• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 7/31/2021 at 8:46 AM, Oddball said:

Flash literally in the back seat in his own movie. Wonder whose driving?

Batman of course.  Seems like that is WBs go to move.

"Hmmm, Man of Steel didn't do the numbers we wanted, how do we fix that?  Add Batman!"

"Hmmm, We are not sure about this new Flash project, how do we fix it?  Add Batman!  No, we have done that, we need something new.  Add three Batmans!  Brilliant!"

On 7/31/2021 at 8:35 AM, media_junkie said:

Seriously, all the news I've heard about it has only been about Batman/Batmen.

I take comfort in once we all saw Zack Snyder's Justice League it turned out Cyborg and Flash were the big stars.

So holding off on Flash/Barry Allen details may end up being bigger surprises.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

I take comfort in once we all saw Zack Snyder's Justice League it turned out Cyborg and Flash were the big stars.

So holding off on Flash/Barry Allen details may end up being bigger surprises.

Totally agree. Plus, it feels like they’ve had a “plan” for this movie for longer than almost any other.. and, of course the pandemic messed with scheduling, but they’ve really been able to take their time with deliberate development.  And since everything we have seen looks good, I think it’s very much worth trusting what’s to come.

As a bonus? I can’t help but think that all the Marvel stuff with the multiverse - Loki, and then Spider-Man and Doctor Strange 2 coming out BEFORE this movie, audiences will be primed for not only accepting but UNDERSTANDING a complex multiversal story without having to have had a long set up.  That really servers them well. 

On 8/3/2021 at 8:58 AM, Bosco685 said:

I've been reading that. But so afraid to get my hopes up.

Yeah, that's why I bolded "rumors". It would be exciting if true, but I don't want anyone to be disappointed if untrue. I think that The Flash will be exciting regardless.

It will be interesting after all these years of DC shows toying with a Multiverse seeing this play out in a Flash movie

2016 - Flash-Supergirl 'World's Finest' crossover special

2017 - 'Once And Future Flash' episode

2018 - Elseworlds crossover

2020 - 'Crisis On Infinite Earths'

Michael Keaton says that DC's upcoming The Flash movie is something akin to his 1990s cult-hit comedy, Multiplicity. In a new interview, Keaton was musing about how fans all over the world seem hold Multiplicity in particularly high regard - when he suddenly veered into connecting that old film with what he worked on in The Flash! Multiplicity saw Keaton play a construction worker and dad who gets cloned by a scientist in order to help meet all the needs of his overscheduled life - only to have that experiment get way out of hand. Apparently, that premise speaks to how Ezra Miller's Flash will have to battle himself:

"I mean just did The Flash and there's a similarity in how - I don't want to give too much away - but how he has to play against himself and with himself," Keaton said while appearing on Jake's Takes. "And we were talking about the difficulty of making multiplicity and the challenge."

Keaton's words resonate loudly with recent rumors and leaks from the set of The Flash. One big rumor was that The Flash movie villain will be a darker version of Barry Allen, which will also be played by Ezra Miller.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:21 PM, D84 said:

Of all of Michael Keaton's movies, comparing it to Multiplicity might be the kiss of death.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:59 AM, Pete Marino said:

Exactly, I was hoping for more of a "Mr Mom" vibe from the Flash movie.

Jaws as the major villain.

Since with a Multiverse you would potentially be dealing with an alternate 'you' that may vastly differ from your traditional personality, I get what Keaton means in mentioning Multiplicty.

So if Barry is jumping from Earth to Earth and meeting a different version of himself (including an evil Speedster Barry), it adds to the Multiverse potential experience.