• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,349 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2023 at 7:57 AM, Dalehamblin said:

And please excuse the pic of my son underneath just getting used to this 🤷‍♂️

To edit a post it is the three dots in the upper right of your post, to delete an uploaded pic it is in the edit at the bottom of your post that you can "X" to close the pic that you want deleted :) 

On 4/18/2023 at 10:55 PM, Dalehamblin said:

Other than comics I collect vintage Star Wars figures,I found some of my originals years back and it got me into finishing the run then into variants, I have since stopped here’s my pic 

91A93C72-EDAB-4691-B496-61114934B9EA.jpeg

Damn straight the Ewoks deserve a shelf to themselves. And you know why the B-Wing Pilot stands out in the photo? It's cos he's AWESOME, and I will hear no rebuttals. 

On 4/21/2023 at 7:59 AM, Cat said:

I got 2 more Stunticons: Breakdown and Motormaster. Now I just need Dead End to complete Menasor, he's on preorder at Entertainment Earth. Fingers crossed they come through. 

I picked up a Star Wars Black Aayla Secura, even though I've got 2 of her on the way. This one is for my dresser, just to try and make this place feel a bit more like home while I'm staying here. 

Today I received a Transformers 3rd party figure, Iron Factory Resolute Defender, aka G1 Brawn. He's a nice little figure, in the Legends scale, coming with 4 sets of hands, 4 guns of varying sizes, and a drill for vehicle mode. Great figure. Here's a piccie of him compared to Newage's Brawn, known as William Bonney. Iron Factory on the left, Newage on the right. 

20230421_112923.thumb.jpg.9b0e3ab7c1b1530b096e7616bb87744d.jpg

Not sure if they ship to you, so it may not be helpful, but Pulse has Dead End back in stock along with several other bots like Sky Lynx, Jetfire, etc

On 4/21/2023 at 1:32 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Haven’t posted here in a while. I hope all is well. Here’s my pickups from this month. The larger joe lot I mainly got for the listen n fun tripwire, but it had a lot of vehicle upgrades for me. I always love that.

The Voltron I got with the talking Joe confuses me a bit. I went down the rabbit hole of all the different versions of Voltron. I don’t think it’s matchbox because the lions have the yellow buttons. I was thinking it might be the lionbot bootleg that is made in the same factory as the original, but the yellow lion has red cannon tips. Maybe someone here might know. In any case I need a red lion. :baiting: I’m excited to own it either way. I never had a full set as a kid.

17A27D05-2DE2-4395-A314-E93F67CD074C.jpeg

7EF92BA5-E456-41B3-BCAA-F6DE6F499A2A.jpeg

A312C813-C49D-4C0E-AF9B-A406FB53F6DB.jpeg

F9F791C2-EEF6-4596-9197-A2263F04F31E.jpeg

BCBA1FBC-1770-4418-ADED-5DBB32CECF26.jpeg

50202803-46D7-4801-851C-05508F1B2984.jpeg

Good to see you back! And great stuff as always!

On 4/22/2023 at 2:21 AM, F For Fake said:

Not sure if they ship to you, so it may not be helpful, but Pulse has Dead End back in stock along with several other bots like Sky Lynx, Jetfire, etc

Thanks for the heads-up, but no, they won't ship here, unfortunately. I've paid for my EE preorder, so I should be good for him, but it's never a sure thing until he's in your hands, you know. 

These arrived from Pulse last week, Walmart/Pulse exclusive retro repaints, give animation decos. I'm really loving this line so far. Hound is an odd choice, considering that he doesn't even have a speaking role in TFTM, but any opportunity to see this rarely used mold is a good one. As for the deco, I'll say that I understand the reason why they're going with the flat gray on the "metal" pieces instead of chrome, in order to match the animation aesthetic, but it does make it look sorta dull and chintzy. 

Thundercracker, on the other hand, is beautiful. This is the deco I wanted so badly as a kid, as I always loved that shade of blue. Looks great on the mold. The only drawback with this one is that, like Starscream, something is off with the mold itself, in that the wings no longer sit flush up against the body of the plant. There's a little gap there, and it kinda drives me mad. I'm not sure how long ago this went wrong, but it has been a while, and they don't seem to be interested in fixing it. The other knock is that on my copy, the right wing doesn't seem to want to stay plugged in, and falls out very easily. 

On the plus side, they're still using die-cast parts on these, just like the originals, so they have a nice heft in hand. And they're so familiar, I could transform these in my sleep, so they're very satisfying to "play" with.

Gimme more! (Included some pics of the new ones alongside my G1 originals, to give you an idea of the difference in paint apps.)

IMG_3029.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

IMG_3036.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG

IMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

On 4/24/2023 at 8:38 AM, F For Fake said:

These arrived from Pulse last week, Walmart/Pulse exclusive retro repaints, give animation decos. I'm really loving this line so far. Hound is an odd choice, considering that he doesn't even have a speaking role in TFTM, but any opportunity to see this rarely used mold is a good one. As for the deco, I'll say that I understand the reason why they're going with the flat gray on the "metal" pieces instead of chrome, in order to match the animation aesthetic, but it does make it look sorta dull and chintzy. 

Thundercracker, on the other hand, is beautiful. This is the deco I wanted so badly as a kid, as I always loved that shade of blue. Looks great on the mold. The only drawback with this one is that, like Starscream, something is off with the mold itself, in that the wings no longer sit flush up against the body of the plant. There's a little gap there, and it kinda drives me mad. I'm not sure how long ago this went wrong, but it has been a while, and they don't seem to be interested in fixing it. The other knock is that on my copy, the right wing doesn't seem to want to stay plugged in, and falls out very easily. 

On the plus side, they're still using die-cast parts on these, just like the originals, so they have a nice heft in hand. And they're so familiar, I could transform these in my sleep, so they're very satisfying to "play" with.

Gimme more! (Included some pics of the new ones alongside my G1 originals, to give you an idea of the difference in paint apps.)

IMG_3029.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

IMG_3036.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG

IMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

These things just scream, "pick me up and try me out for play!" lol:whee: 

On 4/24/2023 at 9:45 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

These things just scream, "pick me up and try me out for play!" lol:whee: 

Oh for sure, they're a ton of fun to fidget around with!