• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

The Flash, directed by Andy Muschietti (It), will feature Ezra Miller’s lightning-fast protagonist breaking the rules of physics to crash into various parallel universes, where he’ll encounter different versions of DC heroes, including Keaton’s Batman, as well as Ben Affleck’s.

Keaton was impressed by the -script by Birds of Prey writer Christina Hodson, and by Muschietti’s vision, and he was intrigued by the possibility of returning to the character he had helped shape in the public imagination.

“Frankly, in the back of my head, I always thought, ‘I bet I could go back and nail that *spoon*,’ ” Keaton says of Batman, a role he walked away from when he didn’t like the -script for the 1995 Joel Schumacher movie Batman Forever, which ultimately starred Val Kilmer. “And so I thought, ‘Well, now that they’re asking me, let me see if I can pull that off.’ ” It took him some time to wrap his head around the parallel-universe concept, however. “I had to read it more than three times to go, ‘Wait, how does this work?’ ” Keaton says. “They had to explain that to me several times. By the way, I’m not being arrogant, I hope, about this. I don’t say it like, ‘I’m too groovy.’ I’m stupid. There’s a lot of things I don’t know about. And so, I don’t know, I just kind of figured it out, but this was different. What’s really interesting is how much more I got [Batman] when I went back and did him. I get this on a whole other level now. I totally respect it. I respect what people are trying to make. I never looked at it like, ‘Oh, this is just a silly thing.’ It was not a silly thing when I did Batman. But it has become a giant thing, culturally. It’s iconic. So I have even more respect for it because what do I know? This is a big deal in the world to people. You’ve got to honor that and be respectful of that. Even I go, ‘Jesus, this is huge.’ “

During an interview with Collider, Braham shared some of his experiences while working on the set of The Flash. Along with celebrating the film’s storytelling, he also lauded Keaton’s contribution to the overall narrative:

“It's a pleasure working with the cast, as they're fantastic. Michael, of course, is a genius, and it's wonderful to see him recreate that role but in the present day. It’s wonderful! I think the movie has a massive scope, and I'm lucky to be able to work on movies I'd like to go and see. I'm not really interested in comic book movies. I'm interested in movies that take me on a journey, an emotional journey and a visual journey.”

Now that is nice to hear after the Justice League reshoot experiences.

Affleck will reprise his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman in the Andy Muschietti-directed “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller in the title role.

“It was a really nice way to revisit that as the prior experience had been difficult,” Affleck told me Sunday at a tastemaker screening of his upcoming George Clooney-directed coming-of-age drama “The Tender Bar.” “This was really lovely. Really fun.”

He also said, “I had a great time,” before cracking, “I’m probably under some gag order that I’m not even aware that I probably just violated and I’m now going to be sued.”

He gushed over Miller as well as being able to shoot in the U.K. “I love Ezra and I had a chance to see Jason [Momoa], who’s over there making ‘Aquaman [and the Lost Kingdom],’” Affleck said.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:52 AM, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao::applause:

At least he can join in the laughter now.

Always good to see when those involved don't take things too seriously. As bad as that film may have been received it still ends up having a place within the franchise for what it was at the time, I'm sure a lot of kids thought it was great! (As a big Arnie fan I still find it a guilty pleasure for a laugh)

Seems to be a lot of positives coming from the Flash camp with these little snippets. Fingers crossed for a cool spot at DC Fandom this month.