• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,681 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2021 at 5:17 PM, Namtak said:

Weird tape dispenser!

image-1.jpg

Bro-sef! 

I have a book with Star Wars memorabilia.  It lists everything under the sun created for SW back in the day.

This was one piece I ALWAYS wanted.  AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Don't tug the tape too much.

Patrick

On 11/29/2021 at 9:39 PM, followtheleader said:

Bro-sef! 

I have a book with Star Wars memorabilia.  It lists everything under the sun created for SW back in the day.

This was one piece I ALWAYS wanted.  AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Don't tug the tape too much.

Patrick

Thanks for info did not know if it was a joke or real merchandise,dont know if i would pay for one tough lol

On 11/30/2021 at 12:17 AM, greggy said:
On 11/28/2021 at 4:25 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

At least Polish Cocaine Rap Cactus isn't as bad as the 2007 rohypnol in aqua dots... (shrug)

They were delicious

This coming from the guy who sent me this picture for Thanksgiving... 

FB_IMG_1638066810482.jpg.43640d078eb389b6f859fa91a815a090.jpg

On 11/30/2021 at 1:23 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This coming from the guy who sent me this picture for Thanksgiving... 

Since its a toy related thread :dont play with your food lol                                                         ps: try mayonnaise next time!

On 11/30/2021 at 4:09 PM, Namtak said:
On 11/30/2021 at 12:23 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

coming from the guy who sent me this picture for Thanksgiving... 

Expand  

Since its a toy related thread :dont play with your food lol                                                         ps: try mayonnaise next time!

Ketchup! :sumo:

On 11/30/2021 at 4:09 PM, Namtak said:

On 11/30/2021 at 4:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ketchup! :sumo:

If it were me I always add Hot Sauce.  :sumo:

So a couple of thoughts on the Skystriker 

I am passing on a Skystriker.    I really don't want to devote that type of footprint in the house and I do think it is overpriced for what it is.   I kept my BMF AT-AT, the BMF Falcon and the BMF Slave-1.  Sold all other vehicles or they are about to sell.  I flip flopped on the Skystriker but I am not backing it and the price seems to be the discussion with a few of us on FB.  If it was a lot cheaper then perhaps I would pick one up to open and display and then possibly toss in the garage 10-15 years from now if I needed space.  But at the price they are asking?  I cannot do that. 

However, they have too much tooling invested in it so I cannot imagine them cancelling it. I say the campaign is extended like they did with Unicron.   They keep showing off the assmbly and dedicated parts under the engine panel.  I don't know if that was necessary to add $20 or whatever they did to the cost.  I really feel that this could have been a lot cheaper. 

Will it get fully funded in the 6-7 days that remain? I don't think so.  Will it get fully funded if they add a month?  Most likely. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 11/30/2021 at 7:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am passing on a Skystriker.    I really don't want to devote that type of footprint in the house and I do think it is overpriced for what it is.   I kept my BMF AT-AT, the BMF Falcon and the BMF Slave-1.  Sold all other vehicles or they are about to sell.  I flip flopped on the Skystriker but I am not backing it and the price seems to be the discussion with a few of us on FB.  If it was a lot cheaper then perhaps I would pick one up to open and display and then possibly toss in the garage 10-15 years from now if I needed space.  But at the price they are asking?  I cannot do that. 

However, they have too much tooling invested in it so I cannot imagine them cancelling it. I say the campaign is extended like they did with Unicron.   They keep showing off the assmbly and dedicated parts under the engine panel.  I don't know if that was necessary to add $20 or whatever they did to the cost.  I really feel that this could have been a lot cheaper. 

Will it get fully funded in the 6-7 days that remain? I don't think so.  Will it get fully funded if they add a month?  Most likely. 

I can't believe this Spengler's Proton Pack at 399 got funded.  12k cosplayers maybe.

Edited by Poekaymon

Interesting note on the Rancor. 

Hasbro realized that they goofed and they buckled.

We really appreciate all the feedback we’ve received in an effort to make the HasLab Rancor the best possible dream product. With that, we realize we can't leave the most dangerous creature, the rancor, roaming the galaxy without its keeper. We will be adding a fully newly-tooled Star Wars: The Black Series Malakili figure to the base offering, funding at 9K units. Uncarded and ready for action, Malakili comes with his unique gaffi stick inspired by Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. This figure is in active development, and we will share renders as part of our backer updates if the project successfully moves into production.

This final additional figure can ONLY be added if we hit our target threshold of 9K backers before the campaign deadline (December 6, 2021). Thank you for your help in shaping this product in real time!

Help us defeat the Rancor – you’re our only hope!

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-black-series-rancor

To NOT included him in the original offering made no sense. 

If you have a general release Malakili then fans are going to want a rancor.

If you only do a Haslab rancor then fans are going to demand that a Malakili is offered in the general retail release and problems will arise.  Malakili is not going to be a high demand figure at retail and will be shortpacked making Haslab Rancor owners disappointed if they cannot get one for their supported product. 

Including Malakili was the only way to go and pair them up together at the initial offering tier. 

Now let's see if this makes it into production.  Let's see how many Star Wars collectors want the equivalent of a small child running around their home.  

On 11/30/2021 at 8:09 PM, Poekaymon said:

I can't believe this Spengler's Proton Pack at 399 got funded.  12k cosplayers maybe.

I think that someone on FB explained it by saying that for someone to put that together themself they are going to spend about that in real world parts and labor to to get it together.  There were some cosplayers saying that it was not too far off from what they tried to do.  I thought the initial 48 hr backing reward was brilliant and that they really paid a lot of attention to detail and offered some interesting incentives. 

As one Rancor supporter said, bones and a cardboard backer are no incentive.  I can color cardboard and 3D print my own bones.   

When it comes to Ghostbusters, the product has really been absent over the years and they did release the preorder for the neutrina wand as a separate purchase months ago and it actually links up to the pack.  

I was surprised we have not seen a legit ghost trap though.  I would imagine that given the success of the Haslab pack that a ghost trap and the spectometer thingy are not too far off from production. 

On 11/30/2021 at 5:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

The price is so heavily debated on Facebook. 

Never seen so many posts dedicated to it.  Both for and against.  

In addition to people not feeling it's different/improved enough. 

Patrick 

On 11/30/2021 at 7:19 AM, Namtak said:

Thanks for info did not know if it was a joke or real merchandise,dont know if i would pay for one tough lol

If it's relatively cheap, I'd recommend buying it.  

Same reason I want it, perv-ish. 

Check it: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334205797724?hash=item4dd037c55c:g:-bEAAOSwnylhUNv5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393642174473?hash=item5ba6e6e809:g:yZcAAOSw-Vdhcblp

Patrick

On 11/30/2021 at 8:56 PM, Buzzetta said:
On 11/30/2021 at 8:09 PM, Poekaymon said:

I think that someone on FB explained it by saying that for someone to put that together themself they are going to spend about that in real world parts and labor to to get it together.  There were some cosplayers saying that it was not too far off from what they tried to do.  I thought the initial 48 hr backing reward was brilliant and that they really paid a lot of attention to detail and offered some interesting incentives. 

As one Rancor supporter said, bones and a cardboard backer are no incentive.  I can color cardboard and 3D print my own bones.   

When it comes to Ghostbusters, the product has really been absent over the years and they did release the preorder for the neutrina wand as a separate purchase months ago and it actually links up to the pack.  

I was surprised we have not seen a legit ghost trap though.  I would imagine that given the success of the Haslab pack that a ghost trap and the spectometer thingy are not too far off from production. 

Also I had no idea this market existed, but there is a company who makes a proton pack called Anovos.  Check out the listing for it on BigBadToyStore:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/67315

It's $3,400, and it's already sold out despite not even being released yet.  :whatthe:  Hasbro must have noticed this and realized there was definitely a market for a more affordable version.

On 11/30/2021 at 7:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

I grudgingly went ahead and signed up for the Skystriker. I'm not excited about it, but I also don't want to end up regretting it down the road if I pass on it now. I 100% understand anyone's reason for passing on it. The arguments all make sense to me. It's my FOMO that lead me to sign on. That being said, I agree with you, this will get funded in time, either by extending the window, or by a sudden influx of mysterious "supporters". I feel like with most of these pieces, Hasbro is 100% going to make the item, they're just using Haslab as a way to offset some costs, and promote the thing. 

I question the decision to launch this and the Rancor at the same time, and right on the heels of Galactus and Victory Saber. I know each toy line has its own fans, but there has to be some crossover between those groups, and not everyone has $1k to throw at custom shop toys. I'm not a Star Wars guy anymore, but I'd have been tempted by the Rancor (simply due to the size of the thing) if not for the fact that I'm already in for $250 on the Skystriker, and they both hit at the holidays. Christmas shopping, Black Friday deals, there's a finite amount of money to be thrown around. I can't imagine that didn't also impact both of these campaigns.

What will burn my biscuits is if it funds, but we get NONE of the tiers, because honestly that's the only part I care about. I really wanted that flight crew, the final tier, and it looks like there's zero chance of that happening now.