• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,633 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2023 at 12:06 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I wanted this since it came out, but it was pretty pricey at launch. I have almost all of the other MEGA MOTU sets (still need to get Monstroid - and I'll never have the Battle Bones, because it was an SDCC Exclusive and it's $400 at resale, which I refuse to pay). I got Castle Grayskull on Amazon a couple of years ago for $150, so I told myself if Snake Mountain ever dips below $200, I'll pull the trigger. Well, a couple of days ago it hit $199 on Amazon, and I kept my promise to myself. This thing is massive and super heavy! Can't wait to find the time to build it:

IMG_8507.thumb.JPG.1be6d977ff1184a3228c6cabd732880d.JPG

I thought they were going to rerelease the Battle Bones. Whatever happened to that? 

On 5/10/2023 at 9:08 PM, Cat said:

I thought they were going to rerelease the Battle Bones. Whatever happened to that? 

I keep hoping so, but nothing yet. They also canceled the Advent Calendar with Orko in it, and there was a mini-fig set that they released, but for some reason in ridiculously limited numbers - with Orko in it. So at this point, the only way to get an official Orko fig (my favorite character) is to spend $200+. Since they just released the main tower of Eternia on the Mattel website, with signs that they'll release all three towers as separate sets, I'm holding out hope we'll finally get an official Orko release in a proper set.

On 4/30/2023 at 11:15 AM, Buzzetta said:

No, I would take pics and sell it in the Facebook Lego groups and not on Lego… however the life expectancy is limited moving forward.  

Take pics of it built and then separate it VERY carefully.  Upon successful deconstruction and replacement of broken pieces, THEN you post it for sale. 

it will only get worse

It was a long, nerve shattering surgery. No pieces broke thou. 

IMG_0454.jpeg

He doesn't say what set it is @Brandon Shepherd but I "think" it is the Imperial Flagship which was a set I sold two years ago that I never got around to opening.   I bought it and put it in storage never to build it.  When I saw the prices climbing and that the set was degrading I sold my sealed copy for well over $1000.  Lego buyers know the deal so they assume the risk and always feel they can swap out a broken part or two.

That part though?  That pirate ship hull is not readily available except for the more expensive sets. 

Ouchies... 

So yeah, always keep that in mind for sets that come from that period.  Avoid..., 

On 5/13/2023 at 8:21 PM, Namtak said:

Wanted this boba fett figure for a while now,played à lot with one like that as a kid,now i finally have a factory sealed one😁

20230513_200915.jpg

I really enjoyed this time period for the red card POFs and in particular discovering these Boba Fett's had hand variant editions was absolutely spectacular.

This was a chance for allot of folks to get some vindication this time around in leaving that bubble/card in factory sealed condition! I would hit various stores early in the morning or knew specific times when new toy inventory was pushed out to the aisle as did many others. Made things very interesting and competitive especially that first few weeks of the release. Certain stores even had quantity limits on purchase amounts.   

On 5/15/2023 at 12:55 AM, factory sealed said:

I really enjoyed this time period for the red card POFs and in particular discovering these Boba Fett's had hand variant editions was absolutely spectacular.

This was a chance for allot of folks to get some vindication this time around in leaving that bubble/card in factory sealed condition! I would hit various stores early in the morning or knew specific times when new toy inventory was pushed out to the aisle as did many others. Made things very interesting and competitive especially that first few weeks of the release. Certain stores even had quantity limits on purchase amounts.   

This was indeed a fun time to collect, as SW started to creep back into the public consciousness. First the POTF2 toys, then the special editions, then the prequels. I was working at a comic shop at the time, and we'd get a box or two of the POTF figures, and they'd sell out within a couple of hours each time.

There are a lot of fun variants, like the various saber and tray lengths. The good thing is that for the most part they're not expensive, and you can find them mixed in with other figures pretty regularly. A few years ago I cleaned up all of the SS/LT and LS variants at a Flea Market, the figures mixed on a peg wall with the "regular" figures, for $4 a pop. Hard to believe enough time has passed to be nostalgic about this line, but there you have it all the same. 

I also need Omega Supreme, so I'd love a rerelease of him. I don't see it happening though, considering we just got the Sentinel guy, sadly. 

Nice score you've got there. For goodness sake man, keep a Jetfire this time! lol

On 5/15/2023 at 9:28 AM, Cat said:

I also need Omega Supreme, so I'd love a rerelease of him. I don't see it happening though, considering we just got the Sentinel guy, sadly. 

Nice score you've got there. For goodness sake man, keep a Jetfire this time! lol

Yeah, I was hoping for a refresh on Omega, but I think you're right, the Sentinel is likely all we're going to get. And he IS cool, I plan on picking one up, but I'd still really like the original.

I know, I know. Sometimes I just get dollar signs in my eyes and tell myself I don't need to keep something, but the third time is the charm! He's staying in his forever home! (Probably!)

On 5/15/2023 at 11:34 PM, F For Fake said:

Yeah, I was hoping for a refresh on Omega, but I think you're right, the Sentinel is likely all we're going to get. And he IS cool, I plan on picking one up, but I'd still really like the original.

I know, I know. Sometimes I just get dollar signs in my eyes and tell myself I don't need to keep something, but the third time is the charm! He's staying in his forever home! (Probably!)

I think I'm going to pass on the Sentinel. I'd get him if I had Omega Supreme, but weirdly without him I don't want the Sentinel. 

I can understand you selling your Jetfire. I considered selling my first edition too. Glad I didn't though. I don't know if Hasbro can manage two batches of non-yellowing white plastic at the moment. Fingers crossed for you. 

On 5/15/2023 at 10:09 AM, Cat said:

I think I'm going to pass on the Sentinel. I'd get him if I had Omega Supreme, but weirdly without him I don't want the Sentinel. 

I can understand you selling your Jetfire. I considered selling my first edition too. Glad I didn't though. I don't know if Hasbro can manage two batches of non-yellowing white plastic at the moment. Fingers crossed for you. 

I'm a sucker for semi-obscure characters from the cartoon, and with the Orion Pax/Alpha Trion pack from last year, and now the War Dawn pack coming with Dion and Erial, the Sentinel will be a perfect piece to cap off an oddly specific mini-collection. I'll take all of the Cybertron figures they want to give us! But with nearly all of the Titans from the last few years eventually ending up on clearance, I'm not in a huge hurry to grab him. The day will come, maybe the Pulse Black Friday sale, if he lasts that long.

That's a good point about the yellowing, hopefully I'll continue to dodge that bullet. So far so good, but it's a very valid concern to be sure. 

On 5/16/2023 at 12:13 AM, F For Fake said:

I'm a sucker for semi-obscure characters from the cartoon, and with the Orion Pax/Alpha Trion pack from last year, and now the War Dawn pack coming with Dion and Erial, the Sentinel will be a perfect piece to cap off an oddly specific mini-collection. I'll take all of the Cybertron figures they want to give us! But with nearly all of the Titans from the last few years eventually ending up on clearance, I'm not in a huge hurry to grab him. The day will come, maybe the Pulse Black Friday sale, if he lasts that long.

That's a good point about the yellowing, hopefully I'll continue to dodge that bullet. So far so good, but it's a very valid concern to be sure. 

I'm still cranky I decided to skip the Alpha Trion pack. I don't even know why I did it. It's on my list now anyway. Still not sure about the Dion pack though. They will look good with the Sentinel though, you're right there. And yeah, you guys are so lucky with those clearance prices. Makes me so insanely jealous. 

That yellowing problem really disgusts me. There's no excuse for it at this stage of things, especially at the prices we're paying now. It should never have happened, but it certainly should have been fixed the moment the initial reports came in. 

On 5/15/2023 at 10:18 AM, Cat said:

I'm still cranky I decided to skip the Alpha Trion pack. I don't even know why I did it. It's on my list now anyway. Still not sure about the Dion pack though. They will look good with the Sentinel though, you're right there. And yeah, you guys are so lucky with those clearance prices. Makes me so insanely jealous. 

That yellowing problem really disgusts me. There's no excuse for it at this stage of things, especially at the prices we're paying now. It should never have happened, but it certainly should have been fixed the moment the initial reports came in. 

Even more frustrating (re: the yellowing problem) is that Hasbro's response has basically been to shrug their shoulders and say "Eh, what can ya do?" They really haven't addressed it at all. Like I said, so far I've not had any issues, but I fully realize it's just a matter of time. That's one of the reasons I passed on Victory Saber, that's too much money for that much white plastic. I hope he stays white for everyone that took the plunge, but I couldn't do it.

On 5/16/2023 at 12:21 AM, F For Fake said:

Even more frustrating (re: the yellowing problem) is that Hasbro's response has basically been to shrug their shoulders and say "Eh, what can ya do?" They really haven't addressed it at all. Like I said, so far I've not had any issues, but I fully realize it's just a matter of time. That's one of the reasons I passed on Victory Saber, that's too much money for that much white plastic. I hope he stays white for everyone that took the plunge, but I couldn't do it.

Yeah, I'm glad I dodged that bullet. Also kinda helps that HasLabs sell for $800AU plus shipping here. It's outrageous. 

Hasbro's response to the yellowing has been pathetic, I agree. Back in the day they'd at least have said they were looking into it, but now, nothing. I try to avoid white characters, which is just awful. I had to hope it doesn't extend to TakTom product, as I did buy MP Skyfire. I think he'll be fine, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't on the back of my mind.