• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,137 posts in this topic

Here's my new one. Don't know why he's wearing clogs though?

SSWS161.jpg

I just screwed up my last second bid on the 9.6 Rosa that just ended on ebay (there was a hiccup and by the time I pressed "submit" the auction had ended). I think it ended right about where you got your 9.4 at $80.

I need to buy a sniping program, I would have bid it up to $150 at least. foreheadslap.gif

Here's the copy that I pulled from the sealed multipack. Will be sent to grading hell eventually so last chance to see it in its raw state.

ssws1511rp.jpg

Edited by greggy

I just screwed up my last second bid on the 9.6 Rosa that just ended on ebay (there was a hiccup and by the time I pressed "submit" the auction had ended). I think it ended right about where you got your 9.4 at $80.

I need to buy a sniping program, I would have bid it up to $150 at least.

I didn't see the rosa until after I had bought this one or I mighta let this one pass. Bidnip is a great sniper and cheap. Well worth it. thumbsup2.gif

Beautiful book! How's the back cover?

bronzejohnny

Back cover is near perfect.

Sweet book. What are you thinking 9.4/9.6?

I didn't know it was a multipack book, maybe I'll be able to upgrade at some point if it turns out to be that plentiful. Do you know, were most of the early SSWS US issues in multipacks?

bronzejohnny

I didn't know it was a multipack book, maybe I'll be able to upgrade at some point if it turns out to be that plentiful. Do you know, were most of the early SSWS US issues in multipacks?

Nah, like I mentioned previously, this book is most likely a 9.2. If the front cover was as nice as the back, we would be talking in the 9.6 or better range. I don't know if the others were in multipacks but this was an outer book along with 3 others. The other books were Witching Hour 9 (outer book), From Beyond the Unknown 5, and Showcase 91. The other books aren't as nice as the SSWS but all have nice white pages despite being stored in a crappy bag. The interesting part about this book is that it originally came from the "dentist", Dave Anderson. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It was part of a large lot of multipacks that he "dumped". I had to buy this pack from the winner of the lot at a later date. frown.gif

Nice book! Tough in grade for sure.

Shep

How tough do you figure those issues are? I found 9.0 copies of 139 and 140 once on eBay and snagged them for next to nothing. Haven't seen decent ones since.

ssws140.jpg

I saw a 140 CGC 9.2 on eBay last week. I think it went for around a hundred. I was outbid. sorry.gif

Shep

How tough do you figure those issues are? I found 9.0 copies of 139 and 140 once on eBay and snagged them for next to nothing. Haven't seen decent ones since.

ssws140.jpg

Thats a great Book thumbsup2.gif

bronzejohnny

Nah, like I mentioned previously, this book is most likely a 9.2. If the front cover was as nice as the back, we would be talking in the 9.6 or better range. I don't know if the others were in multipacks but this was an outer book along with 3 others. The other books were Witching Hour 9 (outer book), From Beyond the Unknown 5, and Showcase 91. The other books aren't as nice as the SSWS but all have nice white pages despite being stored in a crappy bag. The interesting part about this book is that it originally came from the "dentist", Dave Anderson. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It was part of a large lot of multipacks that he "dumped". I had to buy this pack from the winner of the lot at a later date. frown.gif

I'll throw my slabbed 9.2 up later tonight and you can have a look - your raw copy looks as good, or slightly better, hard to tell about surface wer from the scan though. thumbsup2.gif

Shep

ssws140.jpg

I saw a 140 CGC 9.2 on eBay last week. I think it went for around a hundred. I was outbid. sorry.gif

S'funny, I also have 9.0 copies of 139 and 140 that I got in San Diego a couple of years back... maybe $30 a piece. A nice copy of #138 is a biatch though. Mine's a FN. Tough black cover.

In the early days of ebay (before CGC really took hold) there was an entire NM run of SSWS from #138 to #150, all the enemy ace issues. It went for the then princely sum of $125!!! Man, I wish I could turn back the clock.

Shep

Thanks! The foolish seller had it graded at 7.0 (as well as the 139) and I picked them up for $10 apiece. yay.gif

Wanna turn a profit? I'll give you $11 ea. devil.gif

Thanks! The foolish seller had it graded at 7.0 (as well as the 139) and I picked them up for $10 apiece. yay.gif

Wanna turn a profit? I'll give you $11 ea. devil.gif

takeit.gif