• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Capullo selling his Batman artwork online
1 1

296 posts in this topic

Has there ever been a Tim Sale appreciation thread on the board? If I could choose a previous Artist/writer combo to produce another story Sale/Loeb would be in the top 3.

They are currently working on Captain America: White...

Malvin

That's complete. The collected hardcover is sitting on my floor.

Whew! I thought this had happened again-

Has there ever been a Tim Sale appreciation thread on the board? If I could choose a previous Artist/writer combo to produce another story Sale/Loeb would be in the top 3.

At HeroesCon last year Tim stated that he was looking for a writer to do a Femme Fatale style book when I asked him what he wanted to do next. Hope he's able to put that together.

My goal would be to get a piece of Batman art from all the big artists -- Neal Adams, Jim Lee, Tim Sale, Jim Aparo, Kevin Nowlan, Brian Stelfreeze, Brian Bolland, Greg Capullo, etc. I'd be happy with just panel pages.

My goal would be to get a piece of Batman art from all the big artists -- Neal Adams, Jim Lee, Tim Sale, Jim Aparo, Kevin Nowlan, Brian Stelfreeze, Brian Bolland, Greg Capullo, etc. I'd be happy with just panel pages.

My favorite Batman / Detective artists are:

Neal Adams

Marshall Rogers

Jim Lee

Then, I enjoyed the title works by

Jim Aparo

Gene Colan

David Finch

Tony Daniel

how does his normal marvel and DC art in general sell?

There hasn't been a "normal" - this last week was the first time the broad market had a chance at really any of his work. People have gotten limited work in the past, but he's kept nearly all of it unavailable until the last 7 days with a few limited exceptions, the biggest of which I believe was last fall at a con.

Yes, yes it would. $5k plus easily. Is it yours? I was actually just admiring it on CAF. :cloud9:

yes sir....framed and on my wall.... :cloud9:

the very next page (which i have been trying to find for some time) is now on heritage. :censored:

You should go for it! :baiting:

lol The starting bid is probably twice what he would offer.

Yes, yes it would. $5k plus easily. Is it yours? I was actually just admiring it on CAF. :cloud9:

the very next page (which i have been trying to find for some time) is now on heritage. :censored:

Has he started offering more recently? hm

Oh, and those Capullo prices are nuts.

1K for panels w/out Batman? His art is nice, but nothing I would consider spectacular.

That's more than what I bought my Sale DV and TLH pages put together. Granted, that was a few years back before art really went berserk.

No idea. I don't even know what the starting bid (if any) on that Heritage page is. But I figured I was safe saying it was double what Gman would offer.

No idea. I don't even know what the starting bid (if any) on that Heritage page is. But I figured I was safe saying it was double what Gman would offer.

When you said half it sounded like more than I would have expected. lol

Got some new prices, should anyone here be interested. You can contact Danny Miki should something appeal to you.

Covers:

#24: $40,000

#26: $25,000

#32: $30,000

#36: $35,000

#39: $30,000

#42: $20,000

#46: $25,000

#50: $50,000

Pages:

#36.18: $25,000

#50.7: $40,000