• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2023 at 8:43 PM, MAR1979 said:

:butbutbutemoji: it tested well a year ago. To quote the Joker; HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IMHO Batgirl would have done better that this piece of ripe tripe with the colossal deeeee baggggg lead. They should have CGI'd Gustin into the role!

But you would know it was Gustin's face CGI, because there is no way to cover up that Ezra running.

On 7/10/2023 at 12:37 PM, Zonker said:

I hope anyone worried about the microwaved baby watches this clip.  It makes it clear the filmmakers were going for an extended sight gag here, and in the theatre showing I attended, I would say it mostly worked.  I recall a lot of laughter at this point, including from the wife & daughter.  

"OMG- falling babies... what could be worse!?"
"Wait... he's stopping for a snack instead of rescuing them?  What possibly could be worse?"
"OMG NOT THE BABY IN THE MICROWAVE!!!"  :ohnoez:

It might also be a callback to the infamous Letita Lerner, Superman's Babysitter.  The comic that got pulped because Paul Levitz didn't think the audience could handle a (Kryptonian) baby-in-the-microwave gag in 1999.

Microwave off-limits. Drugging up a baby with horse tranq's was just fine.

image.thumb.png.e09d49d0a104afb1ca0a3ef5c50858ca.png

Electrocution via chewing on power cord also OK

image.thumb.png.6ca9c4c1f09a035de709da065081e041.png

Edited by MAR1979

It’s known the ending of The Flash was changed from featuring Henry Cavill as Superman side by side Sasha Calle as Supergirl and Michael Keaton as Batman to nixing all that and featuring George Clooney as Batman. But that’s not all.

Man of Steel 2 details
Man of Steel 2 was going to feature Henry Cavill as Superman with Sasha Calle as Supergirl against Brainiac in a more inspired and positive movie.

I’ve been told there was even talk about getting Chris McQuarrie back to direct (Cavill’s Mission Impossible director who is crushing it with this week’s release of Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One).

Recall that Cavill and McQuarrie pitched Man of Steel 2, but I believe it was Walter Hamada who turned it down. McQuarrie seemed really pissed about things and said he would never be directing a Superman movie. However, Hamada got the boot. Enter Mike DeLuca who would have brought Chris McQuarrie back, assuming McQuarrie wanted to.

Who’s Mike DeLuca?
Well, not only is Mike DeLuca currently in charge of Warner Bros. Pictures, but DeLuca is a huge comic book fan, and DeLuca is responsible for getting the Blade movies made and I’m told for even getting David S. Goyer his start (Goyer’s blog goes over things), with Goyer of course, going on to write the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel with Zack Snyder. I’m told the cut of The Flash that Mike DeLuca oversaw is considered a “masterpiece.” It’s a beautiful movie with a beautiful ending. So from what I am told, DeLuca’s version of The Flash would have led to all the big plans for DC that we have been hearing about prior to the newly announced DCU.

The real ending of The Flash
The real ending of The Flash would have been a real tear-jerker and a heartfelt ending. The real ending of The Flash sees Henry Cavill as Superman alive with Sasha Calle as Supergirl who realizes that her cousin is not dead, and they would have gone to team up and star together in Man of Steel 2 against Brainiac on the big screen in an epic movie. Michael Keaton as Batman is shown there along with them, and the Batman Beyond movie would have gotten made.

However, the original plan was NOT to have Michael Keaton replace Ben Affleck. Ben Affleck was to get his own movie versus the Joe Manganiello Deathstroke, which was Affleck’s version of The Batman.

When Barry resets things, the real ending of The Flash does not wipe out the Ben Affleck Batman. It shows Ben Affleck trapped within the Multiverse, where Bruce Wayne is seen knowing he’s trapped and says something to Barry like, “What about me?! Don’t forget about me!” which is a nod to that Bruce and Barry scene that Zack Snyder came up with in Batman vs. Superman where Barry is in the Speed Force/Multiverse appearing to Bruce, but the real ending of The Flash has Affleck trapped screaming for help.

I also believe while Bruce would know that he is trapped and is seen calling to Barry for help, at the end of The Flash movie, Barry does not realize that his friend is trapped somewhere in the Multiverse, which if you think about it, is rather horrific and very emotional and sad all at the same time, because Barry is the only one who can save him.

On 7/19/2023 at 11:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I already made a fake #ReleaseTheMuschiettiCut for Discord. (tsk)

Too many years which allowed for ever-changing leadership to strongly influence the content and direction.

I had a good time with this movie. But it's clear there was something much stronger buried in the details that may have appeased more than a few expectations.

On 7/19/2023 at 11:46 AM, Bosco685 said:

Too many years which allowed for ever-changing leadership to strongly influence the content and direction.

I had a good time with this movie. But it's clear there was something much stronger buried in the details that may have appeased more than a few expectations.

I think I see why people improperly compared it to how good TDK is; Ezra Miller's performance. The narrative isn't a standout, but his acting definitely is. "You're gonna go back to kill mom!?" Dude has screen presence.

On 7/19/2023 at 9:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I already made a fake #ReleaseTheMuschiettiCut for Discord. (tsk)

#ReleaseTheGustinCut could get some traction.

The real ending of #TheFlash featured Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman trapped in time, which would have led to his own Batman movie, as well as #ManofSteel 2, #BatmanBeyond and lots more https://t.co/RrSH6DerXw

— Cosmic Book News - Matt McGloin (@cosmicbooknews) July 17, 2023

On 7/19/2023 at 1:51 PM, Larryw7 said:

What the hell is wrong with Warner Bros.?

I'm no DC expert, but that seems like a pretty bangin' premise for alternate universe movies.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:24 AM, Dr. Balls said:

The real ending of #TheFlash featured Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman trapped in time, which would have led to his own Batman movie, as well as #ManofSteel 2, #BatmanBeyond and lots more https://t.co/RrSH6DerXw

— Cosmic Book News - Matt McGloin (@cosmicbooknews) July 17, 2023

I'm no DC expert, but that seems like a pretty bangin' premise for alternate universe movies.

Batfleck being "trapped in time" is... The most interesting aspect of that statement. I would love to have seen how that logic worked out.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:27 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Batfleck being "trapped in time" is... The most interesting aspect of that statement. I would love to have seen how that logic worked out.

Gotham by Gaslight, (was) coming to a theatre near you!