Watched it over the weekend on HBO and I'm glad I didn't see it at the theater or buy it on disc.  I wasn't sure what to expect and tried to keep an open mind, but it just didn't grab me.  Hard to put my finger on why, but I kept wanting to change the channel on go back to a college football game instead of watching it.  I did like seeing Michael Keaton as Batman though.  

Psy

On 8/28/2023 at 8:57 AM, PsylockeSmythe said:

Watched it over the weekend on HBO and I'm glad I didn't see it at the theater or buy it on disc.  I wasn't sure what to expect and tried to keep an open mind, but it just didn't grab me.  Hard to put my finger on why, but I kept wanting to change the channel on go back to a college football game instead of watching it.  I did like seeing Michael Keaton as Batman though.  

Psy

Same here. I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt but in my mind, easy to see why this bombed.

1. Ezra Miller. Even before his "shenanigan's" I found him to be very annoying in almost all of his movie roles. Worst casting in the Snyderverse. And we had "two" of him for most of the film.

2. Crappy effects and the baby scene. Honestly, that part almost made me want to stop right then and there. I know they were going for a neat way to show just how fast he is, but X-Men did it way better with better effects...The baby scene was just...Stupid. Oh and so was the "calorie counter" on his suit and watching him stuff his face. Played for jokes but wasn't funny.

3. They made Michael Keaton's Batman a joke at the beginning, some weirdo recluse with no background as to how he came to be that way. They give Nic Cage a primo cameo and nothing for Cavil? Disrespectful.

4. The story had some originality to it, but it was another super hero origin story with a dead parent angle. Too bad they didn't tie it somehow into the "Injustice" vision that Snyder had instead of what we got...But obviously couldn't do that without Cavil.

5. Throughout the whole film, you know that the story doesn't "matter". I know you could say that about lots of movies but a movie "built" on interconnectedness to a "dead" franchise, diminishes the investment in the character and story.

Anyway, at best it was another average super hero movie with an unlikeable actor. Not even Michael Keaton could save it.

...I did however, again, like Affleck as Batman...Shame he won't get a solo flick as the caped crusader.

the hits just keep on coming

DC’s The Flash, the Justice League spinoff movie starring Ezra Miller in the title role, pulled in 1.1M US households in it’s Live+2 Day window on Max per Samba TV. The Andy Muschietti directed Warner Bros. title hit Warners streaming service on Aug. 25.

That figure is -8% from the weekend debut of Black Adam during Dec. 16-18 which clocked 1.2M U.S. households.