• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,382 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2023 at 1:24 AM, Buzzetta said:

Someone posted this on the facebook lego groups. 

Remember to be leery of buying SEALED copies of sets with brown bricks.   The mixture for brown bricks from around 2011-2016 has proven to be problematic and the bricks are VERY brittle.  Lego has since changed the recipe but sets from this time period containing brown bricks, such as many Star Wars, Lone Ranger, and the Castle Kingdom sets suffer from this issue, as they featured many brown pieces in each of their sets. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0e01953b3d555c6504bc31dc52a74382.jpeg

I thought that was chocolate legos at first glance. Now there's an idea.

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

On 4/28/2023 at 2:24 AM, Buzzetta said:

Someone posted this on the facebook lego groups. 

Remember to be leery of buying SEALED copies of sets with brown bricks.   The mixture for brown bricks from around 2011-2016 has proven to be problematic and the bricks are VERY brittle.  Lego has since changed the recipe but sets from this time period containing brown bricks, such as many Star Wars, Lone Ranger, and the Castle Kingdom sets suffer from this issue, as they featured many brown pieces in each of their sets. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0e01953b3d555c6504bc31dc52a74382.jpeg

Oh no! I’ve been contemplating selling this one. Now I’m thinking I should be careful and hang onto it.

E1011754-5AD3-4915-B29A-E6D949FC5813.thumb.jpeg.5358165bb96b74e68205a89328e28b5e.jpeg

On 4/30/2023 at 10:51 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Oh no! I’ve been contemplating selling this one. Now I’m thinking I should be careful and hang onto it.

E1011754-5AD3-4915-B29A-E6D949FC5813.thumb.jpeg.5358165bb96b74e68205a89328e28b5e.jpeg

No, I would take pics and sell it in the Facebook Lego groups and not on Lego… however the life expectancy is limited moving forward.  

Take pics of it built and then separate it VERY carefully.  Upon successful deconstruction and replacement of broken pieces, THEN you post it for sale. 

it will only get worse

@Brandon Shepherd - sorry I was typing on my phone but am home now.

I would sell it on the Lego Facebook groups and not eBay I meant to say.  The Lego group know what the deal is and as long as you say you replaced broken bricks and all they know that eventually things might chip or crumble.   However the issue will continue to degrade. 

It's a great set but one that I have stayed away from.

On 4/30/2023 at 11:49 AM, Buzzetta said:

@Brandon Shepherd - sorry I was typing on my phone but am home now.

I would sell it on the Lego Facebook groups and not eBay I meant to say.  The Lego group know what the deal is and as long as you say you replaced broken bricks and all they know that eventually things might chip or crumble.   However the issue will continue to degrade. 

It's a great set but one that I have stayed away from.

I have another dilemma, I have a bunch of Rise of Skywalker sets I’d like to sell but the demand just isn’t there. :violin:

On 4/30/2023 at 4:05 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

I have another dilemma, I have a bunch of Rise of Skywalker sets I’d like to sell but the demand just isn’t there. :violin:

Which ones? 

On 4/28/2023 at 1:11 PM, Cat said:

Screenshot_20230429_030739_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b3f8ee85f61c4d544dd7fedd264b8100.jpg

I would expect them to do something like they did with the "Thrilling 30" line. 

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Thrilling_30

Hasbro released 30 "special" or "exclusive" figures to celebrate the year as well as pumping out a giant release of Generations core and popular characters.  A few of those designs are still solid ten years later like Springer. 

I would expect something similar but in line with 40 special figures across the Generations, Masterpiece, Buzzworthy Bumblebee line and Studio Series. 

I am "guessing" that Swoop will be one of these figures labeled as a 40th Anniversary figure in the Studio Series line with the original toy colors variant as an exclusive or something.

Here is the list of the exclusives from ten years ago. 

ScreenShot2023-04-30at5_49_56PM.thumb.png.e5780d4004cac509461bb323ac6eaf13.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 5/1/2023 at 7:54 AM, Buzzetta said:

I would expect them to do something like they did with the "Thrilling 30" line. 

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Thrilling_30

Hasbro released 30 "special" or "exclusive" figures to celebrate the year as well as pumping out a giant release of Generations core and popular characters.  A few of those designs are still solid ten years later like Springer. 

I would expect something similar but in line with 40 special figures across the Generations, Masterpiece, Buzzworthy Bumblebee line and Studio Series. 

I am "guessing" that Swoop will be one of these figures labeled as a 40th Anniversary figure in the Studio Series line with the original toy colors variant as an exclusive or something.

Here is the list of the exclusives from ten years ago. 

ScreenShot2023-04-30at5_49_56PM.thumb.png.e5780d4004cac509461bb323ac6eaf13.png

There's rumour of An SS86 Optimus Prime for it, but we're also getting an SS86 Ultra Magnus, so that might not leave much room for him. I love the Earthrise figure of OP, but if they did a movie-accurate look I'd definitely buy that. You know, the more anime-esque look to him.

Otherwise we know we're getting SS86 Brawn, so a 40th Anniversary SS86 Prowl would be wild. Do a TF first and give him swappable heads (with no other use, unlike Armada Sideways) with the smoke and fire coming out as he dies, and it'd be a must-have. 

On 4/30/2023 at 8:40 PM, Cat said:

There's rumour of An SS86 Optimus Prime for it, but we're also getting an SS86 Ultra Magnus, so that might not leave much room for him. I love the Earthrise figure of OP, but if they did a movie-accurate look I'd definitely buy that. You know, the more anime-esque look to him.

Otherwise we know we're getting SS86 Brawn, so a 40th Anniversary SS86 Prowl would be wild. Do a TF first and give him swappable heads (with no other use, unlike Armada Sideways) with the smoke and fire coming out as he dies, and it'd be a must-have. 

There was a brief... and I mean brief reprieve from the rain that Long Island has been hammered with this weekend and I went to Target.

I held in my hand Jazz from the the Buzzworthy Bumblebee line and put it back.  $25 for what was... it was just small.  

I cannot justify that.  It looked cool but... small. 

As far as Brawn... interesting... looking more forward to the paint deco change and swapped head for Outback. 

On 5/1/2023 at 11:35 AM, Buzzetta said:

There was a brief... and I mean brief reprieve from the rain that Long Island has been hammered with this weekend and I went to Target.

I held in my hand Jazz from the the Buzzworthy Bumblebee line and put it back.  $25 for what was... it was just small.  

I cannot justify that.  It looked cool but... small. 

As far as Brawn... interesting... looking more forward to the paint deco change and swapped head for Outback. 

Unfortunately the size of new Transformers is a problem, particularly the difference between deluxes and Voyagers. What used to be a marked difference is now just a centimetre or two of height and a tad more bulk. It's disappointing that we've come to this point. 

On 5/1/2023 at 12:43 AM, Cat said:

Unfortunately the size of new Transformers is a problem, particularly the difference between deluxes and Voyagers. What used to be a marked difference is now just a centimetre or two of height and a tad more bulk. It's disappointing that we've come to this point. 

Deluxes really do feel kind of puny once you bust them out of the box, especially at $25. However, the sculpts and engineering are so great these days, I don't complain too much.

Continuing the dig through that bin of bots, there was a Cyberton Metroplex to go along with the recent Legacy release. Currently missing Drillbit and the key, but you don't really need those for display. Father and son!

IMG_3153.JPG