• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,347 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2021 at 12:45 PM, F For Fake said:

I totally get it. The thing about selling stuff is that the more stuff you sell, the easier it is to keep selling. It is oddly liberating, as well as financially beneficial! I'm going to try to talk myself out of the Rancor since I really don't collect SW, but I do think a lot of that stuff is really neat.

Tell me about it.    And this does not include other smaller bins, walking around book shelves and pulling stuff off, eliminating a bookshelf all together and other various places where 'stuff' once was. 

If I hit another bin once I consolidate again, I might reward myself with that Kingdom Rodimus Prime.   But even if I do that I want to select another couple of Transformers to 'give up'.

Steps by the basement is where I am stacking empty containers and things. 

IMG_6925.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 10/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, F For Fake said:
On 10/27/2021 at 7:26 PM, fantastic_four said:

I can't imagine that proton pack gets 7000 backers.  It's SO niche.

Really? That's interesting, because to me, I think it'll blow past it.

It's up to 4100 backers on day two, so yea, looks like you're right.  I thought this one would go the way of Cookie Monster, but yep, clearly there's a market I wouldn't have guessed exists.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:35 AM, Buzzetta said:

Me: I am parsing down!  7 x 25 gallon containers along with other bins and things.

Me: I won't be getting any of the GI Joe Classified line. 

Also me:  Oh cool ! Snake Eyes arrived !  (I preordered Classified Stormshadow for the shelf and that is it.). 

I could possibly be enticed if I saw a few others that they have yet to announce... we will see.   I would not want more than any five of these. 

I left the silencer taped in the box as well as the other rifles and alternate portrait for Timber.  I know I am likely to lose the silencer if it leaves the packaging right now since I want Snake Eyes and Timber on the shelf. 

IMG_6942.jpeg

65722143056__A9D95ABD-78AD-455E-8861-F042DC4E84D0.jpeg

Damn, that Snake Eyes looks awesome out of the box. 

I did cringe a little seeing it pre and post packaging. 

Patrick 

On 10/29/2021 at 3:34 PM, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

The lego guys go bonkers that I throw the boxes away let alone open the sets to begin with lol 

On 10/29/2021 at 3:34 PM, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

You know what it really is?  I know I could have flipped it, but if I am going to only get one or two of the figures from this line I might as well keep it and enjoy it.  I can always put it back in the box if I want to display it that way as well.  I just sliced the tape and put the box in one of the drawers below the cabinet that he is in.  This is also the first Joe classified figure I have even held in hand loose.  I will say that I would like to find a loose version of the other Snake Eyes to get a sword and scabbard or wait for a third party to make one. 

Are there any stands for this scale that you or @fantastic_four recommend? 

I was tempted to pick these up: 

https://hasbropulse.com/products/hasbro-poseable-action-figure-stands-pack-of-3-hasbro-pulse-exclusive

Shipping is free so hm 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 10/29/2021 at 3:55 PM, Buzzetta said:

Are there any stands for this scale that you or @fantastic_four recommend? 

For keeping steady on the ground I'd use a Can of Beams hex base:  https://www.canofbeams.com/shop/

Flight stands come and go.  All of my favorites are currently out of production, so for now I'd either get the ones from Hasbro ( https://hasbropulse.com/products/hasbro-poseable-action-figure-stands-pack-of-3-hasbro-pulse-exclusive ) or if you want to support larger figures, i.e. sixth scale or BAF figures, then one of the knockoff larger scale stands ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002362953215.html ).

On 10/31/2021 at 3:44 PM, PKJ said:

Had a Buddy who collects bmx bikes call  from the basement of a guy he was buying from asking if he should pick up a Flagg the guy had. I told him I did not need a second one but would help him sell the ship and buy the box. The Flagg was 100% complete so I passed it on to another friend and bought the box.

A45EA432-D83D-487A-A87F-838B295C0BD1.jpeg

3BAEB5AD-EC1B-4A17-841F-DCC65B825660.jpeg

Complete has got to be hard to come by!

Satisfying all all of us with, "What's in the box!?!"

On 10/31/2021 at 2:44 PM, PKJ said:

Had a Buddy who collects bmx bikes call  from the basement of a guy he was buying from asking if he should pick up a Flagg the guy had. I told him I did not need a second one but would help him sell the ship and buy the box. The Flagg was 100% complete so I passed it on to another friend and bought the box.

3BAEB5AD-EC1B-4A17-841F-DCC65B825660.jpeg

It's in really good shape.   

I have one, but yours is in much nicer condition.

Congrats.  

Patrick

On 10/31/2021 at 1:44 PM, PKJ said:

That room :cloud9: 

On 11/2/2021 at 5:36 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Gotta bunch of Joe figs to go through!

IMG_8378.jpg

Oh man, that gets me excited. 

Blowtorch

86 Roadblock

Tunnel Rat

Cross Country

BackStop

Psyche Out

Globulus

Frostbite

Airtight

TechnoViper

Dusty

Alpine

Snow Serpent

Big Boa

Lady Jaye?

StratoViper

Scrap Iron?

Dusty

AVAC

Ace

Law & Order

Serpentor

Chuckles

Sgt Slaughter

Sneak Peak

Lifeline?

Outback

Bazooka

Trasher

Patrick

On 11/2/2021 at 9:28 PM, followtheleader said:

Oh man, that gets me excited. 

Blowtorch

86 Roadblock

Tunnel Rat

Cross Country

BackStop

Psyche Out

Globulus

Frostbite

Airtight

TechnoViper

Dusty

Alpine

Snow Serpent

Big Boa

Lady Jaye?

StratoViper

Scrap Iron?

Dusty

AVAC

Ace

Law & Order

Serpentor

Chuckles

Sgt Slaughter

Sneak Peak

Lifeline?

Outback

Bazooka

Trasher

Patrick

Wish I had your knowledge! This stuff is after my time, so it's all internet research for me. Got a lot of weapons/accessories, so need to match them up as well.

Or, I might take pics of everything and sell as a lot. Got many vehicles as well, including a Terror Drome.