• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,480 posts in this topic

Damn… have to wait until SDCC for the Haslab Vintage Collection Star Wars announcement.

On 5/4/2023 at 6:43 AM, Buzzetta said:

More of the new Lego line... pretty ... trippy?

LEGO-Dreamzzz-71456-Mrs.-Castillos-Turtle-Van-8Dn32-2048x1962.jpg

How many tabs of acid do they come with? Just the one?

Kind of happy and pretty bummed about this at the same time...

I found this on the Goodwill site the other day for $28 - vintage Talon Fighter and Point Dread, only missing the radar dish and bottom base (which is OK, because I actually had a bottom base to Point Dread from a parts lot I bought before):

unnamed(1).jpg.8b01a4aa9687159c9ef20736ada82fad.jpg

It showed up today, and the brown perch is nowhere in the box. I'm gutted about it, because I was happy to be getting an almost complete set, and that's a pretty critical part...

Here it is without the perch, with my bottom base attached. The Talon Fighter itself is great - all the stickers are there, the paint is pretty nice, the hinge is intact. But that perch is really going to bug me. I already reached out to them, so we'll see what they say, but I'm sure the piece is long gone if it didn't make it into the shipping box.

IMG_8471.thumb.jpg.a186a9d99493075d69228e9082aacb97.jpg

On 5/4/2023 at 5:29 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Kind of happy and pretty bummed about this at the same time...

I found this on the Goodwill site the other day for $28 - vintage Talon Fighter and Point Dread, only missing the radar dish and bottom base (which is OK, because I actually had a bottom base to Point Dread from a parts lot I bought before):

unnamed(1).jpg.8b01a4aa9687159c9ef20736ada82fad.jpg

It showed up today, and the brown perch is nowhere in the box. I'm gutted about it, because I was happy to be getting an almost complete set, and that's a pretty critical part...

Here it is without the perch, with my bottom base attached. The Talon Fighter itself is great - all the stickers are there, the paint is pretty nice, the hinge is intact. But that perch is really going to bug me. I already reached out to them, so we'll see what they say, but I'm sure the piece is long gone if it didn't make it into the shipping box.

IMG_8471.thumb.jpg.a186a9d99493075d69228e9082aacb97.jpg

I really appreciate the price breakdown cause that helps me find things, I had to do the same today hence the tag earlier today 

The base almost looks as though it's apart of He-Man!

On 5/4/2023 at 7:00 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

It is! This is the Point Dread/Talon Fighter set from He-Man/Masters of the Universe. It's built as a separate top and bottom base so that it can either stand alone, or the top base can come off and attach to the top of Castle Grayskull, like this (except I didn't snap it all the way on yet, because those old plastic tabs can be brittle):

Awesome awesome awesome! Knowing something about plastic! Yay me! Haha

Well I hope that it gets sorted for sure. :)

On 5/4/2023 at 9:32 AM, Cat said:

How many tabs of acid do they come with? Just the one?

Every review of every set from this line alludes to the same thing.  The designers are all saying it is supposed to invoke the idea of playing in the dream world.  Adult reviewers are either delicately saying it or bluntly that this looks like a drug fueled high. lol 

image.thumb.png.3c251fcb6aeed9146fb92a08aa79e836.png

Scroll through the pics to see Playmates' rejected Star Wars/TMNT pitch. 

I received my order of 5 Core Class Transformers today. Unfortunately this was placed before I learnt of Thomas' passing, or I'd have used that money for his GoFundMe. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that now. 

I received Core Class Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, Wheelie, and Thundercracker. For some reason BBTS never got in the Dinobots for me, so I just ordered them locally. I like them, but they're obviously compromised by the need to combine, a feature I would rather do without. But considering these aren't meant to be the Dinobots at all, they work remarkably well. Poor Sludge is quite compromised, but Slag and Grimlock come off just fine. I won't be displaying them as Volcanicus. I will also be skipping Dinoking, but if they do Abominus I'll be all over him. 

Wheelie I was going to pass on, as I have the Titans Return one, which is fine, and even the carppy one that came with the recent Leader Grimlock, so I didn't really need another. But I kept seeing this guy in photos, and liking the way he looked, so I finally cracked and added him. He's a nice little figure, happy to have him. 

Finally is Thundercracker. This completes my Seeker trio, but is actually an extra. I've got another TC on the way. This one's a deskbot, just to try and add some colour to the room I'm staying in, make it feel a bit more like home. So not bad for a 20 buck investment. 

Certainly a sliding scale of who I'd recommend and why, but ultimately they all have something to offer. Again, the Coral Class shows why it's in the best position of all the lines. 

On 5/9/2023 at 4:35 PM, Cat said:

I received my order of 5 Core Class Transformers today. Unfortunately this was placed before I learnt of Thomas' passing, or I'd have used that money for his GoFundMe. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that now. 

I received Core Class Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, Wheelie, and Thundercracker. For some reason BBTS never got in the Dinobots for me, so I just ordered them locally. I like them, but they're obviously compromised by the need to combine, a feature I would rather do without. But considering these aren't meant to be the Dinobots at all, they work remarkably well. Poor Sludge is quite compromised, but Slag and Grimlock come off just fine. I won't be displaying them as Volcanicus. I will also be skipping Dinoking, but if they do Abominus I'll be all over him. 

Wheelie I was going to pass on, as I have the Titans Return one, which is fine, and even the carppy one that came with the recent Leader Grimlock, so I didn't really need another. But I kept seeing this guy in photos, and liking the way he looked, so I finally cracked and added him. He's a nice little figure, happy to have him. 

Finally is Thundercracker. This completes my Seeker trio, but is actually an extra. I've got another TC on the way. This one's a deskbot, just to try and add some colour to the room I'm staying in, make it feel a bit more like home. So not bad for a 20 buck investment. 

Certainly a sliding scale of who I'd recommend and why, but ultimately they all have something to offer. Again, the Coral Class shows why it's in the best position of all the lines. 

I dig the core figures, fun little bots and I can actually Transform them without having to consult a YouTube tutorial! 

On 5/9/2023 at 6:45 PM, F For Fake said:

I dig the core figures, fun little bots and I can actually Transform them without having to consult a YouTube tutorial! 

I'd still have too , lol🤣 :shy:

Or maybe cause I had no toys as a kid, but my friends could just do it much faster while making the transformer sound effects.

Spoiler

Transformers had a lot of spit on them back in the 80's. :roflmao:

Stopped by a toy mall last weekend, found a couple of pieces for my Lost Light crew. I'd been hoping to find CW Ultra Magnus at a decent price for a while now, and this one fit the bill. Love the tiny little Minimus Ambus figure that comes with him. Also finally swapped my placeholder Earthrise Trailbreaker/Trailcutter for a Thrilling 30, much more fitting with the IDW designs. So, I've redone my Lost Light shelf to focus just on the featured characters. I'd had several random crew members in there, but I now have enough "main guys" to fill it out pretty nicely. Still need to pick up that MMC Rung figure, and the Furai Megatron model kit, Furai Drift (usually very pricey), the Takara Generations Skids (also not cheap compared to the Hasbro version), and some kind of compatible Ratchet, and then I'll feel like I've completed the essential crew. 

IMG_3323.JPG

IMG_3327.JPG