• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B.E.K Black Eyed Kids from Aftershock comics

148 posts in this topic

It has an original story so...maybe. Its too early to say if the character in the story is a long term player. They're only $1 so definitely worth the risk imo.
It has an original story so...maybe. Its too early to say if the character in the story is a long term player. They're only $1 so definitely worth the risk imo.

You should see the return of the character introduced in the Genesis issue in issue #4 according to Joe Pruett

LCS didn't order #3. I can't find it on iTunes. I preordered but won't get these until Monday or Tuesday. Did anyone else read it and can you tell me where I might find this online ? Issue #2 only had a distribution of around 3700. Hard to believe a book this good isn't gaining traction but I suppose it's still early in the game.

Finally got my hands on a copy of #3. Great continuation of a very interesting story. Really getting fired up about #4 and continuation of the Aftershock short story. I'm wondering if this is going to be the main "good guy" in the story ?

Are the creators of this book still planning to visit this site and discuss the long term outlook for this book ?

I am loving this book. On holiday right now. Can't wait to get home and read number 3. I have also been impressed with Aftershock. American Monster has been pretty intriguing. And Super Zero is good fun. They also put their books out in a timely manner, which I greatly appreciate.

I agree. This company seems to have it altogether. Great writing, art, and a regular schedule. The line reminds me of the Vertigo line in its good old days. How long has Aftershock been around ?

Not even a year. I think it's first books were American Eagle and Superzero. I also forgot to mention that Second Sight is really good and was another one of their first offerings. These 3 books are all on their 5 and 6 issues I think.

I also love black mask, but black mask needs to stop sending its creative teams to every con known to humanity, and start focusing on getting issues out on a regular basis.

We've been publishing since December. Our first month's releases included REPLICA, INSEXTS, SUPERZERO and DREAMING EAGLES. Month two brought in AMERICAN MONSTER and STRAYER.

Well, it looks like I got Superzero right!! Heading to my LCS today to get my BEK 3.

Thanks for all the kinds works about BEK. Glad to find that some people are enjoying reading it as much as I am writing it.

You're welcome. Thanks for coming on here and saying hey to everybody. It really is a fun/scary story and has caused me to look for some of your other books. WTTB ! (thumbs u

Thanks for all the kinds works about BEK. Glad to find that some people are enjoying reading it as much as I am writing it.

You're welcome. Thanks for coming on here and saying hey to everybody. It really is a fun/scary story and has caused me to look for some of your other books. WTTB ! (thumbs u

Truly appreciate that. One word of advice though, don't read CABLE #75 and think that's me writing (even though I'm credited). I helped out on -script, but did not plot the story. I get a lot of flack for that issue still. Also, my story in X-MEN UNLIMITED #30 was originally a 26 page story that was sliced to 12 pages and was a story I wrote under my then editor's direction (I told her it didn't work when I wrote it) and was the reason I quit that series, so don't read that one either. :-) My old KILROY IS HERE series from Caliber Comics (with very early Mike Perkins on art for some issues, as well as Michael Avon Oeming and Phil Hester) was always a favorite of mine. I enjoyed my work on DUSTY STAR from back in the day. I still like my MAGNETO REX mini-series with Brendon Peterson, but think one of my favorite all-time stories I wrote was the one-shot GEN 13: GOING SOUTH with Andrew Robinson. It was just a fun story that I can still read and enjoy today.

You know, after reading your message again, I now read it as you're checking out other AfterShock Comics and not other comics I wrote back in the day (which is how I read it at first glance), so you can ignore my last reply. :-)

Welcome to the boards. It is awesome when creators come one here!!! I called Garth Ennis' book American Eagles. :sorry: Of course, it is Dreaming Eagles.

Ha! No worries. I always want to call it BLEEDING EAGLES for some reason.