• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction

377 posts in this topic

The MH Jumbos, among others.

I'm not saying they're going to be anywhere near the winning bid, but usually at this early stage I'm able to put in 3-digit tracking bids on almost everything on the comic side.

Just curious, why not track the books without a bid?

Ken

Because if you initially track a book and then put in a bid on it, it gets moved from your tracking list to your bid list. It's a pain to flip back and forth between the bid list and tracking list, so easier to just put in small tracking bids on everything I'm either just following or seriously interested in, so I only need to pull up one list to see what's going on.

I'm not saying they're going to be anywhere near the winning bid, but usually at this early stage I'm able to put in 3-digit tracking bids on almost everything on the comic side.

Ken

Because if you initially track a book and then put in a bid on it, it gets moved from your tracking list to your bid list. It's a pain to flip back and forth between the bid list and tracking list, so easier to just put in small tracking bids on everything I'm either just following or seriously interested in, so I only need to pull up one list to see what's going on.

bang on

Ken

bang on

Funny, I do the exact opposite and just track and not bid on anything (to avoid 2 lists), waiting until either the end of online bidding or during live bidding to bid… you say toe-mato I say to-maa-to (does that right correctly?)...

Ken

bang on

Funny, I do the exact opposite and just track and not bid on anything (to avoid 2 lists), waiting until either the end of online bidding or during live bidding to bid… you say toe-mato I say to-maa-to (does that right correctly?)...

I want to be able to bid on various books during the online bidding phase to do some price discovery or defensive bidding. Which means I would end up having 2 lists, so therefore I just bid on everything to create 1 list.

Ken

bang on

I bid put low tracking bids on books that I'm curious about but have no intention of buying; I just track the ones I'm actually serious about. That way I can a) maintain two distinct lists and b) avoid bidding up the ones I want to go after.

OMG, the price on Captain Marvel Adventures 1/nn… wow!

Didn't expect that… did you?

Yes. Bc I was offered the book last year at 18 and passed doh!

Figured it will cost 25+ this time

One of the books I was planning to pursue but now looks like I will watch from the sideline :cry:

I'm a bonehead.

Let's not exaggerate!

The one stunner for me so far is the Pep #34. The 9.2 looks like a bit of a gift grade, but I guess that doesn't matter much with the next-best books all the way down at 7.0.

Yeah, I also thought there was a bit more wear on that one than is consistent with a 9.2 grade. Not that that will stop anyone from bidding on it. :D

Just shows that even some of the SF and Church books picked up a little wear from being read.

The one stunner for me so far is the Pep #34. The 9.2 looks like a bit of a gift grade, but I guess that doesn't matter much with the next-best books all the way down at 7.0.

And the that Pep is already at $26K. Wow.

OMG, the price on Captain Marvel Adventures 1/nn… wow!

Didn't expect that… did you?

Yes. Bc I was offered the book last year at 18 and passed doh!

Figured it will cost 25+ this time

One of the books I was planning to pursue but now looks like I will watch from the sideline :cry:

I'm a bonehead.

Let's not exaggerate!

you clearly don't know The Gator as well as I thought you did

that book is just super....worth every penny

my guess is it will close well well above current

my guess is it will close well well above current

Mine, too :(